Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » What 6x9's to run

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: What 6x9's to run
89Rodknocker
CAFords OG
Member # 2951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89Rodknocker  Ford pictures for 89Rodknocker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was looking to install a set of 6x9 4 ways in the rear deck and was wondering which ones i should get. I had a set of pioneer 4ways in the rear deck of my accord and they worked great. What are some of you guys and gals using? And which ones would you stay away from. I planning on actually adding 4 in the rear package tray. With an amp.

--------------------
89 lx (stolen and stripped)
94 gt runner (sold)
89 lx Stock(sold)
86 gt T-trim (sold)
73 Camaro BBC
01 5.0 Explorer limited Borlas (sold)

89bluenotch
¯
Member # 7454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89bluenotch  Ford pictures for 89bluenotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
in my coupe i got boston pro 6x9's with cross overs and a small visonik amp running to them

--------------------
-Gunnar
89 coupe
54 f100
R.I.P. SILVERLX

Posts: 1857 | From: HEALDSBURG | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
SHOalex
¯
Member # 7720

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHOalex  Ford pictures for SHOalex    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think bang for your buck pioneer takes it, for the price they seem to work very very good

--------------------
BAM! POW! Right in the kisser.

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
daminond audio

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im running Infinity Reference series in mine with a Rockfard amp. Sounds very clean - and just to picture whore again - they have to be clean when running with:

-

[burnout]

[ July 03, 2009, 01:20 PM: Message edited by: 90gtvert ]

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89Rodknocker:
I was looking to install a set of 6x9 4 ways in the rear deck and was wondering which ones i should get. I had a set of pioneer 4ways in the rear deck of my accord and they worked great. What are some of you guys and gals using? And which ones would you stay away from. I planning on actually adding 4 in the rear package tray. With an amp.

How many speakers in the grill ? Jk

Go with mb quartz or Boston acustic !! Verry good mids and highs

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
87Mustang Gt Conv kurgan tuned
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

BlackDrop50
¯
Member # 1715

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackDrop50  Ford pictures for BlackDrop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've got rockfords but they are so powerful they need a seperate amp
Posts: 1379 | From: 510 East Bay | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
89Rodknocker
CAFords OG
Member # 2951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89Rodknocker  Ford pictures for 89Rodknocker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90gtvert:
Im running Infinity Reference series in mine with a Rockfard amp. Sounds very clean - and just to picture whore again - they have to be clean when running with:

-

[burnout]

Damn pretty clean install there.

--------------------
89 lx (stolen and stripped)
94 gt runner (sold)
89 lx Stock(sold)
86 gt T-trim (sold)
73 Camaro BBC
01 5.0 Explorer limited Borlas (sold)

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89Rodknocker:
quote:
Originally posted by 90gtvert:

-

[burnout]

Damn pretty clean install there.
[Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

dubfive-0
¯
Member # 8965

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for dubfive-0  Ford pictures for dubfive-0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
polk audio 6x9 with a matching polk amp or KICKER amp, will give you that clean and crisp sound... polk DB's, MOMO's (discontinued), or MM's [patriot]

--------------------
1966 FALCON futura (sports coupe)
1991 five-0

07silverS197
¯
Member # 8921

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 07silverS197  Ford pictures for 07silverS197    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If I were you I would go with your first choice. 4 pioneer 4-ways in the rear with a pioneer 4 channel amp would give you more than enough great sound and not break you in the process.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com