Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » rusty engine block

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: rusty engine block
black_demon
¯
Member # 196

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for black_demon  Ford pictures for black_demon    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i went and checked out that motor out of a 92 ssp and all in all the motor turned out to be a good deal. a buddy and me tore the block down and the internals are in prestine condition. no wear on any of the metal surfaces whatsoever, but the only problem is that its got rust everywhere... looks like it sat outside for quite some time. whats the best way to get this engine prepped for a complete overhaul?? its got surface rust all over the exterior and the coolant passages.

can anyone suggest a shop that can get rid of all the rust??

oh yeah.. the guy threw in a t5 also.... all for $350

Posts: 112 | From: san francisco - cali | Registered: Mar 2001  |  :
Ty
¯
Member # 4920

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ty  Ford pictures for Ty  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
any machine shop should be able to do it all they gotta do is dip it or bake it, whatever they do now a days

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
----------------------------
90 gt nothin special, just your average bolt ons...OUT TO PASTURE
69 fastback project car

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com