Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » lowering my car

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: lowering my car
Raydub
¯
Member # 9028

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raydub  Ford pictures for Raydub    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm looking to lower my car and I'm trying to see if anyone on here knows anyone or of a shop that drops cars for a good price I mean i aint trying to pay hell money.. if anyone knows someone or a shop that does a good job and that hooks it up on a price can you guys hit me up or pm me.. thanks
Posts: 13 | From: Fremont, Ca | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for solbrothers  Ford pictures for solbrothers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
cmon dude, do it yourself!!!
Raydub
¯
Member # 9028

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raydub  Ford pictures for Raydub    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol I dont know how man or else I would.. I mean I want to, to save myself the cash and shit but I dont wanna mess up my shit you know.. i havent really done shit to my stang man cuz im all afraid im messing some shit up hahah the only thing ive done is put in a cold air intake thats it.. If i knew I would.
solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for solbrothers  Ford pictures for solbrothers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Raydub:
lol I dont know how man or else I would.. I mean I want to, to save myself the cash and shit but I dont wanna mess up my shit you know.. i havent really done shit to my stang man cuz im all afraid im messing some shit up hahah the only thing ive done is put in a cold air intake thats it.. If i knew I would.

what do you want done? lowering springs?

dude, a long ass time ago i asked a shop, and they quoted me $600 in labor to install coilovers on my honda. basically a 30 minute job.

Raydub
¯
Member # 9028

yeah thats true.. but i mean im not gonna put my hands in it if im not sure what im doing you know.
Nastysvt
¯
Member # 6431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nastysvt  Ford pictures for Nastysvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
PM SENT..

--------------------
Built 98 Cobra
Built C6 Z06
Daily TBSS

Posts: 2575 | From: Valley to the Bay | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What year is your stang? I was in the same boat about 2 months ago. I just went for and it turned out perfect. You would be surprised how easy it is and all you need is basic tools floor jack and jackstands.

--------------------
91 Coupe full M/M suspension
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

Raydub
¯
Member # 9028

Its an 01 gt conv.. im not trying to spend hella money.. i still havent bought the lowering springs or coilovers, i dont know which ones are good.. i want like two inch drop in the front and 1.75 inch in the back.. my stang is vert and its pretty high.. heres a pic..

http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f53/sadisticgeronimo/?action=view¤t=mystang.jpg

sinisterblk
¯
Member # 8425

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sinisterblk  Ford pictures for sinisterblk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
most manufactures of springs supply good enough directions to get even first time modifiers through the process, and installing spring is a great project to get you feet wet with mods. minimial tools and time and lots of satisfaction, and anytime you got a hiccup you got this great forum to ask questions,
Posts: 549 | From: angels camp | Registered: May 2008  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm sure there are plenty of guys on this site that would do it for you for $125-150

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
03gtPONY
¯
Member # 5337

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03gtPONY  Ford pictures for 03gtPONY  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You could just buy springs and find one of the members on here to help you out. But in any hobby you gotta pay to play. Being that said, get shocks, springs, control arms, subframe connectors, change all your bushings just to start [Big Grin] Dont do it half assed. Do it right the first time so you dont do it twice

--------------------
*Sleeper GT* nuff said

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
make a bunch of buddies on this site come over for a bbq, then have a tutorial session on how to install springs. if you dont have buddies on here maybe its time to make some.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
make a bunch of buddies on this site come over for a bbq, then have a tutorial session on how to install springs. if you dont have buddies on here maybe its time to make some.

basically
Fast_Bitch
¯
Member # 2316

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fast_Bitch  Ford pictures for Fast_Bitch  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Raydub:

All you have to do is ask . .. whats the worst someone would say , No ? I bet someone is goin to jump in and make you get your hands dirty

--------------------
www.GirlsFmx.com

Think you can keep up ?

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah if u lived near daly city i could help u. im sure there are closer folks here that could help cuz afterall ppl on cafords go the extra mile to help each other. [Wink]

really all u need as mentioned below are some simple hand tools like assorted sockets/ratchets, jack/stands and prybars.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

SLPR93
¯
Member # 8769

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLPR93  Ford pictures for SLPR93  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im in modesto i can install them for u i have some springs i removed from a foxbody idk if ther the same ther eibach  -
InkedWhiteboy
¯
Member # 8724

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for InkedWhiteboy  Ford pictures for InkedWhiteboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLPR93:
im in modesto i can install them for u i have some springs i removed from a foxbody idk if ther the same ther eibach  -

nah the fox body fronts and an 01 fronts will work but them rears with a vert will bounce like a MF'R and sag bad to heavy. but if you wanna split the set the fronts will work..
Posts: 160 | From: MTZ Concord | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com