Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » a progress report on my diet/weight loss

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: a progress report on my diet/weight loss
Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well earlier in the year i made a post ( i cant find in the serach) I started out at 255-259lbs. after a lifestyle change and diet and excercise.. I am at ......(drum roll please)

214 lbs! [Whoo Whooooo!] ive gone down from a waist 46" to a 38"! Ive been working out 3 times a week at the gym (i started in late feb 09) with allot of cardio and running and light weights! right now im in between a L and XL. I feel great and have allot of energy now, its so cool when the first thing people say to you "Wow! how much weight you've lost or you allot younger!" [Big Grin] thanks for all the tips and info its helped allot! my goal is 190-200! [patriot]

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
...the chicks at the jr. high can still tell you're too old for them.

good job [Big Grin]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEMPERFI510  Ford pictures for SEMPERFI510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats [patriot]
Posts: 1766 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Awesome results! I started this same thing about a month and a half ago. I average hitting the gym 3-4 times a week and I've lost about 25lbs so far. Along with feeling better overall I've gained a ton of stamina for day to day things. People talk about dieting but its not just a diet but a solid life change in eating better food and less of it.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats man, yea it is a really good feeling. Not to mention potentially adds years onto your life.
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ya man you did look like you lost A LOT of weight last time I saw you a month ago. I was like like holy shit is dude bulimic? Next thing you know you're going to be as skinny as I am!

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
crazyhorse
¯
Member # 5662

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazyhorse  Ford pictures for crazyhorse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
congrats man, I bet you feel alot better. I was weighing 230 8 months ago and now im about to hit my goal of 180, currently 182 and struggling to get those last pounds off. Its alot of work but it pays off.

--------------------
1965 Mustang coupe

t top freak
¯
Member # 6269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t top freak  Ford pictures for t top freak  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
congrats man! keep at it, even when it slows down just keep at it.

i went from 257 - 175 a few years ago then 175 - 160 (thanks usmc!)

trying to actually gain that weight back now lol

--------------------
1994 cobra - sold!
1986 t top gt - parted out and sold!
on the hunt for another

Posts: 1023 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blind:

good job [Big Grin]

[Frown] i know,but no one wants an old fat guy vs just a old guy! [Big Grin]

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
"4-eyes forever essay!"

Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
Ya man you did look like you lost A LOT of weight last time I saw you a month ago. I was like like holy shit is dude bulimic? Next thing you know you're going to be as skinny as I am!

thanks,you dont love me..you just love my discount!
[Big Grin]

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
"4-eyes forever essay!"

Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
Awesome results! I started this same thing about a month and a half ago. I average hitting the gym 3-4 times a week and I've lost about 25lbs so far. Along with feeling better overall I've gained a ton of stamina for day to day things. People talk about dieting but its not just a diet but a solid life change in eating better food and less of it.

eating better and less of it is the key,i havent been in a fast food place since november of last year...my worst habit was eating a triple meal with nuggets from wendys and then taking a nap afterwards then waking up and having some candy! [dance]

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
"4-eyes forever essay!"

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Camaro Kid Z/28:
quote:

eating better and less of it is the key,i havent been in a fast food place since november of last year...my worst habit was eating a triple meal with nuggets from wendys and then taking a nap afterwards then waking up and having some candy! [dance]
So what are you eating now bro? i was 310 and now im at 255 but i kinda gave hope. im going to get back on it because everybody says i look alot better now, dont want to lose it.

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

quote:
Originally posted by Eddie510-:
quote:
quote:

So what are you eating now bro? i was 310 and now im at 255 but i kinda gave hope. im going to get back on it because everybody says i look alot better now, dont want to lose it.
for me it was about sacrifice! i just said i gotta do this,i lost 45 lbs jut in a diet change about 2 years ago,but it took me like 11 months with no exercise,then i met my last gf and she like all the crap food i got comfortable ant i gained it all back in one year!

1)no fast food
2)no drinking
3)no candy or sweets
carbs only in the morning(you can burn it off during the day)
4)i eat a subway sandwhich (foot long) i eat half for lunch and the other half for dinner with some sweet peas,green beans something light for dinner.
5)allot of water,no soda

i do have some pizza about twice a month,but limit it to 2 slices. pasta but not allot. thats about it, i do eat eggs in the morning but no more than 2 with some cheese in a tortilla.

they so you can treat yourself once a week,but i do every so often so i wont go insane, if you work out 2-3 times a week and stick to it (which is hard believe me) you can loose allot in a short period of time. i was a XXl,now i m just an L-XL. just keep at it and it will happen,compliments help allot especially when you put clothes on and they dont fit in a good way!

by all means dont give it some good things in life when it comes to losing weight just better portion control and knowing when to say "when" dont eat after 6-7pm and if you do just dont lay on the couch and watch telemundo til you fall asleep. stay active is very important as well!
[Big Grin]

[ June 12, 2009, 12:44 AM: Message edited by: Camaro Kid Z/28 ]

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
"4-eyes forever essay!"

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats. It feels good to have people notice. make sure don't forget how hard you have worked to take off the weight and gain it back.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by cummins:

thanks,you dont love me..you just love my discount!
[Big Grin]

hahaha seriously tho congrats on the weight loss. Any more and I'm gonna make out with you next time I walk into your store. Now that's some real love!!!

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
1990GT50
¯
Member # 2119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1990GT50  Ford pictures for 1990GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn, sounds like some of you are on top of it! Once you get into decent shape, you should think about taking up an active martial arts class such as muay thai or kickboxing. Its more fun than repetitive lifting and gives you strength and conditioning in one (not to mention better fighting technique). [dance]
Monte
¯
Member # 7536

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monte  Ford pictures for Monte    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats bro! i'm inspired by the post and i think im starting the diet and workout today. [patriot]
Posts: 606 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Mar 2007  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blind:

good job [Big Grin]

"I get older....... And the chicks stay the saaaame age"

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

MachYou
¯
Member # 7934

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MachYou  Ford pictures for MachYou    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you still fat ern... [Big Grin]

--------------------
All Bullshit Stops When the Hands Drop

Posts: 726 | From: California | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Every 100lbs is a tenth of a second, right?..lol

Awesome dedication bro....I know it's hard to eat right, especially when everyone around you seems to be eating what they want...Have you had a soda lately?..I drink about a gallon of water everyday, if not more...I'm trying to gain weight though(muscle)...I had a sip of my oldest sons Coke last night and it was like liquid sugar!...No joke!...I used to have atleast a soda every day too...

I know this sounds REALLY corny, but I remember WWF, Bret the Hit Man Hart's IcoPro commercial and wanting to be big...Anyway, he say's, "You've gotta want it, IcoPro!"....I try and remember that when I'm out of breath and sitting on a bench ready to push weight I know is too heavy...lol

Awesome gains(I mean losses)... [patriot]

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

quote:
Originally posted by 1990GT50:
Damn, sounds like some of you are on top of it! Once you get into decent shape, you should think about taking up an active martial arts class such as muay thai or kickboxing. Its more fun than repetitive lifting and gives you strength and conditioning in one (not to mention better fighting technique). [dance]

i was thinking of getting back into Tae Kwon do I used take classes when i was in jr high. I miss the days when i could the splits and break boards!
[Cool]

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
"4-eyes forever essay!"

Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

quote:
Originally posted by BlackNGold:
Every 100lbs is a tenth of a second, right?..lol

Awesome dedication bro....I know it's hard to eat right, especially when everyone around you seems to be eating what they want...Have you had a soda lately?..I drink about a gallon of water everyday, if not more...I'm trying to gain weight though(muscle)...I had a sip of my oldest sons Coke last night and it was like liquid sugar!...No joke!...I used to have at least a soda every day too...

I know this sounds REALLY corny, but I remember WWF, Bret the Hit Man Hart's IcoPro commercial and wanting to be big...Anyway, he say's, "You've gotta want it, IcoPro!"....I try and remember that when I'm out of breath and sitting on a bench ready to push weight I know is too heavy...lol

Awesome gains(I mean losses)... [patriot]

thank you, i have a soda every once in awhile since i dont like coffee i drink a can when i feel the need for caffeine, yeah its so sweet to drik. like some food you can just taste the salts and stuff!
[dance] im almost within sight of my goal,but to keep at it will be the biggest challenge imo. for weight gain I use this...

- [Big Grin]

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
"4-eyes forever essay!"

Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

quote:
Originally posted by itznotahighway:
you still fat ern... [Big Grin]

P-Pretty
H-Hot
A-And
T-Tempting

[Big Grin]

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
"4-eyes forever essay!"

Slow05GT
¯
Member # 8408

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slow05GT  Ford pictures for Slow05GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Congrats man... You probably dropped a couple tenths!! LOL...
Posts: 2233 | From: Natomas, ca | Registered: May 2008  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com