Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » You know the states MEGA broken when:

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: You know the states MEGA broken when:
Modularmotorsport
¯
Member # 7462

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Modularmotorsport  Ford pictures for Modularmotorsport    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So i lent my car out to a buddy to drive for a morning.....

A few minutes later he calls me and asks " Hey are these tires you have street legal?"

I ask why??....Well turns out he was pulled over by the CHP in Petaluma and they him grief about the tires..but they let him go.

They are DOT legal Nitto NT01 road race tires with about 3000 miles..Yes they are r compounds and come halfway shaved from Nitto..but they are DOT tires

Sooo yesterday i got a $160 ticket in the mail for my tires...I'm gonna fight this one.

The State must be MEGA broke to be doin this to people...I've heard about a few of these problems with smog tickets etc etc...alot of them lately

[ April 21, 2009, 06:17 PM: Message edited by: Modularmotorsport ]

--------------------
06 Mustang GT
basic mods

sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharkattack  Ford pictures for sharkattack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What was the tread depth?

--------------------
1965 Fastback

03 Cobra with some stuff

Modularmotorsport
¯
Member # 7462

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Modularmotorsport  Ford pictures for Modularmotorsport    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by sharkattack:
What was the tread depth?

These tires don't have much tread depth, they only comes 2/32's of thread new..

Like many new r compounds,..what they have is a divet(small inset size of a pencil head)thats on the tires that indicates wear, the divet is about 4/32's deep...when the divet is worn out the tires are worn

[ April 21, 2009, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: Modularmotorsport ]

--------------------
06 Mustang GT
basic mods

KeithStang7
¯
Member # 1945

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KeithStang7  Ford pictures for KeithStang7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Even though the ticket is basic harassment, they'll still milk a court fee out of you even if you beat it. Did your ticket say anything about unsafe tread depth? What a bunch of dicks! I can understand down right breaking the law but, nit picking society for every little thing is just plain stupid. Why don't they write tickets for the handjobs that got us in this mess?!!! Good Luck [burnout] [patriot]

--------------------
We the unwilling
Do the impossible
For the ungrateful

Posts: 393 | From: Redding, Ca | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Diamond Dave
¯
Member # 5023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diamond Dave  Ford pictures for Diamond Dave  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by KeithStang7:
Even though the ticket is basic harassment, they'll still milk a court fee out of you even if you beat it.

Even though the state would NEVER do it, if they dismiss the ticket but still try to tack on court fees, I think the officer who cited you should be forced to pay them. After all, he's the reason there was a case to begin with.

It'll be a cold day in hell before that ever happens though

--------------------
1993 Taurus SHO MTX Red/Grey
-Stock hotness DD

Posts: 475 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LMAO...this is so pathetic man!!! You know they can keep illegal Mexicans out if they would have just finished building the wall all the way accross instead of just halfway; hell we put a man on the moon. That's just proof right there they want them here. Now there firing teachers left and right who don't make any money anyways. Why are they taking money from all the wrong places? Makes you wonder huh. [Mad]

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com