Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » new camaro and new mustang gt

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: new camaro and new mustang gt
66coupe
¯
Member # 8549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66coupe  Ford pictures for 66coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so my good friend just bought the 2nd camaro in california and the first to be under 18. its a yellow v6 automatic. he brought it over the other day, and i like it but i look at my best friends 68 rs/ss and it honestly doesnt compare like the mustang does with the early models like my 66.
the one thing i really like about it is the console gauges.
i went to the dealership and i found out that chevy is sending them the v8 only fully loaded and the total price for the v8s is 48,000. has anyone heard this? i havent heard about the v6 camaro. what are the prices for the new mustang gt?
ive done some researching and saw the camaro tests threw done a 13.0 in the 1/4 and 5.0 in the 0-60.
the mustang ran a 13.5 in the 1/4 and a 5.2 0-60.
anyone have different times?

all in all i think the mustang looks better and more comparable to the older mustang. and theyre cheaper so just slap on some parts and itll be right up there if not beating the camaro... the mustang has a HUGE aftermarket in parts. the camaro does but not as much.
thats just my 2 cents what do you all think? [patriot]

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
And why did you not take pics of your friends car for us to gawk at?
66coupe
¯
Member # 8549

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66coupe  Ford pictures for 66coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i will im just not positive how to put pics up from my phone onto the forum.. ill probly havta go onto my computer at home. but i will
JOEFOX87
¯
Member # 8331

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JOEFOX87  Ford pictures for JOEFOX87    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, you have to think about the Mustang costs less, will probably be cheaper to insure, and will have support for a while. And to think that the camaro with the 100 HP difference still only can produce a .5 second advantage is ridiculous to me.

Think also business like, GM is almost bankrupt so.....

Posts: 824 | From: Union City, California | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A loaded 2SS with leather and the RS package (20s, HID, heads up display) can be had for 36k. A lot of dealers are going to be marking them up. I'm sure they'll be able to do better than a 13.0, just need to get a good driver in there at an actual race track. But they are heavy at 3860 for the manual SS. I wouldn't get the Mustang simply cuz the motor is TOO SMALL. The weight advantage would be good though.

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

66coupe
¯
Member # 8549

ya the ford hell imrpoved the suspsion handling and the interior, while shedding 400 pounds... and ya they can be had for 36 but no dealership is selling them for that... and i dont know if the dealership is correct but they said they are only selling them fully loaded...
i dfinetly have to agree with joefox87
oh and i heard GM is supposed to be filing for bankruptcy in the next 2 weeks

66coupe
¯
Member # 8549

ya the ford hell imrpoved the suspsion handling and the interior, while shedding 400 pounds... and ya they can be had for 36 but no dealership is selling them for that... and i dont know if the dealership is correct but they said they are only selling them fully loaded...
i dfinetly have to agree with joefox87
oh and i heard GM is supposed to be filing for bankruptcy in the next 2 weeks

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
GM is soon to be government motors,if non car people make the call I would think they would only make a v6 or hybrid model [Smile] :

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Funny this thread is here

I Was at the dealership today dropping my truck off for service and an 09 Black Camaro was sitting there. At first glance I thought that it looked like shit and didnt even think it was a Camaro to be honest. First thing I saw what the backend of it and I wasnt impressed at all. The side/profile looked good then I got to the front. Again wasnt impressed at all. Inside was okay but looked like every other new gm does, nothing fancy. Sticker price was 28k and it was a 6cyl/auto.Asked if the V8's had any body differences or looked any better and was told there is suttle diferences. I dunno guess itll have to grow on me as I think almost all 07-up Chevy/GMC cars and trucks look like shit

Weird thing was though, the car had 3 polished wheels and one painted wheel and it was just dropped off yesterday. Even the service guys were scratching their heads on that one

Of the Big 3, The Challenger gets my vote HANDS DOWN!!!!!!! There was an episode of Hotrod TV where they tested the 3 and I wasnt inpressed with the stang or the camaro.

Here are a few pics

-
 -
 -
 -

[ May 14, 2009, 12:11 AM: Message edited by: HaulinAss Motorsports ]

Posts: 22472 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is it me or does the roof look low to you?
Explains why Ive only seen the vert

--------------------

66coupe
¯
Member # 8549

ya i just think the challenger is way to heavy... its the slowest out of the 3. i believe it ran a 13.8 or 13.9 with 425 horsepower. but i do think they did a great job on the body and matching it to the early model challenger. thats why its like 70 grand at the dealerships tho [Eek!]

[ May 14, 2009, 03:24 AM: Message edited by: 66coupe ]

Norcal95050
¯
Member # 2941

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Norcal95050  Ford pictures for Norcal95050    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by slowback67:

If you have ever been in a recent GM sports coupe you would know that they have Huge ass long doors and you sit way low inside.

--------------------
2000 gt - built block, kenne bell sc, t56, full Maximum Motorsport suspension.

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

quote:
Originally posted by Norcal95050:
quote:
Originally posted by slowback67:

If you have ever been in a recent GM sports coupe you would know that they have Huge ass long doors and you sit way low inside.
But as far as it looks on the outside.... It looks like a choped top IMO [Smile]

--------------------

Scoobysnack
¯
Member # 6721

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scoobysnack  Ford pictures for Scoobysnack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here's a video of Jay Leno test driving the car.
http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/video_player.shtml?vid=1100101

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Leno said that cars like the Camaro sell on "passion" but with the economy it will be hard to squeeze the bucks for a brand-new vehicle with a $15k markup.

While I can't say I like everything about this car I hope it saves GM and the millions of people that would be affected by their downfall.

MikeD.
¯
Member # 8060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MikeD.  Ford pictures for MikeD.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have this feeling the 2010 style stangs are going to be like a 72, its kinda cool, a little different, but not as wanted as the earlier models. The Cameros are cool though. I heard they wont be releasing v8's anytime soon though.

--------------------
1999 FRC Vette
12.77 @ 110

Posts: 2854 | From: Vacaville Ca, 707 | Registered: Nov 2007  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll say it again, man I love the new camaro! [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Raydub
¯
Member # 9028

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raydub  Ford pictures for Raydub    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here's the video where they compare the Challenger, the new maro and the 2010 gt.. check it out..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-uTjaQ6E7g

Posts: 13 | From: Fremont, Ca | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the reason mustang always out sells a camaro is because they are cheap. thats what most people look for. a little less power for a better price.

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

quote:
Originally posted by Raydub:
Here's the video where they compare the Challenger, the new maro and the 2010 gt.. check it out..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-uTjaQ6E7g

Love how they compare an rt ( not srt8 ) to the SS and a reg. GT..... They did everything they could to stack the deck for the SS. Forget price compare a gt500, srt8 and SS and see what comes out on top.(just my .02)

--------------------

66coupe
¯
Member # 8549

ya and they are producing the v8 now

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com