Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » GOT A NEW PUPPY, NEED HELP!!!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: GOT A NEW PUPPY, NEED HELP!!!!
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok guys yesterday I some how came home with a dog, Cute dog, very friendly, 9 month old, etc.... I will post pics

I need help because I have a cat also, so any idea in getting them to become friends??? anyone have cats and dogs in the same household????? The problem is that the dog is nice but the cat gots the heart of a LION and keeps attacking the dog so the dog is getting pissed???

Any idea would help? THANKS

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Darwins Rule [patriot]

If the cat is grown, it is going to be a uphill battle. Good Luck

89bluenotch
¯
Member # 7454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89bluenotch  Ford pictures for 89bluenotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have both a full grown cat...and a 5 month old pup they eventually worked it out. the cat will snarl every once in while and the dog will chase her up on top of the fridge but they don't fight anymore.

--------------------
-Gunnar
89 coupe
54 f100
R.I.P. SILVERLX

Posts: 1857 | From: HEALDSBURG | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ya thats a tough one. You definitly have an uphill battle with this one. They should eventually sort it out, you just have to keep an eye on them for the next couple of months.

Mike

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They will eventually get use to each other. i had a 4 month old dog with a 3 year cat. it took a few months but they are ok now. [patriot]

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they will work it out eventually.... if not the cat will learn to like it lol

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
t top freak
¯
Member # 6269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t top freak  Ford pictures for t top freak  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i had the same situation with a full grown cat (this thing was bad ass, jumping from trees in my backyard to kill blue jays and whatnot) and a new puppy. my cat (RIP) actually looked after the puppy like it was her own. it was cute [Smile]

--------------------
1994 cobra - sold!
1986 t top gt - parted out and sold!
on the hunt for another

Posts: 1023 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
JOEFOX87
¯
Member # 8331

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JOEFOX87  Ford pictures for JOEFOX87    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ha ha, same advice as everyone else. My parents have 2 cats and one dog. It's funny how they interact with each other. They chase each other around, the dog bites and the cat swings at the dog. Not much to do but to grab a beer, watch and make sure nothing serious is going on.
Posts: 824 | From: Union City, California | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dont your people eat dogs and cats? [Confused]

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
DRIVINFST
¯
Member # 2430

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DRIVINFST  Ford pictures for DRIVINFST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just keep an eye on them so no one gets hurt, but they will sort out a pecking order. I have 2 cats over 5 yrs and they got used to the puppy we brought home.
Posts: 555 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Navid, this is how it will work out. I have a dog, a kitten, and a cat. The first cat had the house first. Then we got the dog. The cat used to hiss and scratch and attack the dog on a daily basis claiming its territory. Then my fiance came home with a kitten. The dog adopted the kitten as its own child. Those two are inseperable. My kitten acts like a dog now. The cat now hates my kitten with a passion and just ignores my dog or tolerates her. My kitten is trying to make friends with the grown cat, but the cat has had enough and doesn't want any part of that. Bottom line, my cat is a true BITCH!!!! lol. Just get a kitten like we did. Next my fiance might get another animal and my cat will probably hang herself.lol.

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
JOEFOX87
¯
Member # 8331

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JOEFOX87  Ford pictures for JOEFOX87    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fr5.0:

What the hell u talkin about man? [Confused]
Posts: 824 | From: Union City, California | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JOEFOX87:
quote:
Originally posted by fr5.0:

What the hell u talkin about man? [Confused]
hes just trying to be funny!

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

hey thanks for all the comments, I researched it and found out what to do, it took about few days but they are friends now, its cute!

the problem I had was that the cat would attack the dog, yes My cat got a heart of a LION! so I had to keep my eye on my dog and make sure she dosn't get HURT! sad to say.

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com