Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Tracy Girl Murder Found?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Tracy Girl Murder Found?
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090412/ap_on_re_us/girl_in_suitcase
TRACY, Calif. – Police said Saturday they do not know what motivated the Sunday school teacher they arrested on suspicion of kidnapping and killing an 8-year-old girl whose body was found in a suitcase dumped in an irrigation pond.

Melissa Huckaby, 28, a local minister's granddaughter, was arrested late Friday about five hours after she drove herself to the local police station at the request of officers, said police Sgt. Tony Sheneman. She was being held without bail in connection with the death of Sandra Cantu, the San Joaquin County sheriff's office said.

Sandra disappeared on March 27 and hundreds of volunteers and law enforcement officials turned out to search for her. On April 6, farmworkers draining an irrigation pond found the suitcase.

Huckaby walked into the police station Friday and started a conversation with officers, Sheneman said at a news conference.

"She was calm, cool and collected, then she became very emotional .... She went back and forth from being calm to emotional."

Eventually, she became "resigned," Sheneman said.

"I couldn't begin to even theorize what her motive was," he said.

"Sandra was very close friends with Melissa's daughter. They used to play together," Sheneman said.

Investigators know where the girl was killed but can't disclose the location, he said. Autopsy results are not yet available. He wouldn't say whether police believe the slaying was accidental or deliberate.

Sheneman had earlier told The Associated Press that interviews with Huckaby in The Tracy Press had revealed inconsistencies that prompted further inquiries from investigators.

He had confirmed early Saturday that the suitcase in which the body was found belonged to Huckaby.

Huckaby is on suicide watch in an observation cell, said sheriff's Deputy Les Garcia. She is refusing to see visitors, he said. Jail records did not indicate whether she had an attorney.

Sandra's aunt, Angie Chavez, said the girl's mother, Maria Chavez, was devastated.

"It's not over. This is just the beginning of a horrible nightmare," Angie Chavez said of the arrest as she stood at the entrance to the mobile home park where Sandra lived with her mother.

Angie Chavez' husband, Joe Chavez, said Huckaby should face the death penalty.

"You eye everybody with a great deal of suspicion. We're shell-shocked here," Joe Chavez said. "Who can you trust at this point? Who do you know?"

Susan Levy of nearby Modesto, mother of slain Washington intern Chandra Levy, appeared arm-in-arm with Angie and Joe Chavez as they spoke with reporters.

Levy said she was there to support the family as they, too, dealt with the tragic loss of a child. Authorities recently issued an arrest warrant in the 2001 Levy killing.

Sheneman said investigators hadn't expected that the suspect would turn out to be a woman.

"It's unusual for it to be a woman statistically and according to the FBI," he said at the news conference.

Discovering it was a woman and a member of the tight knit Tracy community who knew the family was "a double blow," he said.

"Today's going to be a very difficult day for everyone to digest that," Sheneman said. "This was an anomaly in the murder of a child."

Sheneman said no other arrests in the case are anticipated.

Neighbor Barbara Sokoloski, whose home is behind Sandra's, described Sandra on Saturday as "a friendly sweet little girl who always went around trying to find somebody to play with."

"It's too bad that kids these days can't go out and play like we did when I was a little girl," said Sokoloski, 69.

Huckaby had told The Tracy Press that Sandra visited her home on the day of her disappearance to play with her 5-year-old daughter. But Huckaby said she'd turned Sandra away because her daughter needed to pick up her toys and Sandra went to another friend's home. Huckaby also said she had left her suitcase in the driveway that day, and that it was missing.

The Tracy Press said Huckaby was released Thursday from Sutter Tracy Community Hospital, where she spent several days in intensive care for what she described as "internal bleeding."

Huckaby is a granddaughter of Pastor Clifford Lawless, whose Clover Road Baptist Church was searched by police. Huckaby taught Sunday school at the church and lived with Lawless in the Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park that also was Sandra's home.

Lawless did not immediately respond to a call seeking comment Saturday.

Huckaby was scheduled to appear in court on April 17 to check in with a county mental health program as part of a three-year probation sentence for a petty theft she pleaded no contest to. She told the newspaper on Friday that someone else by the same name was facing charges for the attempted theft in November from a Target store.

California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation spokeswoman Terry Thornton said Huckaby has no state prison record.

Huckaby worked as a checker at a Food for Less grocery store in a strip mall just east of the mobile park for nearly four years, until she was fired sometime in 2004, said Matt Duncan, an assistant manager at the store now known as FoodMaxx.

"I wouldn't have anything bad to say about her, until now," he said. "I would've never suspected her to do something like this."

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

94 N.C.F GT
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 8722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 N.C.F GT  Ford pictures for 94 N.C.F GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
HANG AND FRY THAT BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX:(D D) ORANGE coupe
94GT:(427) Its a BEAST on the streets but in the garage it stays ASLEEP. N/A

Posts: 1313 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I kinda joked to my wife about this the other day. I told my wife they should check the pastor first. Low and behold I was light weight right.

She should get no mercy. And actually I would let her hang herself. There is no place inheaven for those that take their own life.

Actually better, bring back public stoning.

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+1 for stoning her [Mad]

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
I kinda joked to my wife about this the other day. I told my wife they should check the pastor first. Low and behold I was light weight right.

She should get no mercy. And actually I would let her hang herself. There is no place inheaven for those that take their own life.

Actually better, bring back public stoning.

Fuck public stoning, bring back the hot oil boiling and let the family dip her in slowly. Fucking CUNT >.<

Man that makes me sooooo mad.

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Electric chair. Let that fucking cunt fry for a few hours.

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
Fast92lxcoupe
¯
Member # 8221

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fast92lxcoupe  Ford pictures for Fast92lxcoupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
HAHAHA. Just thinking about seeing someone get publicly stoned makes me laugh.

--------------------
93 LX Hatch W/Black Int 5 Speed(R.I.P)
92 LX Coupe W/Black Int 5 Speed (sold)
88 LX Hatch 40K miles
68 Chevelle LS1
98 S10 Bagged FBSS

SnakeBit
¯
Member # 8871

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SnakeBit  Ford pictures for SnakeBit    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fuck that get Mid evil on that bitch. Quater that bitch. Get 4 Mustangs w/ atleast 400 hp. tie off to each of her limbs and let er rip [burnout] Any body that harms a kid should get no mercy and be made a example of for the rest of the sickos. Sick sick people. Those of you that have kids, be thankful that it wasnt one of ours. I would loose my mind!

--------------------
91 Coupe full M/M suspension
Maier WideBody
331 356 RWHP 357 RWTQ
Tuned by TPS MotorSports

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sick....so so sick. That poor little girl and what fear she must have experienced. How alone she must have felt.

There will never be a punishment worthly. For that bitch to die is to get away with murder. Please keep her alive as CLEARLY this is hell on earth. To put her to death would only give her an out. I can't begin to think about how I'd feel.

98 GT
¯
Member # 7944

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 GT  Ford pictures for 98 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that shit makes me so mad...they really need to do something bad to her to set an example..i hate when people kill kids.
NightmareB4Xmas_68
¯
Member # 6371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NightmareB4Xmas_68  Ford pictures for NightmareB4Xmas_68    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by DLo:
Electric chair. Let that fucking cunt fry for a few hours.

+100000!!! I Swear on my life wen i read the other post about this case and the topic starter asked who u think done it, the first thing popped n my head was it was some1 in the trailer park. [Mad] [Mad] hope they do fry her reeeeaaal slow so she can feel it sick bitch. but my gut is tellin me its either another suspect or she's taken the wrap for somebody this aint sittin right

--------------------
One day it'll get finished

Posts: 827 | From: OAKLAND,CA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They are talking about dropping more charges on her like sexual assault. Man it is really weird, that a woman and a mother did this. Her being the mother of a daughter just adds a new level of sick and twisted to this.
SLPR93
¯
Member # 8769

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLPR93  Ford pictures for SLPR93  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
+1 for stoning her [Mad]

x2
LuvMyStang
¯
Member # 8987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LuvMyStang  Ford pictures for LuvMyStang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
Sick....so so sick. That poor little girl and what fear she must have experienced. How alone she must have felt.

There will never be a punishment worthly. For that bitch to die is to get away with murder. Please keep her alive as CLEARLY this is hell on earth. To put her to death would only give her an out. I can't begin to think about how I'd feel.

Keeping her alive would probably be worse than any punishment imagineable. Being stuck in prison the rest of her life would be pretty bad. There are bad people in Prison, who would probably torture her if they found out why she was in there.
However I think a public stoning would make everyone feel better. Just not to the death.
That way she could suffer for the next 40+ years. Killing her just gives her an out like this guy said.

--------------------
1995 Mustang GT 5.Woah

Posts: 29 | From: Sacramento, California | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
LuvMyStang
¯
Member # 8987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LuvMyStang  Ford pictures for LuvMyStang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLPR93:
quote:
+1 for stoning her [Mad]

x2
+3

--------------------
1995 Mustang GT 5.Woah

Posts: 29 | From: Sacramento, California | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by LuvMyStang:
quote:
Originally posted by SLPR93:
quote:
+1 for stoning her [Mad]

x2
+3
x4

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
87Mustang Gt Conv kurgan tuned
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fuck all that shit that gives her death, even stoning her would be easy out.. That bitch will die in 5-10 minutes after being stoned..

No f*k that.

Let that piece of shit get thrown in jail with 30+ life sentences, ONE MEAL A DAY, NO SUNLIGHT, 24hours a day, in a 3x5 cell.

Let her think about what she has done every single SECOND of her life.

Electric Chair, Stoning, anything that equals to her death is WAYY TO EASY for her.

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AL STOCK:
Electric Chair, Stoning, anything that equals to her death is WAYY TO EASY for her.

I never said kill her. Let her suffer continuously. Waterboard her too and put it on national television.

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com