Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Gun Experts (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Gun Experts
j0eyabs
¯
Member # 1026

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for j0eyabs  Ford pictures for j0eyabs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am new to guns and have a question about one. I know I want to get one and I want a Desert Eagle. What is a good price for a .50 Cal Desert Eagle and whats the best place in the Northern California to get one?
Posts: 767 | From: California | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
first make sure they are legal in california.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I looked at one when I bought my Sig, those fuckers are expensive. They sell them at the local gun shops. Would they sell a gun that is illegal? I am not pro, but now I am curious too.
PeNiNsula302
¯
Member # 1061

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PeNiNsula302  Ford pictures for PeNiNsula302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 532Fastback:
first make sure they are legal in california.

Ditto... and if you don't mind me asking, why do you want that specific handgun? Consider these two things - 1. You are new to firearms. 2. That weapon is rated high on the ridiculous overkill scale. As a beginner you would be better off starting with a small caliber pistol and learning the basics of shooting for much less $$. Good luck either way [patriot]
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
SHIT I BOUGHT I MY 45 SIG 1911 FOR LIKE 1700 A YEAR AGO LOL IT COST LIKE 50 BUCKS FOR A BOX OF SHELLS AND NOW OBAMA WANT TO PUT A TAXS ON AMMO WTF! LOL .50 CAL WOULD NOT BE THE WAY GET A 9 FRIST BECAUSE THAT 50 CAL KICK PRETTY HARD MY BROTHER LOL

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

j0eyabs
¯
Member # 1026

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for j0eyabs  Ford pictures for j0eyabs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I want the desert eagle cause I like the way it looks and thats what I want. I know the .45 version is legal in CA just not sure about the .50. To practice I will just rent a smaller gun but I know I only want to buy that particular gun.
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I wouldn't call myself an 'Expert' but i am certainly an enthusiast. If you are hell bent on buying a desert eagle then go for it..its your right and your money. Any gun store should be able to get you one. In other words, dont drive 2hrs to 'my boys gun store hit him up yo' to save a few bucks. Personally though, i can think of dozens of hand guns id have before that. They are big and heavy, expensive to shoot, and better suited for Hollywood in my opinion. [patriot]

[ February 12, 2009, 02:47 PM: Message edited by: season'd 88 ]

j0eyabs
¯
Member # 1026

Thats true. But I just like the looks and its not something I am going to take to the range very often. I have always just wanted one from the first time I saw one.
Cobraboy
¯
Member # 7826

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobraboy  Ford pictures for Cobraboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by j0eyabs:
Thats true. But I just like the looks and its not something I am going to take to the range very often. I have always just wanted one from the first time I saw one.

That's plenty of justification for getting any gun IMO.

Why not just buy two guns? You want a .50 cal... but maybe you won't shoot it as much as you think? Who know... Why not get a little .40 Glock to go with it? That way you have the one you want plus one that is FAR cheaper to shoot on a daily basis.

[ February 12, 2009, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: Cobraboy ]

Posts: 552 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2007  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I feel you on the looks of the Desert E. It immediately grabbed my attention until I saw the price tag. I am new to guns too, I recommend the Glock 40 or Sig. You can get a black sig for cheaper than the silver one. The Sig kicks harder than my 40, but I shoot better with my Sig, I think because it is heavier.
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LOL I FELL U N8 WHEN I SHOOT MY 45 ITS HELLA EASY TO HIT THE TARGET BUT WHEN I SWITCH TO MY 9 IT FELL LIKE I SHOOTIN A PELLIT GUN

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

1990GT50
¯
Member # 2119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1990GT50  Ford pictures for 1990GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The gun is def. legal in Ca so no problem there. I would reccomend you get a different gun as well though. Have you looked at the price of .50 ammo? Shiet... every time you shoot its like.... 1 dollar....1 dollar....1 dollar. Unload a clip and it just cost you $15... not fun. I realize your kinda stuck on the gun but you should realy look into something else. The Baby Eagle comes in 9mm which is cheep and fun. Same design in a smaller overall gun and SMALLER pricetag. If you cant afford to shoot, you're gonna have a $1500 paperweight.
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I saw someone shooting the 44Cal DE once and the fireball was like a foot long it was badass.
Cobraboy
¯
Member # 7826

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobraboy  Ford pictures for Cobraboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah they are effin’ savage homie… never shot one, but always wanted to…

Every time I go into Wild Sports up here by my house I see that .50 desert eagle and think of one fucking thing… the game Counterstrike. LOL… oh how badass it would be to own one.

But then I look at a box of ammo and the “Fuckin’ just do the damn thing, son” part of my brain is overruled by the “Stop being an unrealistic moron and think of something better to do with your hard earned money” part of my brain. lol

j0eyabs
¯
Member # 1026

I was told to check out target masters so maybe Ill check out the the Baby Eagle. But If I do decide to buy the .50 I wont be upset if I spend like $30 a month to go to the range. I see that the clip only holds 7 shots?
j0eyabs
¯
Member # 1026

I guess I just really want too shoot one first if I get the chance. I wanna see what the target looks like after 3 shots.
Cobraboy
¯
Member # 7826

It will likely look like a target with 3 holes in it.
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobraboy:
It will likely look like a target with 3 holes in it.

LOLLOL We just came from target masters. shot a hk45. diddnt like it

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
I was told to check out target masters so maybe Ill check out the the Baby Eagle. But If I do decide to buy the .50 I wont be upset if I spend like $30 a month to go to the range. I see that the clip only holds 7 shots?

-

$30 a month on ammo...start with a gun you can afford.

You can't buy a Desert Eagle in .50 cal from a gun dealer in Ca.

j0eyabs
¯
Member # 1026

But is it legal in CA? Can I order it from out of state?
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

my bro has a desert eagle and all i can tell u is....oh boy! [Eek!]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 532Fastback:
I saw someone shooting the 44Cal DE once and the fireball was like a foot long it was badass.

yep! [Big Grin] [dance]

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

welch93lx
¯
Member # 8748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for welch93lx  Ford pictures for welch93lx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
a little sum sum  -

--------------------
1991 LX HAtchback
R.I.P LUIS

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

quote:
I was told to check out target masters so maybe Ill check out the the Baby Eagle.

the baby eagle suck balls! dont bother. go big or go home.

quote:
But If I do decide to buy the .50 I wont be upset if I spend like $30 a month to go to the range.

lmao! ur gonna need more money than that [Embarrassed]

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

quote:
But is it legal in CA? Can I order it from out of state?

quote:
:
Magnum Research Desert Eagle: The Desert Eagle's 50cal barrel is chambered in 50 Action Express, and is not subject to the BMG ban. It is, however, subject to the California drop-test list. It is only CA-approved for new sale when equipped with the 44 Magnum barrel. No law whatsoever prohibits the installation of the 50 Action Express barrel onto a Desert Eagle originally sold as a 44 Magnum.

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com