Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Would you watch a car tuning show?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Would you watch a car tuning show?
trulow
¯
Member # 9037

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for trulow  Ford pictures for trulow  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hay guys, I'm planning on heading down to the ride out event this weekend and an idea came to me while browsing around the site just now.

How interested would you guys be (as well as people you know) and would watch a show about car tuning around Nor Cal and possibly to So Cal if it becomes successful?

The premise of the show would basically be about tuning your car by showing how others have done it. There's a lot more ideas that is coming to mind but I don't want to spoil it for anyone.

I want the show to appeal to all ages, both young and new, and to people who know about cars as well as to people who know nothing about cars.

Questions, comments, ideas?

P.S. Anyone willing to help me out filming the show in terms of possibly hosting certain segments, filming, editing, etc. ?

For those of you who do not know, I work for a online web television company. Not mentioning the name unless asked due to the fact that this post is not about advertising the site but to get input and possibly other ideas. Basically, if my idea pulls through, I could possibly get it to air on our site.

[ March 18, 2009, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: trulow ]

Posts: 18 | From: SF Bay Area | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
LSFairmont
¯
Member # 6001

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LSFairmont  Ford pictures for LSFairmont    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
IT would be interesting. i would watch it, to see what other people have done to their modular car's. all i see now days is 5.0 and carb cars not the modular's.
Posts: 3652 | From: the land of the lost | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
trulow
¯
Member # 9037

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for trulow  Ford pictures for trulow  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by slow96cobra:
IT would be interesting. i would watch it, to see what other people have done to their modular car's. all i see now days is 5.0 and carb cars not the modular's.

Thanks for your input. I'd also like to know what you guys would want to see on the show besides tuning.

I'd probably should mention that the show would be about all cars including the mustang of course.

svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That sounds like a pretty cool idea, it would be a great way to give all the tuner shops a chance to be heard/seen/ help network for the viewers by showing them what shops offer what specialty services. I'm for it.

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
2SIK GT
¯
Member # 3381

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2SIK GT  Ford pictures for 2SIK GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think it would be a good show but it would have to be very specific kinda like a pinks/monster garage or somthin you know give info on the car ,some of the build and after it done and tuned take it to the track and see what it can do ........i think alot of people would be interested and you can do bike dynos too but it would have to be various dyno shops not just in california alone i mean like texas ,florida etc. so everyone that watches it wont get board that its the same dyno shop and same state i know us guys want to know how those cars from texas get down and how good the tuners are....you want the show more action and less talk so people dont get board...but just my opinion but i would love to help out i do audio engineering also so that is a plus let me know i got good ideas....... [Wink] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [burnout] you can can call the show (DYNO TV) [Wink] J/P
Posts: 979 | From: San Jose Ca | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
trulow
¯
Member # 9037

Thanks for everyones input. I actually just talked to one of the people who's in charge of our programing and they gave me a go ahead to make a pilot episode. So I am going to start planning and getting everything ready for production.

One major aspect that is missing on a lot of other great car tuning shows is about the community. There are a lot of good shows out there that focus on building up on cars, but that's also where it ends. I kind of want this show to not only focus on building and testing great cars, but also to focus on the community which makes tuning fun.

@2SIK GT
I would love to take the show across the country if I can get enough people to watch the show. Our company is based off of sponsors making it free for viewers to watch. But as more viewers watch, the budget for the show will grow. Taking it across country unfortunately cost too much out of pocket at this stage of the project, but hopefully if everything is done right, we'll be able to take it across country in future episodes.

BTW @2SIK GT, I tried replying to you PM but your inbox was full

[ March 19, 2009, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: trulow ]

Scoop
¯
Member # 8726

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Scoop  Ford pictures for Scoop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i think you should you strapping on a blower, turbo or nitrous and then show the tuning aspect of it power gains and all that
Posts: 1121 | From: Out Chillin | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
2SIK GT
¯
Member # 3381

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2SIK GT  Ford pictures for 2SIK GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
THAT SHOW WOULD BE REALLY GOOD I THINK THIS IS A GREAT IDEA WELL GET IT STARTED.. [patriot]

--------------------
all u see is tail lights if u where driving a chevy

Posts: 979 | From: San Jose Ca | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think maybe one show would be cool but after that it would be right there with waching Poker or Golf on TV.

But I also get bored on dyno days. [burnout]

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

trulow
¯
Member # 9037

quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
I think maybe one show would be cool but after that it would be right there with waching Poker or Golf on TV.

But I also get bored on dyno days. [burnout]

That's one of the reasons why I would want it to also be about the community. It would show people what goes on behind the scenes of the cars. I am tinkering around with the idea of interviewing different people for segments of the show as well. Doing it this way, people will get interested in the tuning as well as the interviews. I was also planning on going to different racing events around and filming those. In short, although tuning would be the main premise of the show, it would not be the main focus. There are already a lot of shows that do that. The main focus of the show would be the people behind each creation (car).

[ March 19, 2009, 06:55 PM: Message edited by: trulow ]

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that sounds like it could be a pretty cool show.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

CobramanPhil
¯
Member # 2170

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CobramanPhil  Ford pictures for CobramanPhil    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Now as far as "tuning" goes are you talking specifically about the hard parts or are you talking about eec tuning and sorts? It would be nice to see some of the home garage tuners (my tweecerRT comes to mind) strutting their stuff on how they can get it done with their tuner, a wide-band, and learned eec knowledge as compared to the guy who pays a kazillion dollars to a shop for parts and then gets charged $500 for a dyno session every time he/she changes spark plugs [Wink]

[ March 20, 2009, 01:00 PM: Message edited by: CobramanPhil ]

Posts: 1016 | From: California, Bay Area | Registered: Dec 2002  |  :
trulow
¯
Member # 9037

quote:
Originally posted by CobramanPhil:
Now as far as "tuning" goes are you talking specifically about the hard parts or are you talking about eec tuning and sorts? It would be nice to see some of the home garage tuners (my tweecerRT comes to mind) strutting their stuff on how they can get it done with their tuner, a wide-band, and learned eec knowledge as compared to the guy who pays a kazillion dollars to a shop for parts and then gets charged $500 for a dyno session every time he/she changes spark plugs [Wink]

More or less it would be geared toward the home garage tuners and DIY. Now there would be from time to time a trip to the local dyno shop of course, but I would rather prefer not to take that route and show how to do it yourself. The show will be about the community and how everyday people customize their cars showing off their hard work. If people wanted to see a show that's mostly about car shop modifications, they can watch Monster Garage or something along those lines. [Razz]

There was a little saying between some old members that I used to go to HIN with a while back when I used to have my eclipse. "It's not about the car, but the people behind the car that matters"

[ March 20, 2009, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: trulow ]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com