Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Diners, Drive ins and Dives in the Bay

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Diners, Drive ins and Dives in the Bay
crazyhorse
¯
Member # 5662

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazyhorse  Ford pictures for crazyhorse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I heard they were in San Rafael at some restaurant called pier 17, and yesterday were in San Jose at a famous wing place. Any fans of the show?

--------------------
1965 Mustang coupe

89bluenotch
¯
Member # 7454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89bluenotch  Ford pictures for 89bluenotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i watch it sometimes, but it usually makes me eat all the food in my house because everything looks ridiculously good.

--------------------
-Gunnar
89 coupe
54 f100
R.I.P. SILVERLX

Posts: 1857 | From: HEALDSBURG | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I liked the taco truck in San jose and the fried hamburgers [Smile]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

crazyhorse
¯
Member # 5662

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazyhorse  Ford pictures for crazyhorse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 89bluenotch:
i watch it sometimes, but it usually makes me eat all the food in my house because everything looks ridiculously good.

I feel the same way, it makes me want to grill up some burgers late at night.

--------------------
1965 Mustang coupe

5OHS5OH
¯
Member # 4665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5OHS5OH  Ford pictures for 5OHS5OH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Finally! The wife and I have been waiting for him to come to a local spot. From reading above, I guess he's already been through the bay area? What places has he been to?

--------------------
89 Convertable GT
BBK Headers, cai

Posts: 1044 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
crazyhorse
¯
Member # 5662

http://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/guys-idiners-drive-ins-and-divesi/index.html

word is theyll be somewhere in berkeley tommorow.

--------------------
1965 Mustang coupe

maeco
¯
Member # 2578

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for maeco  Ford pictures for maeco    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i remember when they did a piece on hamburgers.they went to joes cable car in sf.still havent checked it out though.but looked hella good.

--------------------
Looking for clean white mustang email me

AbominableSnoman...
¯
Member # 8290

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AbominableSnoman...  Ford pictures for AbominableSnoman...    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by crazyhorse:
http://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/guys-idiners-drive-ins-and-divesi/index.html

word is theyll be somewhere in berkeley tommorow.

I wonder if its bakesale betty in berkeley? That place is off the hook!!!

--------------------
"I aint no crip, but i bleed blue..."

NCALSVT
¯
Member # 3205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NCALSVT  Ford pictures for NCALSVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by slowback67:
I liked the taco truck in San jose and the fried hamburgers [Smile]

I went to that taco truck, and they sucked, you want real tacos hit up Oakland, I still have not found a good taco truck or taqueria in the southbay as good as the east bay, and I belive guy the host is from napa

[ June 09, 2009, 12:01 PM: Message edited by: NCALSVT ]

Tony Montana
¯
Member # 8288

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for Tony Montana  Ford pictures for Tony Montana    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+ 1 on the oakland taco trucks ive eaten mexican food all around the bay been to tons of places on the peninsula but nothing compares to a burrito at 4 in the morning after the sideshow or anytime of the day they got so much competition they have to make the food right

--------------------
I lend my brother a hand cus i know i can i keep going and going but i aint the pink bunny instead of beatin on a drum i never stop gettting money

Posts: 369 | From: Oakland California | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
Daniel50
¯
Member # 5629

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel50  Ford pictures for Daniel50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Montana:
nothing compares to a burrito at 4 in the morning after the sideshow

[Roll Eyes]

--------------------
89 2.3- Sold
91 5.0- 12.7@110 sold
94 5.0- 13.0@105 sold
97 Cobra: Sold
95 5.0- sold
95 5.0-bone stock

Posts: 1017 | From: Discovery Bay, CA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  :
Tinner
¯
Member # 2688

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tinner  Ford pictures for Tinner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
He went to Tommy's Place in SF

--------------------
04 Comp. Orange mach 1
AED built
2.3 Whipple@17#s
605rwhp
580rwtq
10.71@131mph
now with a little more power it goes 135mph+ on 18" DRs

Posts: 835 | From: santa rosa | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i remember they came to Squeeze-in here in Sacramento for an episode about burgers... mmmmmm squeeze with cheese....
Posts: 1570 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
crazyhorse
¯
Member # 5662

quote:
Originally posted by 04 S281:
i remember they came to Squeeze-in here in Sacramento for an episode about burgers... mmmmmm squeeze with cheese....

yeah i went to that place when I was in that area, too bad they are closed on Sundays. [Frown]

--------------------
1965 Mustang coupe

DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dose anybody wanna do a meet up in the bay and riseout to the worlds hottest wing stop. i seen it on man vs food in san jose they make the worlds hottest wings! lets ride out and try that son of bitch! AND HIT UP CLUBS TO! [Big Grin]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go to Tommys Joynt in the city bro!!

I love DDD

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ARE THEY HOT! I MEAN WHERE U GOT TO SING A FORM SAYIN U CHOOSE TO TRY THIS?

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by crazyhorse:
I heard they were in San Rafael at some restaurant called pier 17, and yesterday were in San Jose at a famous wing place. Any fans of the show?

is that henry's world famous hi-life you're talking about in san jose? I haven't been there but i've heard they have awesome ribs and stuff.

Also There's another place in the almaden area of san jose called Malibu Grill that's really good for BBQ/ribs/burgers. It's on camden ave between blossom hill and coleman [patriot]

[ June 10, 2009, 03:40 AM: Message edited by: NiftyWhiteFifty ]

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

Scoop
¯
Member # 8726

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scoop  Ford pictures for Scoop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel50:
quote:
nothing compares to a burrito at 4 in the morning after the sideshow

[Roll Eyes]
Ooohhh no! He said the forbidden word "SIDESHOW"! Let's not have a heart attack now [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 1121 | From: Out Chillin | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Tony Montana
¯
Member # 8288

Ford Icon 6 posted      Profile for Tony Montana  Ford pictures for Tony Montana    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
IM JUS SAYIN WHERE ELSE CAN U GET SOME STEAK CHEESE FRIES AND A BURRITO AT 4 AM SIDESHOW OR NOT PLUS ITS GOOD FOOD

--------------------
I lend my brother a hand cus i know i can i keep going and going but i aint the pink bunny instead of beatin on a drum i never stop gettting money

Posts: 369 | From: Oakland California | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
166 Merlo
FELONY
MOTORSPORTS
Member # 1549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 166 Merlo  Ford pictures for 166 Merlo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
did someone say sideshow? [Whoo Whooooo!] hahaha

The Town has a lot of goooood food but the best burrito spot is in Hayward, u see the line all the way out to the street during lunch and dinner hours. And they're hella mean/rude in there too! lol

[ June 11, 2009, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: 166 Merlot ]

--------------------
'89 - Boss Coupe
'70 - Drop Cutthang
'68 - Cougnut
'87 - 0166, Its real

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 87GTCOBRA:
dose anybody wanna do a meet up in the bay and riseout to the worlds hottest wing stop. i seen it on man vs food in san jose they make the worlds hottest wings! lets ride out and try that son of bitch! AND HIT UP CLUBS TO! [Big Grin]

I went and they have 8 levels of hot, I decided to be cautious and got their level 4, figuring it would be pretty medium.

it tasted like a sweet honey bbq glaze, not a hot wing [Frown]

Next time I go, I'm getting level 7, which is the hottest on the menu below their 911 challenge wings.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

I WANT THEM HOT! [Embarrassed] LOL SO IT CAN GIVE ME A REASON TO DRINK ALOT OF BEEER [Big Grin] AND MORE BEER [Big Grin] AND MORE BEER [Razz] [Cool]

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

Scoop
¯
Member # 8726

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scoop  Ford pictures for Scoop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
IM JUS SAYIN WHERE ELSE CAN U GET SOME STEAK CHEESE FRIES AND A BURRITO AT 4 AM SIDESHOW OR NOT PLUS ITS GOOD FOOD

Steak Cheese fries!!! [worship] [worship] I haven't had some of those in a while I need to get some
Posts: 1121 | From: Out Chillin | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com