Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Al Davis Strikes Again!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Al Davis Strikes Again!
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Heyward Bey at #7. I think I rather drive a Prius than to have witness this.
mustang928
¯
Member # 2123

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustang928  Ford pictures for mustang928    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Non of these guys are a sure thing...
Posts: 333 | From: CALIFORNIA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
93ReefBlue5.0
¯
Member # 5780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ReefBlue5.0  Ford pictures for 93ReefBlue5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+1.... crabtree was still available and now the 49ers have him! [Mad]
Posts: 1535 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93ReefBlue5.0:
+1.... crabtree was still available and now the 49ers have him! [Mad]

[Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

89TRUNK
¯
Member # 2506

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89TRUNK  Ford pictures for 89TRUNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A fast WR was a need and they filed it. They have a possesion receiver in Walker and Miller. He was picked early but was a definit need.
AbominableSnoman...
¯
Member # 8290

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AbominableSnoman...  Ford pictures for AbominableSnoman...    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I was pissed as f*ck too!!!! But let's just think positive, can u say larry fitzgerald? On a side note I can't stand al davis, I wish john madden would step in his place!

--------------------
"I aint no crip, but i bleed blue..."

NoS 66
¯
Member # 8247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NoS 66  Ford pictures for NoS 66  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shmayleen:
I was pissed as f*ck too!!!! But let's just think positive, can u say larry fitzgerald? On a side note I can't stand al davis, I wish john madden would step in his place!

You can say larry fitzgerald for crabtree, larry was known as a slow reciever coming out of college, he ran 4.5
hawaii5.0
¯
Member # 4675

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hawaii5.0  Ford pictures for hawaii5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
40 times don't mean anything...it just gives you a baseline of how fast a person can be...the diff between running a 4.3 and 4.5 is tenths fo a second....deangelo hall ran a 4.18 when left college and all you raider fans saw how he got abused last year by the rookie WR on the broncos...anyone can run fast in a straight line but how fast can that person run coming out of a back pedal or breaking off a route...being a good WR has nothing to do with how fast you are...it's about route running and getting open...remember, jerry rice was considered slow coming out of college as well

--------------------
91LX (sold)
93 cobra #3279

Posts: 757 | From: here and there | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
89TRUNK
¯
Member # 2506

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89TRUNK  Ford pictures for 89TRUNK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can't really stretch the field with a slow receiver. Raiders have Javon and Miller as possesion receivers. Crabtree wasn't what they were looking for in a receiver. I think DHB would have been there 10 slots later but when your leading receiver has 22 catches you need to make a move. Singletary isn't going to put up with Crabtrees attitude so i think its a great pick for SF. There's a huge difference between 4.3 and 4.5 speed, could be 6 points
86- 50
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 4723

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86- 50  Ford pictures for 86- 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Larry fitzgerald had 4.5 speed and it don't look like he has a problem getting 6 points. And in case you not reading the post JERRY RICE the man who has the most touchdowns in history had 4.5 speed [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
My baby:88gt 347 stroker

RIP MATT, Gone but never forgotten

TEAM PLATINUM

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 86- 50:
Larry fitzgerald had 4.5 speed and it don't look like he has a problem getting 6 points. And in case you not reading the post JERRY RICE the man who has the most touchdowns in history had 4.5 speed [Roll Eyes]

Exactly, Rice was not a speed receiver...he was a possession receiver and ran the most perfect routes.

Also Crabtree to the niners....hell ya!

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

Insurance Guy
¯
Member # 8241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insurance Guy  Ford pictures for Insurance Guy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
see to me the raiders pick isnt that bad. if they wanted that guy then get him. a lot of other teams passed on crabtree (which makes me happy cuz i am glad to see the niners got him).

my only prob with the raiders move is that they could have traded down in the draft and picked up bey in the late first or even early 2nd. but now they have to pay the guy 7 overall pick money. they are over paying and wasting valuable cap space.

the coaching and the players and not the issue in oakland its the managment and owner.

--------------------
01 GT Drop Top (R.I.P.)
02 GT Drop Top (Sold)
17 5.0 GT Coupe

Posts: 597 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Being a 49ers fan I love when the raiders go and do something dumb like this.
[dance]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

89TRUNK
¯
Member # 2506

Can't really grade this draft till a couple years. I guess we'll have to see the stats at the end of the year to get an idea of what each team received

[ April 27, 2009, 03:30 PM: Message edited by: 89TRUNK ]

89FoxLX
¯
Member # 7197

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89FoxLX  Ford pictures for 89FoxLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Rice had a QB to pass to him. Whos gonna throw to Crabtree...I won't mention any names or get on the subject of that dumb move on the 49ers part.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com