Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Grandma tasered (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Grandma tasered
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No not mine...lol.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2009/06/texas-constables-office-defends-tasering-of-grandmother.html

Man that is some BS. How you gonna taser a 72 year old woman.

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-man-swimsuit,0,3452920.story

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
No not mine...lol.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline/2009/06/texas-constables-office-defends-tasering-of-grandmother.html

thats so much bullshit think about it what was that old woman gunna do???? he felt threatened.......pssshhhhh yea right!!!!!

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
djlopez916
¯
Member # 8787

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for djlopez916  Ford pictures for djlopez916  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
No not mine...lol.

Should of maced her 1st then taser then use the baton till back up arrived

--------------------
89 GT VERT work in progress
05 v6 stang
97 Ford expedition

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the cop got pissed because she wouldnt show him her tits [Big Grin] [Razz]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

migs66/92
¯
Member # 4811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for migs66/92  Ford pictures for migs66/92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
she got what was coming to her...the hell with her old ass

--------------------
Ill keep my guns and my money, you can have the change

Blue92
¯
Member # 8789

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue92  Ford pictures for Blue92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Seemed like the cop gave her many chances to comply. Still messed up though.

[ June 10, 2009, 01:12 PM: Message edited by: 92sleeper ]

SPIDER_STANG
¯
Member # 8658

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SPIDER_STANG  Ford pictures for SPIDER_STANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wrong no matter how you look at it.

--------------------
02 GT Conv Sold
92 LX coup Sold
94 Gt Conv
Spurs, Saints, Dodgers! We win baby!!

xvt's 85 5.0
¯
Member # 4765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xvt's 85 5.0  Ford pictures for xvt's 85 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I thinks is wrong, He could have easily arrested her as you can see he pushed her away a couple of times and it looks like it didn't take much force. I think anyone with that kind of job should evaluate the situation dangerous vs non-dangerous and should have training to deal with this kind of difficult people (difficult people does not mean dangerous), and tasers should be use in self defense or with any display of violence.

--------------------
CBR 600RR
CBR 600 F4

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SPIDER_STANG:
Wrong no matter how you look at it.

You are correct. The old lady was completely wrong.

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Bigjerry916:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
No not mine...lol.

Should of maced her 1st then taser then use the baton till back up arrived

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LMAO to big916jerry's comment.

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharkattack  Ford pictures for sharkattack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im a cop and even I would say that was excessive. No reason a simple control hold would not have been sufficient. But then again if he accidently broke her arm then people would be crying foul with that. The job sucks no matter what way you look at it. Our Taser Policy does not restrict the use on elderly but says to take it into consideration. Basiclly its no different than an impact weapon and I wouldn't have hit her with a stick either. Bottom line, screw her for lying too.

--------------------
1965 Fastback

03 Cobra with some stuff

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sharkattack:
But then again if he accidently broke her arm then people would be crying foul with that. Bottom line, screw her for lying too.

two most important things [patriot]

use the tazer and defend its use by policy or wind up breaking her arm and getting sued/put in jail for excessive force blah blah blah

bitch should have listened

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
She asked to be arrested and tasered.? Whats the problem here?

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

8stang8
¯
Member # 8082

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 8stang8  Ford pictures for 8stang8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I woulda tased her old ass too. She asked for it.

--------------------
Fox body coupe: 347, TKO, 3.73s, 9.93 @ 143

04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
she was way out of line... definitely one of those older people who feel they deserve respect simply because of their age...

look, i don't care how long you've been on this planet, you show that level of arrogant disrespect to law enforcement, when YOU ARE IN THE WRONG, you get what's coming to you...

i commend that officer for actually sticking her with the ticket and not letting her off with a warning... i mean, how many accidents do we see involving the elderly drivers hurting innocent people?

Posts: 1570 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 04 S281:
she was way out of line... definitely one of those older people who feel they deserve respect simply because of their age...

look, i don't care how long you've been on this planet, you show that level of arrogant disrespect to law enforcement, when YOU ARE IN THE WRONG, you get what's coming to you...

i commend that officer for actually sticking her with the ticket and not letting her off with a warning... i mean, how many accidents do we see involving the elderly drivers hurting innocent people?

He should have used the baton to teach her some fucking respect. The guy was just doing his job and she had to be an old cunt. I know a lot of old people like that (think that bieng old has priveleges) and I have been in a car with a old family member who pulled some of that same crap but got away with it. Shit pissed me off.

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

AbominableSnoman...
¯
Member # 8290

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AbominableSnoman...  Ford pictures for AbominableSnoman...    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what woulda happened if she mashed out.. and hit kids crossing the street? or a car passing with babies in it?

when i first heard about it i felt the same n8, but after tryna think of what the guy maybe coulda prevented from happening i thought.. well okay, i woulda probably did the same.

--------------------
"I aint no crip, but i bleed blue..."

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

quote:
Originally posted by -MITCH:
what woulda happened if she mashed out.. and hit kids crossing the street? or a car passing with babies in it?

when i first heard about it i felt the same n8, but after tryna think of what the guy maybe coulda prevented from happening i thought.. well okay, i woulda probably did the same.

Just think about this as well. If she tried to get in the car again and he had to restrain her, what if during that process they tripped into oncoming traffic? I would rather tase her then have the happen.

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Vulcan neck pinch could have ended this easily.

But real talk, if the cop cannot use the appropriate force when dealing with a old lady then he should not be a cop IMO. I chatted this up with my cop homies and none of them are on his side. He gave her a simple shove and she flew like 5ft, so that tells you there he possessed the ability to subdue her with the right force.

[ June 10, 2009, 08:12 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

He gave her a simple shove and she flew like 5ft.

He gave her a shove to get both of them away from traffic, honestly she moved a couple feet at best. How many times have you seen dash cams of cars hitting others pulled off the side of the road? They could have both died. If you refuse to sign a ticket they can arrest you. She was acting like because she was old that she was above the law..... she isn't. She went on camera saying she didn't do any of the stuff she clearly did in the video, then wouldn't talk to them once the video showed proof she was lying. I don't see why its any different using a tazer in a 30, 50 or 72 year old person if they are acting that way.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

He gave her a simple shove and she flew like 5ft.

He gave her a shove to get both of them away from traffic, honestly she moved a couple feet at best. How many times have you seen dash cams of cars hitting others pulled off the side of the road? They could have both died. If you refuse to sign a ticket they can arrest you. She was acting like because she was old that she was above the law..... she isn't. She went on camera saying she didn't do any of the stuff she clearly did in the video, then wouldn't talk to them once the video showed proof she was lying. I don't see why its any different using a tazer in a 30, 50 or 72 year old person if they are acting that way.
Well as it was told to me by an officer(s), they wouldnt have used a taser on the lady because the level of threat did not warrant it. Also you have to consider an old lady's ability to withstand the charge. Had she had a pacemaker or a known heart condition this could easily have been fatal.

To me he just made a bad judgment call. He used the wrong level of force (IMO). Shit had she been a few years younger he would have billy clubbed her no doubt. His judgment is skewed IMO.

DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
Vulcan neck pinch could have ended this easily.

But real talk, if the cop cannot use the appropriate force when dealing with a old lady then he should not be a cop IMO. I chatted this up with my cop homies and none of them are on his side. He gave her a simple shove and she flew like 5ft, so that tells you there he possessed the ability to subdue her with the right force.

I chatted with all my cop homies and they said she deserved every single minute of it.

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :

Page: 1  2  3   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com