Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » military banking

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: military banking
t top freak
¯
Member # 6269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t top freak  Ford pictures for t top freak  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well, im off to the Marines on monday.

im curious on banking. ive been looking at navy fed and usaa.

i like usaa because i can get a new credit card, checking and savings, auto loan, insurance...pretty much everything.

anyone have any experience with either of these banks. i just hope they are better then Bank of America... [Embarrassed]

--------------------
1994 cobra - sold!
1986 t top gt - parted out and sold!
on the hunt for another

Posts: 1023 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I heard PENFED.ORG is pretty good. They have auto loans for 60 months NEW or USED for 3.99%.

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've been with USAA for 10+ years. They take care of you like family. Highly recommend them.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
JohnCM
CAFords OG
Member # 1076

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnCM  Ford pictures for JohnCM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
usaa is awesome.
I use b of a for banking though, But car insurance through usaa is cheap [Whoo Whooooo!]

Posts: 3545 | From: Roseville | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeNiNsula302  Ford pictures for PeNiNsula302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've heard nothing but good things about USAA, although I stuck with Wells throughout my enlistment... They have decent military benefits as well.
sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharkattack  Ford pictures for sharkattack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
USAA hands down. I have Navy fed too but USAA is way above and beyond.

Good luck in the Suck!

Cpl 0331 1990-1994

--------------------
1965 Fastback

03 Cobra with some stuff

Poisond Pony
¯
Member # 5141

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Poisond Pony  Ford pictures for Poisond Pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by t top freak:
well, im off to the Marines on monday.

im curious on banking. ive been looking at navy fed and usaa.

i like usaa because i can get a new credit card, checking and savings, auto loan, insurance...pretty much everything.

anyone have any experience with either of these banks. i just hope they are better then Bank of America... [Embarrassed]

USAA is by far the best bank for service members yet. Their customer service is probably the best I have ever dealt with.

did you use BofA Military Banking? I had that, it completely sucked. It doesn't even offer the same customer service or half the perks that normal BofA people get.

--------------------
1997 SVT Cobra
very stock, very lame

Posts: 1089 | From: Portland, OR | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KINGROY  Ford pictures for KINGROY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I guess I'll be the odd ball. I went with Navy Fed and I loved them, and not because I was in the Navy. They were everywhere I was stationed. Including 29 Palms which you have a chance of beeing sent to. I still use them to this day.
Posts: 1642 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  :
Raydub
¯
Member # 9028

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raydub  Ford pictures for Raydub    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You should try pacific Marine credit union.. the really help you out and they protect your assets and you money very good.. there a good bank..
Posts: 13 | From: Fremont, Ca | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
t top freak
¯
Member # 6269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t top freak  Ford pictures for t top freak  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Raydub:
You should try pacific Marine credit union.. the really help you out and they protect your assets and you money very good.. there a good bank..

i think this is the bank "issued" to me in a couple days when i go to boot camp.

ive heard they are good, but you run into issues if you arent stationed on the west coast.
im not too worried about that, chances are ill be at pendleton or the stumps before i deploy (infantry [patriot] )

--------------------
1994 cobra - sold!
1986 t top gt - parted out and sold!
on the hunt for another

Posts: 1023 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEMPERFI510  Ford pictures for SEMPERFI510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
another vote for USAA or Navy Fed. [Wink]
Posts: 1766 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
migs66/92
¯
Member # 4811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for migs66/92  Ford pictures for migs66/92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
all i want to say is wish you the best of luck out there be careful and thanks for serving this great country of ours [patriot] [patriot] [patriot]

--------------------
Ill keep my guns and my money, you can have the change

sharkattack
¯
Member # 645

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sharkattack  Ford pictures for sharkattack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just wanted to add, my wife was t-boned by an uninsured prick. We have USAA insurance on top of banking. We had a 500 deductable or something like that. USAA waived the fee, took care of everything. No hassle. Best part? Our rates went down not up. Yes, DOWN!!!

--------------------
1965 Fastback

03 Cobra with some stuff

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com