Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » I'm moving... (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: I'm moving...
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yup, you read that right...I'm moving. The Air Force has deemed it vitally important that I help set up a new Command in North Dakota...

Yup, North Dakota.

Been at Travis for 15+ years...flew as a flight mechanic for more than half that time. Finally settled down, bought a house, etc..etc...and now this. It sucks. And if you think I'm bitchin', you're damn right I am. [Big Grin] I put both the Mustangs up for sale for the simple fact that I won't have alot of use for them up there and the $ would be better used for a down payment on another home or a fukkin' snowmobile.

So, write your congressman/woman and plead for me to stay. J/k. I should be here through Late September, so get those gears in before I leave! [Wink]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
510_SVT
¯
Member # 8705

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 510_SVT  Ford pictures for 510_SVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
Yup, you read that right...I'm moving. The Air Force has deemed it vitally important that I help set up a new Command in North Dakota...

Yup, North Dakota.

Been at Travis for 15+ years...flew as a flight mechanic for more than half that time. Finally settled down, bought a house, etc..etc...and now this. It sucks. And if you think I'm bitchin', you're damn right I am. [Big Grin] I put both the Mustangs up for sale for the simple fact that I won't have alot of use for them up there and the $ would be better used for a down payment on another home or a fukkin' snowmobile.

So, write your congressman/woman and plead for me to stay. J/k. I should be here through Late September, so get those gears in before I leave! [Wink]

How long have you been in the airforce? and they can just tell you to leave just like that?

--------------------
/96 Cobra/
//87' LX h.c.i//

Posts: 1306 | From: 510EastBay | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
John....you got any heads/cams/intakes on clearance just laying around in your garage [Big Grin]

Good luck to you, sir. I only met you once when I picked up the GT40 intakes for my old "SF Giants" notch, but you've definitley given me a TON of advice via PM's. Thanks [patriot]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

1994steeda
¯
Member # 6127

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1994steeda  Ford pictures for 1994steeda  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that blows(for us), will you still be on CaFords? [Frown]

good luck pal.....

1994steeda [patriot]

--------------------
I don't buy STOLEN mustang parts...

00 C5 Corvette
94 Gt stolen
94 Gt Stolen
95 GT sold
95 Gt Sold
97 Cobra sold
98 Gt sold
01 Bullitt sold

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man that sucks John, good luck to you and can we see link to the ads for your cars for sale?
Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Oh ya, the military can make you do almost anything they want. [Frown]

quote:
Originally posted by NavidR:
Man that sucks John, good luck to you and can we see link to the ads for your cars for sale?

1993 Cobra

2003 Cobra

I'll be on CAFords still...no doubt about that. [patriot]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Oh ya, the military can make you do almost anything they want. [Frown]

quote:
Originally posted by NavidR:

1993 Cobra

2003 Cobra

I'll be on CAFords still...no doubt about that. [patriot]

its a conspiracy!!...john isnt moving hes just going to buy a camaro an join a diff forum [Razz] ..lol

[ May 19, 2009, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: jaejae ]

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
03Sn8k3
¯
Member # 8170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03Sn8k3  Ford pictures for 03Sn8k3    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dam that really sucks?? John but I can tell u
that I am ready for those gears just let me know when u have time and I am their its on the 03 cobra

--------------------
NO JK

Posts: 519 | From: Bay Area,Ca | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fuckin MINOT???? Are you kidding me??

Volunteer for a remote overseas and come back to Travis when you return......fuck MINOT.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
why sell the cars ? You could own the fastest 93 in North Dakota....the only 93 in North Dakota. I could see selling the 03 but the 93 will be to hard to replace and you won't be in ND for ever. Good luck

[ May 19, 2009, 02:55 PM: Message edited by: 2stangs69-91 ]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

AbominableSnoman...
¯
Member # 8290

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AbominableSnoman...  Ford pictures for AbominableSnoman...    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
good luck and sorry bro..
never personally got to meet you, but thanks for everything else. hope you still have time to get on cafords..

ive been looking at a few other forums to help you out with the snow issue. i figure i help YOU out this time.

p.s. if you dont wanna sell your cobra, there a few mods you can do to it, to get you smashing that thing in the snow. lmk, ill give you part numbers.. [Big Grin] haha.

-
i also checked out some local craigslist ads in your future area....
 -
 -
Or you can just get one of these RARE white Mustangs, they get GREAT gas mileage in the snow!
 -
hahahahahahaha... i hope this made the whole situtation a lil funnier for you. when you come back in town we should do a JOHNB BBQ/ CRUISE/ MEET. lolz. [patriot]

--------------------
"I aint no crip, but i bleed blue..."

J24I
¯
Member # 2598

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for J24I  Ford pictures for J24I    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn sucks to see you moving John. Thanks for the work dude [burnout]

--------------------
*'87 Coupe
'89 Coupe-SOLD

Posts: 2131 | From: Bay Area(925) | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
gnatsum05
¯
Member # 3293

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gnatsum05  Ford pictures for gnatsum05    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We truly wish you & your family all the best and great success with your new venture!

--------------------
93' GT & 03' Terminator...

Posts: 80 | From: Northern Ca. | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
aww man, i better get all my parts in pretty soon [Wink] . good luck when the time comes [patriot] .
Notch1320
Man Pedal
Member # 2647

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Notch1320  Ford pictures for Notch1320    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You should keep the 93 Cobra!

There will be plenty of time to enjoy that car up there. I think you will regret it if you sell it.Beleive it or not, there are a ton of car guys in the midwest. Nothing else to do in the winter besides build hot rods. Best of luck John!

Posts: 2349 | From: Yuba City, CA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sorry to hear that, but who knows you may fall in love with the new place/job [Smile]

I'd also vote for keeping the `93.

Best of luck, John!

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
John, sad to see you go!

I will have to schedule the gear swap with you before you leave.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
we should kidnap john until they dnt need him anymore [Razz]

--------------------

2000 camaro ss cam only

NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sad to see you go John. and I third the keeping the 93 cobra. I know the winters are long up there but come summer time you're gonna want to have something to mess around in [Wink] [burnout]

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Well, whatever doesn't sell...I'll keep. I don't "need" to sell either, just looking at it from a smart single parent aspect. What's more imprortant...ensuring my son has all that he needs...or two extras parked in the driveway? That's what it boils down to.

So, with that said- both car's ads are pulled. I have 40+ interested in the 03, about half that in the 93. I have decided that if for some reason they don't pan out, I'll re-evaluate and go from there. [Smile]

And keep the requests for gear jobs comin'! [Wink]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good luck with the move and your new life in N. Dakota! [patriot]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

quote:
Originally posted by 03SVTPower:

"I'll be back"...I gotta house and shhhhhit here! Hopefully it's only two years...but thanks!

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 03SVTPower:

"I'll be back"...I gotta house and shhhhhit here! Hopefully it's only two years...but thanks!
who knows maybe theyll find beter use for you back at travis sooner than expcted

--------------------

2000 camaro ss cam only

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You still doin side jobs John?

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
You still doin side jobs John?

Does a bear shit in the woods? [Wink] of course I am!

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com