Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Polishing??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Polishing??
SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just curious as to if anybody has ever polished a midpipe to the tips of a catback and how it looks...

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its pretty common with the 99-01 Cobra crowd over on SVTPerformance.com. Since IRS catbacks are fully exposed, it looks sick, but on a solid axle car, you would never see it unless you were under the car. It takes alot of work, & the catback has to be full stainless steel for it to polish out to a mirror like finish though...

Refer to this thread for all the info you need... 04Sleepers car is ridiculous BTW...

http://forums.stangnet.com/775878-how-polish-exhaust.html

-

Polished, vs stock stainless...

-

[ March 21, 2009, 08:44 PM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got a chuby looking at that pic [Razz]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

1SicSVT
¯
Member # 8991

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SicSVT  Ford pictures for 1SicSVT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ya nick was posting this thread for me, im thinking of polishing the full exhaust system, my dad works with metall and he can help me make the whole exhaust look like that. should i do the full exhaust or just the catback

--------------------
Having the fastest Chevy is like being in the Special Olympics, win or lose, you're still retarded

Posts: 33 | From: san lorenzo | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1SicSVT:
ya nick was posting this thread for me, im thinking of polishing the full exhaust system, my dad works with metall and he can help me make the whole exhaust look like that. should i do the full exhaust or just the catback

What type of exhaust do you have because it wont polish out like that unless its stainless?

[ March 22, 2009, 01:17 AM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------

1SicSVT
¯
Member # 8991

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1SicSVT  Ford pictures for 1SicSVT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
borla stingers [Big Grin] they are going to arrive in the mail within a few days, they are stainless steel

--------------------
Having the fastest Chevy is like being in the Special Olympics, win or lose, you're still retarded

*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

quote:
Originally posted by 1SicSVT:
borla stingers [Big Grin] they are going to arrive in the mail within a few days, they are stainless steel

Sweet... It should work out great then. Post pics when u get it done....

--------------------

1SicSVT
¯
Member # 8991

it will be a couple days but ya definetly pics will be there

--------------------

Pittsburg Mustang Owner
¯
Member # 6100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pittsburg Mustang Owner  Ford pictures for Pittsburg Mustang Owner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i want to polish my axle back on my 07 real bad, motivated me to get to it.

Maybe tomorrow

Posts: 1019 | From: Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
1SicSVT
¯
Member # 8991

good to hear, if you do it right it comes out real nice. which is why im havin my pops help me out i will definetly find a way to mess something up

--------------------

SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
aye nikolai...the x pipes gunna be stainless too right??
Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
sic ls1
¯
Member # 7036

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic ls1  Ford pictures for sic ls1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey your both gay! [Wink] and yeah the bassani is stainless

--------------------
1988 lx coupe. Exhaust,4:10's 13.6 @ 100mph
2001 ss camaro 11.55 @ 123 415/372

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com