Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Masterbating and driving..

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Masterbating and driving..
whitelx91
¯
Member # 8317

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for whitelx91  Ford pictures for whitelx91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jan. 27, 2009 -- Frequent masturbation in young men is linked to higher risk of early prostate cancer, but it lowers prostate cancer risk for men in their 50s, a study shows.

High levels of male sex hormones, or androgens, may increase a man's risk of prostate cancer. But different studies of this question, done in different ways, have reached different conclusions.

To look at the question in a new way, a team of researchers at England's University of Nottingham looked at whether men with more intense sex drives were at higher risk of prostate cancer.

Polyxeni Dimitropoulou, PhD; Rosalind Eeles, PhD, FRCP; and Kenneth R. Muir, PhD, obtained detailed sexual histories from 840 men. About half the men got prostate cancer by age 60, and about half did not have cancer.

The findings were surprising. Sexual intercourse did not affect prostate cancer risk. But frequent masturbation did -- in different ways, at different times of life.

"Frequent masturbation during men's 20s and 30s increased their risk of prostate cancer," Dimitropoulou tells WebMD. "But men in their 50s who masturbated frequently had decreased risk."

Of course, masturbation frequency is relative.

For men in their 20s, "frequent masturbation" was two to seven times per week. Compared to same-age men who reported masturbating less than once per month, 20-something frequent masturbators had a 79% higher risk of prostate cancer by age 60.

For men in their 50s, "frequent masturbation" was one or more times per week. Compared to same-age men who reported never masturbating, 50-something frequent masturbators had a 70% lower risk of prostate cancer.

What's going on? The study wasn't designed to answer that question. But Dimitropoulou and colleagues have some theories.

They suggest that young men genetically predisposed to have hormone-sensitive prostate cancer will be at higher risk if their bodies naturally produce high levels of male hormones -- the same hormones that give them an intense sex drive.

So it's not masturbation itself that's increasing prostate cancer risk in young men. More masturbation may just mean more sex drive -- and more androgens bathing prostate tissues.

That's not the case for older men. Dimitropoulou suggests that in older men, masturbation itself may actually be helpful, ridding the prostate gland of fluids that may contain cancer-causing substances.

"In mature age, it may be more important that toxins get flushed out of the system," she says. "And because the masturbation frequency was not as high in the men's 50s as it was in their 20s, even low levels of masturbation in the 50s has a protective effect."

These are just theories, Dimitropoulou warns. More research is needed to determine the exact role of sex hormones and sexual activity in prostate-cancer risk at different stages of life.

Meanwhile, Dimitropoulou, now at England's University of Cambridge, advises moderation for both younger and older men.

"It is kind of logical that a moderate level of masturbatory activity has to be maintained," she says. "Not too much, and not none at all."

Dimitropoulou and colleagues report their findings in the January issue of BJU International.

--------------------
SuistangS

Posts: 380 | From: Sacramento Ca. | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fuck I'm getting cancer [BS flag]

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

LuvMyStang
¯
Member # 8987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LuvMyStang  Ford pictures for LuvMyStang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So the moral of the story is, don't dissapoint your penis, because in time it'll fire back at you with cancer.

Good luck to the men out there who are daily masturbaters. (including me)

--------------------
1995 Mustang GT 5.Woah

Posts: 29 | From: Sacramento, California | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90gtvert:

i laughed my ass off my chair when i read what you wrote lol. Hey ill be gettin cancer too [Razz]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

Daniel50
¯
Member # 5629

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel50  Ford pictures for Daniel50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
7 times a week is frequent? i probably got cancer already

--------------------
89 2.3- Sold
91 5.0- 12.7@110 sold
94 5.0- 13.0@105 sold
97 Cobra: Sold
95 5.0- sold
95 5.0-bone stock

Posts: 1017 | From: Discovery Bay, CA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  :
87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
this better be an April fools joke [Eek!]

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
87Mustang Gt Conv kurgan tuned
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

SAMACH1
¯
Member # 7042

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAMACH1  Ford pictures for SAMACH1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 87droptop50:
this better be an April fools joke [Eek!]

LMAO TELL MY WHY I WAS GONNA REPLY THE SAME THING, but damn thats fucked up as i kid i thought it prevented prostate cancer NOW IT SAYS THAT IT CAUSES IT???? o-well the worlds ending in 2012 hahaha keep on pullinnnnnnnnnn [Eek!]

--------------------
- STREET ACTIONS CC -
Advanced Auto Built
Bob Kurgan Tuned

its50
¯
Member # 4069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for its50  Ford pictures for its50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what if if your chick pulls a jack move on you vs you jackin your self..lmao i also thought that it prevented it as well.guess who will be in the hospital when they will be 60????? [Whoo Whooooo!]
Posts: 940 | From: 510..fremont.. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im gonna die tomorrow then! [Frown] hopefully after i finish! [Big Grin]

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

Pittsburg Mustang Owner
¯
Member # 6100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pittsburg Mustang Owner  Ford pictures for Pittsburg Mustang Owner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Guys,

Posting from Heaven. Totally worth it. Smells like cotton candy up here.

Have fun!

Posts: 1019 | From: Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
AbominableSnoman...
¯
Member # 8290

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AbominableSnoman...  Ford pictures for AbominableSnoman...    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburg Mustang Owner:
Hey Guys,

Have fun!

hahaha.. lmao

--------------------
"I aint no crip, but i bleed blue..."

AbominableSnoman...
¯
Member # 8290

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AbominableSnoman...  Ford pictures for AbominableSnoman...    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
on a serious note, i work at kaiser, and one of the departments im floated to is the urology dept. a few things i learned here is to never hold your pee, drink lots of fluids, (prevents you from getting a catheter) practice kagel exercises (squeezing your a$$hole, prevents you from leaking, and from wearing diapers), and that prostate cancer is IMINENT! its also known as a ticking time bomb. The doctors say that there is no known cause of this, but there are many things that can be done if you have it, surgery, radiation, etc. i've had pts whose had prostate cancer for 10+ yrs, and are doing just fine! its just a matter of catching it in time. hence the physicals, so get them blood tests when youre asked to, and when you reach that age for the doctor to slip you the finger, make sure your doctor got small hands.. better safe than sorry!!! HAHAHA....

--------------------
"I aint no crip, but i bleed blue..."

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90gtvert:

AAAAAAAhahahhaha....for some reason I read your response before I read the story. Then about half way into the story I literally started laughing hella hard. I needed that.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by its50:
what if if your chick pulls a jack move on you....

damn this thread is full of funnies.....JACK MOVE. I am thinking Ice Cube when people say that. You changed that.
[worship]

Cobraboy
¯
Member # 7826

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobraboy  Ford pictures for Cobraboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
laksdjfajdfl;jdf

LOL... you guys kill me.

I am a little worried myself....

Posts: 552 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2007  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburg Mustang Owner:
Hey Guys,

Have fun!

Awesome

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
hes2quick
¯
Member # 8916

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hes2quick  Ford pictures for hes2quick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LOL...

--------------------
91 coupe with a 6 point cage,draglites, and some suspension work,3.73

Posts: 105 | From: Redwood City now Tempe, AZ | Registered: Feb 2009  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com