Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Any backpackers out there?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Any backpackers out there?
1990GT50
¯
Member # 2119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1990GT50  Ford pictures for 1990GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well with sporing approaching or here depending on the elevation... I have been thinking about where to go backpacking this season. Im trying to go somewhere new but it has to be way cool. So far I have been down to the south fork of the merced river. This was a 4x4 in but ended at a sick piil to swim in and a nice little 10ft rock to jump off. I have also been to the Kings river and backpacked in. The river was real cool but poor fishing (it was supposed to be great) and it was a hell march in and out so I would prefer not to do something like that again. Post your favorite spots and what they have to offer, the conditions. Post pics if possible.
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've done a couple of backpacking trips. One was a semi-successful section hike on the Appalachian Trail. Here's the like to that hike. http://www.wilit.com/AT.html

Last year a couple of buddies and I hiked in the Sierras off of HWY 108. That was pretty fun. We're planning on going back to the same area this summer, but we'll be heading to Spicer Reservoir this time to do some fishing. Here's the link to last years hike. http://www.wilit.com/Carson.html

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
sinisterblk
¯
Member # 8425

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sinisterblk  Ford pictures for sinisterblk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
spicer is a sweet spot to backpack and fish, although i recommend the two smallers reseviors just before spicers union or utica less people little more in the woods.

There are a tone of good back packing trails up highway 4 past bear valley ski resort and great camping places. if you decide to head up that way the ranger staion is arnold gives maps a good information. i usually tak a trip or two into hermit valley ( otherside of 4 pass) every year with some buddies.

Posts: 549 | From: angels camp | Registered: May 2008  |  :
mustangdude24
¯
Member # 6581

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustangdude24  Ford pictures for mustangdude24    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Tuolumne Meadows in Yosemite was my favorite, hands down. I've also backpacked at Point Reyes, Angel Island, Sunol-Lake Del Valle, and Round Lake up near Kirkwood. That's all I remember right now.
1990GT50
¯
Member # 2119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1990GT50  Ford pictures for 1990GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anyone ever been to the dinkey lakes area?

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com