Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » 1993 Ford Mustang GT Hatchback with 38K?? Real?? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: 1993 Ford Mustang GT Hatchback with 38K?? Real??
FriscoNotch
¯
Member # 5916

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FriscoNotch  Ford pictures for FriscoNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/ctd/1022451946.html

If the milage is correct, is it worth the money?

--------------------
'93 SSP 5.0 Police Coupe
'83 GLX 5.0 Coupe
'79 Ghia Coupe

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I can't be certain, but I think that's the same dealer I've seen advertise other "low mileage" 5.0's. I've checked VIN's before and have seen that they've definitely rolled over. That car doesn't come close to looking clean enough to be 38K actual miles. The interior and the engine show significant wear and tear. I think its BS.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The other ad I saw for that car said 138,000. Global auto right?

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If its a dealer i can't see them selling a car with the incorrect VIN number, Dealers can't register a car with the wrong vin. I would just check carfax or go to the DMV.
Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
92highway
¯
Member # 6542

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92highway  Ford pictures for 92highway    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
carfax is the way to go you cant tell with those odometers in my 92lx it had a extra number when i got my car it said 079xxx

--------------------
!MUSCLE TOYZ!
92highway
64 Mustang (for sale)
93 svt Cobra (for sale)
96Mystic#1043(sold)
73Maverick(project)

Posts: 805 | From: Bay Area/ Sacramento | Registered: Feb 2006  |  :
its50
¯
Member # 4069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for its50  Ford pictures for its50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they always have mustangs at global auto in hayward on mission.i have went and seen a few.they ask 10k off top and in person they are not worth 10k.i told the dude there i can find a cleaner faster one cheaper then that and that anyone with any sence or knows anything about a mustang isnt gonna buy that either.there was a red one and a white one there when i went but dont know if its the same red one.under the hood was all shitty looking as well.for 7 or even 10 it better look new .fuk all that bullshit
Posts: 940 | From: 510..fremont.. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
stanger50
20yr club
Member # 1665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger50  Ford pictures for stanger50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they bought my 1995 yellow gt from me. epiks old sn95. that red fox is not bad looking. has 138,000 when i last seen it a few months ago. i told the owner of the dealership its gonna be alittle hard to sell that AOD fox for $7k. i told me some old retired man thats looking to bring back his 40's is gonna buy it.
good luck, and guess what, its still there. LOSER!

--------------------
1998 Cobra SVT convertible
Bright Atlantic Blue (1 of 247)

20 year club.

JOEFOX87
¯
Member # 8331

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JOEFOX87  Ford pictures for JOEFOX87    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just keep waiting until they bring the price down. I first saw it online when it was 10,995. now 7,000. It will go down.

Not that anybody here is going to buy it though.

[ February 05, 2009, 11:20 PM: Message edited by: JOEFOX87 ]

Posts: 824 | From: Union City, California | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good luck getting ANY bank 2 finance that. But I wouldn't buy any fox body with low miles that wasn't a cobra though. I already know I would mod & drive it

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
fastertoys1
¯
Member # 5270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fastertoys1  Ford pictures for fastertoys1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
bought my 93 lx from topnotch jan.1 of this year.
39,xxx original miles ( carfax proven )
You can definitly tell the difference between a 40k and 140k car

iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fastertoys1:
bought my 93 lx from topnotch jan.1 of this year.
39,xxx original miles ( carfax proven )
You can definitly tell the difference between a 40k and 140k car

Agreed.

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
engine bay does not look like 38k, more like 138k.
87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The fact that the AC was updated gave me a clue that it rolled over. A car with only 38k would not have any issues with the AC unit.
Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for solbrothers  Ford pictures for solbrothers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i almost bought a notch from a guy. his had 45k miles. it looked beat to shit because it sat outside all its life.

--------------------
2100+ posts, 15 useful

FriscoNotch
¯
Member # 5916

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FriscoNotch  Ford pictures for FriscoNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The front seats are different, one has a big headrest one has a small headrest. The dash looks a bit crusty and the engine bay looks like its been powerwashed and sprayed down with armor all. It clean but the fact that he's advertising it with 38k original miles make him a shady shady seller.

--------------------
'93 SSP 5.0 Police Coupe
'83 GLX 5.0 Coupe
'79 Ghia Coupe

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 95GTConvtACE:
The fact that the AC was updated gave me a clue that it rolled over. A car with only 38k would not have any issues with the AC unit.

Over time the A/C will loose the freon no matter how much you drive the car. Some people would fall for the trap that you need to change the system out to run the 134A.... not that I think the car has that low of mileage though. I'd flag that ad, I'm willing to bet they are lying or stupid.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
THE MILEAGE IS CORRECT!!! that was my old car you bitches. Why you gotta hate on it. Just playin,...
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looks clean enough that it could be 38k. BUT you should check car fax to be sure. Also, make sure it isn't a salvage title. Seems to me that the car might have been re-painted. I would check that too.

Is it worth $7900? That is really up to you to decide [Wink]

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
FriscoNotch
¯
Member # 5916

quote:
Originally posted by 92stangLX:
Looks clean enough that it could be 38k. BUT you should check car fax to be sure. Also, make sure it isn't a salvage title. Seems to me that the car might have been re-painted. I would check that too.

Is it worth $7900? That is really up to you to decide [Wink]

Haha hell no Im not even in the market. Just funny the tricks people play.

--------------------
'93 SSP 5.0 Police Coupe
'83 GLX 5.0 Coupe
'79 Ghia Coupe

2SIK GT
¯
Member # 3381

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2SIK GT  Ford pictures for 2SIK GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nahh that 5.0 is wack i seen it in person its a auction car.. i went to go see their 03 cobra that thay ahd over there and the front bumper was repainted and they told me they never did and they bought the car from the original owner so i went to the bank to get a loan for it and they said they woulnt give it to me cause all global auto's cars are auction cars so then i asked them and then they told me the truth so i was coo off the cars .if you seen the 5.0 in person its not as good condition as it looks in the pics

--------------------
all u see is tail lights if u where driving a chevy

Posts: 979 | From: San Jose Ca | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
DIRTY SALLY
¯
Member # 7845

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DIRTY SALLY  Ford pictures for DIRTY SALLY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
HELL YEA THAT SHITS WACK THAT SITS DOWN THE STREET FROM MY HOUSE LOL I SEEN IT WHEN I WENT TO LOOK AT THAT WHITE COBRA THAT THEY HAVE

--------------------
---------
Savage Habits
instagram @2cheezen

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the guys at that dealer are a fricken joke. Like some1 above said, they have bad prices, and try and jack people for like 10k on top of ever car. Theyre a bunch of idiots...
Looked at a cobra a while ago with a massive knock and they said its normal [BS flag]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

03gtPONY
¯
Member # 5337

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03gtPONY  Ford pictures for 03gtPONY  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
global auto does find legit cars with legit mileage but they take the cars home and drive it like they stole it. thats why i backed off from buying a cobra from them

--------------------
*Sleeper GT* nuff said

2SIK GT
¯
Member # 3381

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2SIK GT  Ford pictures for 2SIK GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
NO WONDER WHY THEY DIDNT LET ME HEAR THE COBRA START

--------------------
all u see is tail lights if u where driving a chevy

Posts: 979 | From: San Jose Ca | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com