Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » got a damn ticket...f@%! (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: got a damn ticket...f@%!
Monte
¯
Member # 7536

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monte  Ford pictures for Monte    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn i f*ckin got a damn "unsafe lane change" ticket this morning. what the hell man? then i have a correctional front plate thing. then he tried to get me for my exhaust, but i said that the dealership did it, it was by "ford racing gt package" haha.. but anyways anyone know how much this cost? or whats the best way to go about this? thanks for the info. [Mad]

--------------------
97 Cobra Convertible

Posts: 606 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Mar 2007  |  :
87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
shit I got 1 of those too , but my dumb ass cut off a cop . I paid like 200 for mine

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
87Mustang Gt Conv kurgan tuned
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

Monte
¯
Member # 7536

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monte  Ford pictures for Monte    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea sh*ts sucks! i wonder what are my chances of disputing it? even though i came from the fast lane and "flew" to the slow lane for a junction? but the court wont know that right? i get a point on my record regardless right?

--------------------
97 Cobra Convertible

trulow
¯
Member # 9037

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for trulow  Ford pictures for trulow  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you plead guilty or no contest, you get a point against your driving record either way. Now if you plead innocent, typically the judge will set another date for you to challenge the citation. You'll then have to show proof that what you did was innocent etc. Also, the citing officer will be there to tell his side of the story. But on the off chance the the officer does not show up to court, you win by default and just pay the docking fee which is $10, oh and no point against your license.

P.S. Usually cops don't attend challenged tickets due to them having to appear in court on their off hours. They typically set the appointment up while the cop has work, if that happens, then the cop definitely will not show up to court. 50/50 chance that the cop shows up.

[ March 19, 2009, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: trulow ]

Posts: 18 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
Scoop
¯
Member # 8726

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scoop  Ford pictures for Scoop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 87droptop50:
shit I got 1 of those too , but my dumb ass cut off a cop . I paid like 200 for mine

lol [worship] i bet that cop wasnt to happy [Big Grin]
Posts: 1121 | From: Out Chillin | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Monte
¯
Member # 7536

quote:
Originally posted by trulow:
If you plead guilty or no contest, you get a point against your driving record either way. Now if you plead innocent, typically the judge will set another date for you to challenge the citation. You'll then have to show proof that what you did was innocent etc. Also, the citing officer will be there to tell his side of the story. But on the off chance the the officer does not show up to court, you win by default and just pay the docking fee which is $10, oh and no point against your license.

P.S. Usually cops don't attend challenged tickets due to them having to appear in court on their off hours. They typically set the appointment up while the cop has work, if that happens, then the cop definitely will not show up to court. 50/50 chance that the cop shows up.

well since this like my first ticket really, when i go to court and contest do i pay for like any court fee's or anything like that? well i'm going to plead innocent hopefully all goes good. whats a good cover up for "unsafe lane change?" thanks again for the info guys.
trulow
¯
Member # 9037

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for trulow  Ford pictures for trulow  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Rookie07gt:
well since this like my first ticket really, when i go to court and contest do i pay for like any court fee's or anything like that? well i'm going to plead innocent hopefully all goes good. whats a good cover up for "unsafe lane change?" thanks again for the info guys.

Fees depend on the county. Check with the assigned court for the fees. The ticket should have an estimated date and time as well as the courts phone number on the bottom. Just remember, you will have to pay the court fee plus citation fee if you do contest the ticket and end up loosing.
In my opinion, since you said this is your first ticket, just state no contest and ask the judge if you can go to traffic school. You'll have to pay for the ticket plus the added cost for traffic school, but you will end up with no point against your violation. You're allowed to go to traffic school once every 18 months. Doing it this way will save you money on your insurance as well, because every point on your record makes your insurance cost go higher.

As far as to what a good excuse will go, there really is none that I can think of. Especially since that you cut lanes to make it to a junction. Think of it this way, people get tickets all the time. The judge has probably heard every excuse in the book. So to win, you will need a really good valid excuse. The only one I can think of is "there was a car next too you also trying to make the junction opposite to yours. So you and the other driver had to try and cross paths."

[ March 19, 2009, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: trulow ]

Posts: 18 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
jph331
¯
Member # 665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jph331  Ford pictures for jph331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I also just received a speeding ticket from the highway patrol. He was driving a new charger. I didn't even know a cop was behind me.
91CHP_Coupe
¯
Member # 7686

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91CHP_Coupe  Ford pictures for 91CHP_Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
shit wsup monte havent talked to u in a while. wsup wit u man. that kinda suck u got a ticket for that! Just try to fight it and ull probably win or they will cut ur fine in half or so. speaking of it i gotta go to court next week for loud music LOL.... But man wuts new hit me up somtime bro!!!

--------------------
69 Mach 1
91 Coupe HCI. SOLD
04 DSG Mach 1

87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by scoop331:
quote:
Originally posted by 87droptop50:

lol [worship] i bet that cop wasnt to happy [Big Grin]
She gave me a fat ass lecture on how if some one dosent let you by you shouldnt cut them off. Every one knows her as ms. Piggy over here

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
87Mustang Gt Conv kurgan tuned
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jph331:
I also just received a speeding ticket from the highway patrol. He was driving a new charger. I didn't even know a cop was behind me.

I've seen that CHP Charger all around hwy 4 this past week. Matter of fact I just saw him roll on a Escalade on my way to school today. Everyone drive sane, the boys have been all over lately.

Oh and officers get FOUR HOURS overtime just to show up for a court date if you challenge the ticket which means there is a high possibility of them showing up to court.

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Welcome to the club!

I saw a cop radaring cars on I-780 at Midnight a couple days ago! Pitch black on the side of the freeway.

FTP..

BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

was he i highway 4 i saw one tueday going towards brentwood
jph331
¯
Member # 665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jph331  Ford pictures for jph331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Westbound highway 4 Tuesday night at 9pm. Philipino officer, bald head.
Pittsburg Mustang Owner
¯
Member # 6100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pittsburg Mustang Owner  Ford pictures for Pittsburg Mustang Owner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Black 02 SS:
quote:

I've seen that CHP Charger all around hwy 4 this past week. Matter of fact I just saw him roll on a Escalade on my way to school today. Everyone drive sane, the boys have been all over lately.

Oh and officers get FOUR HOURS overtime just to show up for a court date if you challenge the ticket which means there is a high possibility of them showing up to court.

Yeah i've been seeing them alot too.

Is your GP white with exhuast?

Posts: 1019 | From: Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
BIGBALLFACTOR
¯
Member # 7277

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BIGBALLFACTOR  Ford pictures for BIGBALLFACTOR    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

9 pm an you did take on a high speed i know you could get away from them
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

They have been ladaring in pittsburg ALOT latley! At night they sit under the railroad overpass in the westbound direction [Eek!] .

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburg Mustang Owner:
quote:
Originally posted by Black 02 SS:
quote:

Yeah i've been seeing them alot too.

Is your GP white with exhuast?

Yup, sure is.

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

jph331
¯
Member # 665

quote:
Originally posted by fasthatch:
quote:

9 pm an you did take on a high speed i know you could get away from them
I know the Z06 would leave him no problem.

The first thing I thought of was the Antioch officer who is now paralyzed as a result of crashing during a high speed pursuit. Too many consequences. The guy fleeing is held responsible. I'll fight the ticket, and then pay the fine. We all know in traffic court you are guilty until proven innocent.

All police are is a source of revenue. Instead of the saying "To Serve and Protect" it should read "To Serve and Collect".

I had a sheriff in a patrol car try racing me on 680 a few months ago.

Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

quote:

The first thing I thought of was the Antioch officer who is now paralyzed as a result of crashing during a high speed pursuit. [/QB]

Is that the one who crashed into the house last week or so?

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

jph331
¯
Member # 665

Yep. He was traveling west on lealand and got airborn as he went through the railroad intersection.
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i'm not sure if you work or not, but sometimes its cheaper to just pay the fine and do traffic school. i got a speeding ticket last summer and did just that. unless you're broke then go to court and hope the officer won't show up which has happened to me yearssss ago when i was a student.
88DroptopGT
¯
Member # 2535

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88DroptopGT  Ford pictures for 88DroptopGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
All police are is a source of revenue. Instead of the saying "To Serve and Protect" it should read "To Serve and Collect".

Good one!
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

U get a ticket por not dribing a import [Big Grin]

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

maeco
¯
Member # 2578

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for maeco  Ford pictures for maeco    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
highway 13? [Wink]

--------------------
Looking for clean white mustang email me

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com