Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Need Help - If you fought a ticket and won via Trial By Declaration

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Need Help - If you fought a ticket and won via Trial By Declaration
Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beasty5.0  Ford pictures for Beasty5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm looking to see if anyone has won a stop sign ticket or a speeding ticket via Trial by Declaration, if so would you care to PM me as to what exactly you wrote.

Ticket 1 - Stop beyond the stop sign, cop said didn't make a correct stop. It was a three way stop in a residental area, no other cars were there. Cop was parked on the right.

Ticket 2 - CHP officer said speed was 90, but my girl was doing 80. We were going southbound on the 5 toward LA and he was going northbound. It was around 1:30am, no traffic. Ticket does not indicate that it was caught on radar, however, radar unit was checked/filled in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------
1992 Geo Metro, Running 32's in the quarter-mile

Posts: 1055 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.ticketassassin.com/register/register.php

I won a few tickets fighting the TA way

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharkattack  Ford pictures for sharkattack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you tell the CHP you were doing 80?

--------------------
1965 Fastback

03 Cobra with some stuff

Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beasty5.0  Ford pictures for Beasty5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sharkattack:
Did you tell the CHP you were doing 80?

No, we did not. There was not much of a conversation. He just said I stopped you for speeding doing about 90. 'Can I see your license and registration?' Then went to his car and came back with a ticket. Not much was said between the two, since my girl was not really in the mood to discuss anything with the cop as we were going up to LA for a funeral, since her uncle passed away.
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey i fought 2, one where i was caught doing 81 on lidar, and another bs one and won both. But not the first time around. When i get home and not on my crackberry ill pm you.

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

Beasty5.0
¯
Member # 2935

ttt
CompSVT
¯
Member # 7392

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for CompSVT  Ford pictures for CompSVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm 4-0 I stay fighting tickets by mail
Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
For the speeding ticket the fact that you were doing 80 not 90 doesnt matter, you were still speeding. If you tell the judge that your screwed.

For the stop sign ticket the only chance you probably got is if the stop sign at the intersection wasnt double marked. meaning there was the word "STOP" written on the road and that there was a stop sign.

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
Carless
¯
Member # 9119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carless  Ford pictures for Carless  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Adam5.0:
For the speeding ticket the fact that you were doing 80 not 90 doesnt matter, you were still speeding. If you tell the judge that your screwed.

For the stop sign ticket the only chance you probably got is if the stop sign at the intersection wasnt double marked. meaning there was the word "STOP" written on the road and that there was a stop sign.

Hes right about the speeding ticket BUT you telling the judge you did 80 and not 90 will reduce your fine. They base it on how badly you put yourself and others in danger. so it might help.

--------------------
*89 LX 5.0(sold)
*86 GT 5.0(sold)
*90 GT 5.0

CompSVT
¯
Member # 7392

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CompSVT  Ford pictures for CompSVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man u guys need to learn how to fight a speeding ticket. I got a ticket for double the speed limit and got state ref, I fought it by mail and won. 2 of the other ones I got where speeding the other for beat and now I'm fighting a stop sign which flew right by.
Carless
¯
Member # 9119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carless  Ford pictures for Carless  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CompSVT:
Man u guys need to learn how to fight a speeding ticket. I got a ticket for double the speed limit and got state ref, I fought it by mail and won. 2 of the other ones I got where speeding the other for beat and now I'm fighting a stop sign which flew right by.

No sarcasm intended, but why dont you give us some pointers?

--------------------
*89 LX 5.0(sold)
*86 GT 5.0(sold)
*90 GT 5.0

Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check your PMs [patriot]
Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by CompSVT:

Damn 4-0? [worship]

WTF are you writing in the mail? Last time I tried fighting by mail the judge still sided with the cop. Is your citing officer just not responding?

Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Justa2V
¯
Member # 3749

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Justa2V  Ford pictures for Justa2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would love to know how the hell do you win on fighting a ticket . . . how do you fight one through the mail to begin with? I got a ticket by a camera on the freeway while in AZ for doing 77 in a 65 zone.

--------------------
2014 GT500 Blk/Blk PP - On the way
2014 GT500 DIB/Blk PP
2006 Explorer XLT
2003 Lincoln Aviator
2002 Mustang GT
2000 Mustang
1998 Stg. 1 Roush

Posts: 1015 | From: The Valley | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im 3 out of 4. The one I lost was going over 115+mph. Pretty much impossible to beat.

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2BlueGeeTees  Ford pictures for 2BlueGeeTees    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't u have to pay the bail in full to fight it by mail I believe this is what I read on my exhuast ticket be aide I wanted to fight it by mail
Posts: 2316 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
CompSVT
¯
Member # 7392

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CompSVT  Ford pictures for CompSVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 707vibrantcobra93:
Don't u have to pay the bail in full to fight it by mail I believe this is what I read on my exhuast ticket be aide I wanted to fight it by mail

Yea that's the only part that sucks but you get it back within 30 days after u win for the most part. Think of it as a savings account.
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Just got this back today [dance] [dance] [Whoo Whooooo!] [Whoo Whooooo!]

-

--------------------

djlopez916
¯
Member # 8787

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for djlopez916  Ford pictures for djlopez916  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had court tuesday there trying to give me 30days of jail time and a fine of 1080 for a 23109. Sux cuz im on probation from a D.U.I back in 2006 but I got public defender and another court date hopefully i can get a reduced charge.

--------------------
89 GT VERT work in progress
05 v6 stang
97 Ford expedition

Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Is your ticket a infraction? It's not a misdemeanor is it? If it isn't your allowed a Trial by Mail. I would do that first, because if you lose you still have another shot of beating it.

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com