Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » PS3 took a dump!!! (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: PS3 took a dump!!!
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anyone else here have the yellow light of death from there ps3? Had the PS3 for about 3 years now, in the middle of playing online it turned off and will not turn back on...So went to a 24 hour wally world and bought a new one. plan is to put old ps3 in new box and return to wal mart. hope it works.

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sucks to hear

lol good luck on the return.... i use to do somethin like that at kb toys with video games. i would buy them, save the receipt, carefully unwrap the game, take the game out and replace it with something of similar weight, re wrap it with the same factory wrap and a tad of super glue and return the box and get my money back [Big Grin]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
JOEFOX87
¯
Member # 8331

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JOEFOX87  Ford pictures for JOEFOX87    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
better than the 360 after a couple of weeks, yeah baby!!!!
Posts: 824 | From: Union City, California | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
JOEFOX87
¯
Member # 8331

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JOEFOX87  Ford pictures for JOEFOX87    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
or would you like me to take a dump in your apartment? better now than the warranty
JOEFOX87
¯
Member # 8331

sorry, too much alcohol, blown367 syndrome
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 03SVTPower:
anyone else here have the yellow light of death from there ps3? Had the PS3 for about 3 years now, in the middle of playing online it turned off and will not turn back on...So went to a 24 hour wally world and bought a new one. plan is to put old ps3 in new box and return to wal mart. hope it works.

The serial number is on the unit, box and receipt. Trust me, they will remove the unit from the box and make sure its the right one. I remember the PS2 had a hole in the box and you could see the number on the machine without opening it. I myself and several of my friends all have launch day PS3's and no failures on any of them yet.
On the bright side you have a PS3, if you had an Xbox 360 you'd be on your 167th one waiting for # 168 to show up.

[ March 19, 2009, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: asskickn88 ]

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am pretty sure they will take it back. Just give a lil attitude when you go in there. I did that with a 360 a while back. Plus most of the pimple faced youngstas there dont care. Just dont get a old lady or grey haired man. They are Walmart lifers and will sell their first born for Walmart.
94 N.C.F GT
TEAM PLATINUM
Member # 8722

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 N.C.F GT  Ford pictures for 94 N.C.F GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My first 360 lasted for 3Years 2nd and 3Rd only a year. My lil bra went threw 7 In one year I got tired of returning that thing he just kept getn red rings of death

--------------------
TEAM PLATINUM
87LX:(D D) ORANGE coupe
94GT:(427) Its a BEAST on the streets but in the garage it stays ASLEEP. N/A

Posts: 1313 | From: RICHMOND/sanpablo | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:
I am pretty sure they will take it back. Just give a lil attitude when you go in there. I did that with a 360 a while back. Plus most of the pimple faced youngstas there dont care. Just dont get a old lady or grey haired man. They are Walmart lifers and will sell their first born for Walmart.

Every time I go to the returns area I get the old people, they do that on purpose. While they do let some stuff slide getting a $400 game system returned is going to be tough if there is anything in question.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
trulow
¯
Member # 9037

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for trulow  Ford pictures for trulow  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Go to costco. Costco just has a SKU of the item but not the SKU of the system. Buy a new system at Costco, keep it for a few days, and return your old one. They will check the unit though, but they wont match a serial of the unit.

edit: make sure to clean you old system and make it look brand new. haha..

[ March 19, 2009, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: trulow ]

Posts: 18 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtowned  Ford pictures for gtowned    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
all these xbox haters.i have a launch day 360 that hasnt even froze on me or anything.my buddy repairs and mods 360's.ive seen some pretty nasty ones come through there.i keep my systems about 4-5 ft off the ground in my entertainment center so im sure thats why my units stay clean and dont have any problems

--------------------
Taking terminators off the road one at a time...

Posts: 1106 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If it does work with wal mart taking it back, i will have gained another dual shock controller(switched with an old one) and upgraded to the 80gig from the 60gig [Big Grin]

--------------------

306Coupe
¯
Member # 4988

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 306Coupe  Ford pictures for 306Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Always buy from Costco.....

But my nephew killed my ps3 and I has Sony fix mines for $150. might try that

--------------------
1987 Coupe- Not stock

RedBaron
¯
Member # 4361

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RedBaron  Ford pictures for RedBaron    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man, do all you cockroaches hide under refridgerators when the light turns on or what?

My personal favorite is the 'same general weight' on the game disc return- gettin all dressed up as a surgeon with a scalpel and superglue [Big Grin]

--------------------
1988 4i coupe,
88 gt
85 ttop-

gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtowned  Ford pictures for gtowned    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
If it does work with wal mart taking it back, i will have gained another dual shock controller(switched with an old one) and upgraded to the 80gig from the 60gig [Big Grin]

going to an 80 is not an upgrade from the 60.yes it has a bigger hdd but the 60 is the best system made

--------------------

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

quote:
Originally posted by RedBaron:
Man, do all you cockroaches hide under refridgerators when the light turns on or what?

My personal favorite is the 'same general weight' on the game disc return- gettin all dressed up as a surgeon with a scalpel and superglue [Big Grin]

well this cockroach went out 5 minutes after one ps3 broke to go buy another one at a 24 hour wal mart. Can't be without my ps3. i was more upset that my COD4 game got stuck and wouldnt eject!!

--------------------

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

quote:
Originally posted by gtowned.:
quote:

going to an 80 is not an upgrade from the 60.yes it has a bigger hdd but the 60 is the best system made
Im gonna miss the old one for playing ps2 games on it every once and a while!! [Mad]

--------------------

gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

try using the power cord from your new ps3 and use it on your old ps3.i have a buddy that mods and repairs video games and he said thats a power supply issue.

--------------------

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

quote:
try using the power cord from your new ps3 and use it on your old ps3.i have a buddy that mods and repairs video games and he said thats a power supply issue.

A plug is a plug? right? [Confused]

--------------------

gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

personally im not sure but ive seen my guy bring some systems back from the dead.he fixes the bad blu ray drives and all

--------------------

gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1tj1xt3jC0&feature=related

--------------------

SSSSIKH
¯
Member # 8397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSSSIKH  Ford pictures for SSSSIKH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i bought my ps3 the first day they were released, and about 6 months ago, it stopped working as i was playing online...

...i paid sony $150 to fix it, no problems since.

--------------------
AED
WWW.AEDHP.COM

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

A plug is a plug? right? [Confused]
That is sometimes a viable fix when it comes to 360. Not sure about ps3 tho, First time I heard that one.
Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 03SVTPower:
[qb]
On the bright side you have a PS3, if you had an Xbox 360 you'd be on your 167th one waiting for # 168 to show up.

*shakes finger* nuh uhhhhh lol Had my xbox 2 years, got R.O.D, had it fixed and back at my house in less then 3 weeks, runs fine [patriot]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
We should take a survey and tally up the broken ps3 vs 360 just to try to end the battle of the systems.
My.02 is they both have their pros and cons but as far as being more reliable I have to side with ps3

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com