Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Car Audio opinions

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Car Audio opinions
Chris C.
¯
Member # 1949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris C.  Ford pictures for Chris C.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ive been out of the audio game for awhile and need some opinions.

Im putting together a system for my girls b day

So far the deck is gonna be a sony GTcdx930ui.
-2 w3's im throwing in the trunk.

But im stuck on what kind of speakers to get. 3 way? 4 way? brand?

This is going in a 2002 4dr civic.

Thanks for the help.

--------------------
-1990 Coupe

Posts: 636 | From: San Jose, Ca | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
QuickSparks
¯
Member # 8826

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for QuickSparks  Ford pictures for QuickSparks    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I would just worry about the front speakers and leave whatever is in the rear stock. You want the soundstage to be front and center.

Several years ago I was planning on building kickpods with 2 way component speakers from CDT Audio . That brand was highly recommended at the time (ca 2003). I was going to power them with a JL Audio amp.

The products have evolved in the past six years, but the ones I linked to are comparable to what I had picked out at the time. I didn't proceed with the project because I went off to college and ended up selling the gear.

Chris C.
¯
Member # 1949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris C.  Ford pictures for Chris C.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the input...

Im going to swap out all 4 speakers, since a couple of them are blown.

Any other opinions?

Also anyone know of a good website that sells the sub cable kits? or am i better off just getting that at a install place?

--------------------
-1990 Coupe

Tony Montana
¯
Member # 8288

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Montana  Ford pictures for Tony Montana    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you already have the bass together might as well finish it off with some infinity 6x9 three ways and some component sixes. if you want some nice vocals and good mid range they do the job they dont get distorted when u turn them up either as long as u leave the bass to the subs.

--------------------
I lend my brother a hand cus i know i can i keep going and going but i aint the pink bunny instead of beatin on a drum i never stop gettting money

Posts: 369 | From: Oakland California | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
Chris C.
¯
Member # 1949

quote:
Originally posted by Tony Montana:
If you already have the bass together might as well finish it off with some infinity 6x9 three ways and some component sixes. if you want some nice vocals and good mid range they do the job they dont get distorted when u turn them up either as long as u leave the bass to the subs.

Thanks...

I was thinking going with some infinity kappas since I have those in my coupe. Always figured u cant go wrong with the infinity series...

Just wanted to see what other people are using.

also Im planning on running the speakers off the deck.

--------------------
-1990 Coupe

94 N.C.F GT
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 8722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 N.C.F GT  Ford pictures for 94 N.C.F GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Infinity speakers mids and tweets sound are pretty good [patriot]

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX:(D D) ORANGE coupe
94GT:(427) Its a BEAST on the streets but in the garage it stays ASLEEP. N/A

Posts: 1313 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
Tony Montana
¯
Member # 8288

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tony Montana  Ford pictures for Tony Montana    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah that should be fine they will last alot longer that way too i used to be car audio for best buy and would always recommend kappas once u get some subs and people would be amazed at the quality of sound just off a nice deck

--------------------
I lend my brother a hand cus i know i can i keep going and going but i aint the pink bunny instead of beatin on a drum i never stop gettting money

Posts: 369 | From: Oakland California | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
jl audio is awesome... and eclipse. Honestly, with a sony head unit, everything will sounnd the same tho... maybe a little difference. I'd get a Eclipse head unit, or a Nakamichi and start off right. even Pioneer is a little better than sony.

When i swithched from Pioneer to Eclipse, i gained like 6db's and a ton of sound quality and clarity, with no other mods to my system.

Posts: 1570 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
Chris C.
¯
Member # 1949

quote:
Originally posted by Tony Montana:
yeah that should be fine they will last alot longer that way too i used to be car audio for best buy and would always recommend kappas once u get some subs and people would be amazed at the quality of sound just off a nice deck

Thanks alot for the input guys.

I think ill just take the safe route and go with some infinity series speaker... [patriot]

--------------------
-1990 Coupe

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com