Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Used Car Auctions? Anyone know of any that doesnt require dealer license?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Used Car Auctions? Anyone know of any that doesnt require dealer license?
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone know of any that doesn't require dealer licence?

I know Copart has reseller options but anything in person?

Im going to ffsons.com, also going to mttn view police auction but cars are very limited.

Anywhere else besides Tracy & Sacramento...

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
six 5.0
¯
Member # 3153

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for six 5.0  Ford pictures for six 5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a lic. Ill take u to the
Auctions. Pm me.

--------------------
IwishIwasan03COBRA!

Posts: 4425 | From: SAN MATEO | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
FoX GT
¯
Member # 4587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoX GT  Ford pictures for FoX GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There's one in the quaint little town of Orland second Sunday of the month:

www.orlandpublicautoauction.com

It's in person.

--------------------
- AED -
03 Cobra 10th anni 3.4 Whipple 9.47@141
2012 Mustang GT 10.98@125
2015 Mustang GT

Bring what you got and hope its enough!

stanger50
20yr club
Member # 1665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger50  Ford pictures for stanger50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
how rare is it to find a 03/04 cobra at these actions? might have to go spectate soon.

--------------------
1998 Cobra SVT convertible
Bright Atlantic Blue (1 of 247)

20 year club.

SAMACH1
¯
Member # 7042

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAMACH1  Ford pictures for SAMACH1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by six 5.0:
I have a lic. Ill take u to the
Auctions. Pm me.

You guys should go to baycities in hayward, used to sneak in there all the time, got to drive some bad ass S600s and turbo porsches and hella other cars lol, that is until they upped security a bit( we had no dealers license)

--------------------
- STREET ACTIONS CC -
Advanced Auto Built
Bob Kurgan Tuned

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stanger50:
how rare is it to find a 03/04 cobra at these actions? might have to go spectate soon.

Same here - I hear right now they got some good deals due to the economy being bad.

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
stanger50
20yr club
Member # 1665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger50  Ford pictures for stanger50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
need to do some research on how this aution thing works.

cash only?
how good of a deal do you really get?
smog?
warrenty?

--------------------
1998 Cobra SVT convertible
Bright Atlantic Blue (1 of 247)

20 year club.

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
AUCTIONS ARE FUN!!!
First, Brashers auto auction has a public day sometimes in sacramento I think 916-991-5555. There is a public auction in between galt and lodi (will get the name and number on my way to work tomorrow).

Second, your not going to find an 03/04 cobra at the public auction (saleens, etc) they are rare and even the dealers don't see them that much. Since they are so rare, if one comes through some dealers will buy it no matter what (like ME [Big Grin] )

Third, To purchase from auction you need either cash or have a dealer pick your car up for you and then finance it (public auctions might have a pre-financig options not sure)

Finally, buying from auctions are kind of risky but you can always pay $100.00 and have the auction check your vehicle for engine, tranny and frame after you have purchased it. Unless they announce like bad tranny then if you buy it and the tranny is bad the auction will reject it or fix it.

Either way if your going to public auction or going with a dealer to a regular auction make sure you go with someone that knows what they are doing and always go before the auction starts so you can inspect and test drive your vehicle.

GOOD LUCK!

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ffsons.com there in south San fransisco. There had 03 cobras o7 saleens n new vetes

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
87Mustang Gt Conv kurgan tuned
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I transport for brashers. They have GSA Public auctions every so often. Check there website it is updated weekly. You are only gona find regular type vehicals there nothing special. At Brashers I will see about 2 cobra/saleens every auction latly. But they are rare and sometimes go for more then you could buy them on a board like Cafords.

Fualknor has nicer cars alot of the times. If you go there look for cars sold by california auto sales. I know the guys that own CA a/s and they usually only buy and sell good condition cars.

Auctions do have buyer protection plans, I know brashers starts at 80 bucks. They do a simple look over and also gives you 3,5, or 7 days to bring it back if needed.

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com