Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » kimbo!! (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: kimbo!!
Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach916  Ford pictures for Mach916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i dont know how dana did it but kimbo is going to be on the next season of tuff... haha cant wait to see him get smashed
Posts: 1247 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Talks. That is how he did it.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
he said, only way kimbo could get into the ufc was to win tuf... and kimbo called him on his bluff... don't worry kimbo won't fight tell a few shows in.. that way the can keep the buzz of him being on the show...shit this time they don't even have to fight their way on to the show...i'm sure that was to make sure they(ufc) gets some air time on him....i hope he does good! he needs to get his ground game & cardio on full tilt boogie.. cause he has neither... the 10th season is going to be crazy.. got trash talking rampage & evans +kimbo = veiwers.. [worship] [worship]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll be sure to miss that circus.

Kimbo sucks, he needs to stay in the backyard. [Razz]

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry unworthy backyard fighters don't make it to these type of events LOL!

GO KIMBO!!! Thats what im talking about, Kimbo will now be on TV?!!!

Kevin ‘Kimbo Slice’ Ferguson has made headlines once again as he will be among 16 other Heavyweights fighters vying for a six figure UFC contract on The Ultimate Fighter season 10 which will be titled “Heavyweights” with coaches and former Light Heavyweight champions Quinton ‘Rampage’ Jackson and ‘Sugar’ Rashad Evans which of course will be on Spike.

[worship] [worship] [worship] [worship] [worship]

ahahaahaha YES WE CANN!!!

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If he makes it to the ultimate fighter show then I'll only watch because I aready always watch that show...not because Kimbo is on there.

I'll admit he'd bring in more ratings but if the shit gets more dramma ramma than fight oriented then it will lose repsectable fans that enjoy seeing what new fighters are bringing to the table.

Its cool to be about the money....everyone keeps saying money this and money that and at least he's getting his money. But to me that makes for a boring fighter that has no heart. The best fights are the ones that have heart and care equally about the fight next to their feelings on money.

Kimbo is marketing joke.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I tell you what, those guys are smart to get him involved, if for nothing else to breathe life into a sport that IMO has abysmal ratings. I hadnt watched it until he came and I dont watch it since he left. The atmosphere seems to circus like. At least Kimbo, brings in a circus like nature into a circus like atmosphere.
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
But to me that makes for a boring fighter that has no heart. The best fights are the ones that have heart and care equally about the fight next to their feelings on money.

Kimbo is marketing joke.

If you think that guy has no heart you probably never stood any 3 minute rounds. I have. It may have been years ago, but it took heart.

It takes heart, period.

Bash him all you want and maybe I will too, but to say he has no heart is incorrect.

Watch the backyard fights and know one thing, all of those dudes got heart to be standing there fighting.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I should have worded I feel he has less heart.
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Kimbo will not be a successful MMA fighter... I gaurantee someone is goona knock that nappy ass papa smurf beard of his chin..

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
He's just another example of a black man being kept down by a white man, literally a White man.

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
quote:
But to me that makes for a boring fighter that has no heart. The best fights are the ones that have heart and care equally about the fight next to their feelings on money.

Kimbo is marketing joke.

If you think that guy has no heart you probably never stood any 3 minute rounds. I have. It may have been years ago, but it took heart.

It takes heart, period.

Bash him all you want and maybe I will too, but to say he has no heart is incorrect.

Watch the backyard fights and know one thing, all of those dudes got heart to be standing there fighting.

I thin you and I are the only ones that feel this way. Fighting in any capacity is not easy. And to have a open invitation to fight anyone? That is heart IMO. And he always has the punchers chance is nothing else, against anyone. No one can deny that destructive power.

And in this case Cummins I think it is the white man and the black man coming together to do something that makes sense. Line both of their pockets.

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
He's just another example of a black man being kept down by a white man, literally a White man.

Literally!! Even his last name is "WHITE" ..!!

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

LOL you guys are YElla funny!

He's just not cut out for this 'low rating sport.' Ratings will shoot through the roof though with him in The Ultimate Fighter Season 10 Show. I admit. that.

Willing to fight anyone could be a sign of heart or a sign of, "I got nothin else to fall back on and I'll take whatever I can get my hands on."

Like said, he's a backyard brawler made known by beating backyard no names and winning. HELL yes he hits hard and I'd be scared to be in the same room as him. But I just don't see him having the IT factor.

until he makes it all the way and proves me wrong I say he just doesn't have it.

Good luck to him though, I'll be rooting for the better fighter. If he comes out and shows some good mixed martial arts then so be it.

"TRUNK HIT HARD LIKE KIMBO SLICE"

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:

Kimbo is marketing joke.

It takes heart, period.

I thin you and I are the only ones that feel this way. Fighting in any capacity is not easy. And to have a open invitation to fight anyone? That is heart IMO. And h e always has the punchers chance is nothing else, against anyone. No one can deny that destructive power.

And in this case Cummins I think it is the white man and the black man coming together to do something that makes sense. Line both of their pockets.

Usually when someone says a fighter has a punchers chance. It means they have NO chance!

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:

Kimbo is marketing joke.

It takes heart, period.

I thin you and I are the only ones that feel this way. Fighting in any capacity is not easy. And to have a open invitation to fight anyone? That is heart IMO. And h e always has the punchers chance is nothing else, against anyone. No one can deny that destructive power.

Usually when someone says a fighter has a punchers chance. It means they have NO chance!
Not at all. What that says is even in the most dire situations the person is dangerous is what that says. And personally a person you do not want to fight. Kinda like Edison Miranda, wicked power but not a very sound boxer.
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:

Kimbo is marketing joke.

It takes heart, period.

Not at all. What that says is even in the most dire situations the person is dangerous is what that says. And personally a person you do not want to fight. Kinda like Edison Miranda, wicked power but not a very sound boxer.
9 times out of 10 a solid trained fighter or boxer beats an undisciplined puncher. Key example was Andre Ward vs Edison Miranda... In a fight Anyone can have a punchers chance.

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:

Kimbo is marketing joke.

It takes heart, period.

9 times out of 10 a solid trained fighter or boxer beats an undisciplined puncher. Key example was Andre Ward vs Edison Miranda... In a fight Anyone can have a punchers chance.
Yea, that was my point. But it makes for a great intangible. Which is why you cannot count Kimbo out. That was my point. You basically supported it.
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Chuck Liddell
Nickname The Iceman
Height 6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)
Weight 205 lb (93 kg; 14.6 st)
Reach 76.5 inches
Nationality American
Born December 17, 1969 (1969-12-17) (age 39)
Fighting out of San Luis Obispo, California, US
Town of birth Santa Barbara, California, US
Team/Association The Pit
Primary fighting style Kempo, Kickboxing, Wrestling
Mixed martial arts record
Wins 21
By knockout 14
By submission 1
Losses 7
Draws 0

Kevin Ferguson
Nickname Kimbo Slice
Height 6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)
Weight 234.5 lb (106.4 kg)
Born February 8, 1974 (1974-02-08) (age 35)
Fighting out of Miami, Florida
Town of birth Nassau, Bahamas
Team/Association Team Kimbo
Primary fighting style Boxing, Street fighting[1]
Mixed martial arts record
Wins 3
By knockout 2
By submission 1
Losses 1

sooooooooo with that said they both got a punchers chance right!!!!!
old school there both washed up kimbo will look like liddell when hes done a washed up old man that tryd to hard!!!!
think about N8 played one b ball game, he looks like he looks to be in his teens but look whos stiff as hell now!!!!
wits will never beat age!

[ June 03, 2009, 11:56 AM: Message edited by: fr5.0 ]

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
89point.
¯
Member # 6078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89point.  Ford pictures for 89point.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If u never watched mma or trained mma til kimbo came around that sucks cause u have missed out on a lot and its fans like that who rock the tap out and make the sport look like shit.. U got the fat kids and wanna be thugs who come in the gym thinkin they are tuff til they actually get hit and bounce. Kimbo won't make it off the show he is a joke and has started way too late into the fight game
N8
¯
Member # 6048

huh? In basketball, I will take wit over youth more often than not. Now not sure about MMA but in boxing wits over youth I'll take that too. Look at B-Hop.

And to my defense, I was sore because I did an inordinate amount of jumping. I am more now a low post/mid range Mark Jackson style point guard...lol. Them kids made me take it backa few years. But my City League team always takes the championship, and we are full of 30 somethings so again wits over youth.

I just think the MMA is a big circus right now, so you need a Kimbo there.

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
huh? In basketball, I will take wit over youth more often than not. Now not sure about MMA but in boxing wits over youth I'll take that too. Look at B-Hop.

And to my defense, I was sore because I did an inordinate amount of jumping. I am more now a low post/mid range Mark Jackson style point guard...lol. Them kids made me take it backa few years. But my City League team always takes the championship, and we are full of 30 somethings so again wits over youth.

In boxing more often than not with all things being equal youth > and old man with wits. Bernard Hopkins is just somewaht of an exception to the rule for right now. His greatest opponent is father time right now and father time is the undisputed champion. If I was a betting man i will put my money of father time eventually beating him...

--------------------

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
quote:
quote:

Kimbo is marketing joke.

It takes heart, period.

Yea, that was my point. But it makes for a great intangible. Which is why you cannot count Kimbo out. That was my point. You basically supported it.
If you were to get in the ring with Klitschco people would say you have a punchers chance N8. What that basically means is your chances of wining are slim and none and slim just left town...

--------------------

00NIGHTMARE
¯
Member # 1010

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 00NIGHTMARE  Ford pictures for 00NIGHTMARE  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had forgotten Dana issued the challenge to him in the past. I know TUF's ratings have been down, so this was a good move for the UFC, but a bad move for Kimbo's chin. I give him a chance at beating a couple guys though, I mean they bring in guys with like 5-5 records on that show or worse sometimes.

--------------------
00 black GT w/saleen kit & rims
T-Trim 597RWHP 475RWTQ 1.79 60. 11.2 @ 131.9 on 91 tune, not me driving. Built and tuned by Nextgen.

Posts: 533 | From: Livermore again | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

In boxing more often than not with all things being equal youth > and old man with wits. Bernard Hopkins is just somewaht of an exception to the rule for right now. His greatest opponent is father time right now and father time is the undisputed champion. If I was a betting man i will put my money of father time eventually beating him...
I do understand that the analogy is relative and subjective as well. because we all know that father time wins eventually. But you have to look at it in scope of the application. Boxers tend to fizzle around 35 or so. So you have to apply that to their boxing shelf life, not actual life. Now me being 35 I would have to say I have quite a few things against me and I would not have a punchers chance against a Klitschko, I would have a snow balls chance in hell against him (But me being a cocky bastard, I think I could whoop him). To have a punchers chance you have to be known as a heavy puncher. That is not a term coined for people with light hands. Again I use Edison Miranda, and even a faded Tyson. We watch them because of that one punch explosiveness that despite losing a landslide, can end the match suddenly. Thus enters the punchers chance. We do not watch John Ruiz for that fact. Sorry I have to use boxing because I do not know MMA.

Speaking of Klitchsco David Haye just pulled out of their match!! [BS flag] I was actually looking forward to that fight.

[ June 03, 2009, 03:03 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com