Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » G1 or i-phone? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: G1 or i-phone?
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't know which way 2 go. I have tmobile & will either get a G1 or a unlocked/jailbroken iphone to use on t-mobile. But I wanted some feedback from those who have them. Or know about the whole jailbroken thing with the iphone & still getting updates & using all the applications?

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
djlopez916
¯
Member # 8787

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for djlopez916  Ford pictures for djlopez916  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I <3 my G1

--------------------
89 GT VERT work in progress
05 v6 stang
97 Ford expedition

drop92
PITUDO
RACING 415
Member # 1323

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drop92  Ford pictures for drop92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i had both iphones, and now i just bought the G1 and i would say that the G1 is better than the iphone in many ways.
1. is because it has a keyboard
2. all apps are free
3. u can send pictures
4. doesn't freeze or get dropped calls

i'd say go with the G1. i have the white 1, the only thing is that the battery cover has blemish spots, notices 10 minutes after i bought phone, i thinks its the tmobile case i bought causing it

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah I think ima get the g1 on friday. I didnt know it came with different colors. Ima probably get 1 off craigslist. Anyone got anything I should watch/look out for when I buy it? Like obvious signs its messed up or been tampered with?

--------------------

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My wife and I both have iPhone's running on T-Mobile and love em. I did the unlock and jailbreak myself on em and its fairly simple to do. Once you have it jailbroken you can get all the apps, games, ringtones and anything else out there for free. I use all the extra 3rd party apps for everything. Get an iPhone imo.

With the first gen iPhone you can update it as usual and keep going, the 3G you have to be careful because Apple keeps changing the baseband of the phone to screw up the unlocking. They keep updating the software to get around it so no big deal. I'm still running the last firmware but will upgrade to the new one soon.

[ February 05, 2009, 10:56 AM: Message edited by: asskickn88 ]

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
91MSDFox
¯
Member # 8749

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91MSDFox  Ford pictures for 91MSDFox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
iPhoneFTW

jailbrakin g is the shit!..

like he sed ^

DO IT!!!

DO IT NOWW... lol [patriot]

--------------------
quote:
Originally posted by jordan_0806:
jae jae has one but it's usually doing donuts in his car while he's video taping....

triple black hatch
CAFords OG
Member # 5420

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple black hatch  Ford pictures for triple black hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a 3g iPhone i love it I'm typing with the iphone right now I like the big screen to watch the videos I tryed the g1 at tmobile any didn't like it. I think the g1 it's free with new service at tmobile
Posts: 1409 | From: (650)-(209) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by triple black hatch:
I have a 3g iPhone i love it I'm typing with the iphone right now I like the big screen to watch the videos I tryed the g1 at tmobile any didn't like it. I think the g1 it's free with new service at tmobile

I'm with you 100%, tried the G1 and wasn't impressed at all. Last time I checked the G1 was still $199 with a new activation but it might have gone down since then. The best part about the iPhone is all the new apps coming out constantly. I can do so many things with it, I even used it as a level the other day while hanging a little shelf in my room. Oh, I forgot.... there's also the app so the phone acts like a Gtech unit, I just got that and forgot to test it out!

--------------------

Abandon him.

50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
My wife and I both have iPhone's running on T-Mobile and love em. I did the unlock and jailbreak myself on em and its fairly simple to do. Once you have it jailbroken you can get all the apps, games, ringtones and anything else out there for free. I use all the extra 3rd party apps for everything. Get an iPhone imo.

With the first gen iPhone you can update it as usual and keep going, the 3G you have to be careful because Apple keeps changing the baseband of the phone to screw up the unlocking. They keep updating the software to get around it so no big deal. I'm still running the last firmware but will upgrade to the new one soon.

So you would recommend the first gen over the 3g right? But if I got the 3g model I would have to jailbreak it again everytime I go 2 update? Is the speed of the internet still quick with the first iphone? Man if I get one can u jailbreak it for me [Big Grin]

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
As it sits now get the iphone. The G1 will be great but its just to new for now. I personally went with a Mogul HTC because I need windows based and basically need a computer on my hip.

I guess my question would be, what are your goals for the phone? What do you need it to do? Iphone is fun, but it is limited if you need a smartPhone.

87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have the 1st I phone with t-moble . Its perfect for cafords, I rarely go on my computer . I still can't figure out an easy way to get ringtones .

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
87Mustang Gt Conv kurgan tuned
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

Pittsburg Mustang Owner
¯
Member # 6100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pittsburg Mustang Owner  Ford pictures for Pittsburg Mustang Owner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
iPhone FTW!!!1

I bought the iPhone on a sunday, canceled it on monday to try the G1. Tuesday comes around, i went back to the iphone and returned the G1.

I am happy with my choice.

but yall see the new pics of the G2? looks dope.

Posts: 1019 | From: Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
89FoxLX
¯
Member # 7197

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89FoxLX  Ford pictures for 89FoxLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I love my white g1. Everybody I know with a jailbroke iphone has had problems.
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Man iono what I want. I just want something to play on & maybe do some date planning with school. Don't really need the phone for business purposes

The G1 looks sleek & has the keyboard which is what I really like. The iphone is a good phone also but may be more trouble for me since I gotta jailbreak & unlock it.

--------------------

RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
TEE!!

G1's are cheap over rated garbage!!!!!!!!

iphones are of much better qulaity and pretty much SHITTING on every fone on the market. and prolly will be for another 5 years to come....

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by asskickn88:
[qb]So you would recommend the first gen over the 3g right? But if I got the 3g model I would have to jailbreak it again everytime I go 2 update? Is the speed of the internet still quick with the first iphone? Man if I get one can u jailbreak it for me [Big Grin]

No matter what iPhone you have, when you update it it needs to be rejailbroken but with the right programs its quick and easy. Hell yeah, get an iPhone, I'll jailbreak it and show you how to do it. I've got the 3G myself, the first gen one sucks because you can't hear shit on it. You don't have to update the software for the phone to work, I ran the 2.1 for months after 2.2 came out because it really doesn't effect the phone. Some applications will only work with the new software but its not a big deal. I only run my internet on WIFI but you can use the regular internet too and it runs fine. You can always update the games when you get board with the old ones too.

--------------------

Abandon him.

JOEFOX87
¯
Member # 8331

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JOEFOX87  Ford pictures for JOEFOX87    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Watcha think about the Blackberry Storm. Check it out. I don't have it but looks ok.
Posts: 824 | From: Union City, California | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
Five Decimal Zero
CAFords OG
Member # 1251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Five Decimal Zero  Ford pictures for Five Decimal Zero  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My vote for iPhone 3G. I've had mine for about a week on AT&T and it is a nice phone. The coverage area on AT&T is not as good as VZW but it's decent.

The Blackberry Storm is nice looking but it's glitchy which requires software updates to improve its performance... even then the phone is still glitchy.

Posts: 972 | From: San Jose, California | Registered: May 2002  |  :
RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
storm. garbage.

i have an iphone on tmobile jailbroken with the yellowsn0w software unlock for the 2.2 firmware i had tzones with tmobile...so i have unlimited internet access. and all the online of the phone works...youtube ect.

get the iphone. and spend the extra for a 16gig...and the white is clean as feezy!! just ask me! lol

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

triple black hatch
CAFords OG
Member # 5420

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for triple black hatch  Ford pictures for triple black hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There's an app for iPhone call mixtube you can down load YouTube videos to your iPhone there's a lot of free cool stuff and games
Posts: 1409 | From: (650)-(209) | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :
svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
get what i have the white 16gig 3g iphone its the shizzznizzle getting the wife one also

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like the i-phone better but if your with T-mobile go with a G-1. If you get a unlock i-phone I thing you will have many problems trying to use the internet

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

quote:
Originally posted by NavidR:
I like the i-phone better but if your with T-mobile go with a G-1. If you get a unlock i-phone I thing you will have many problems trying to use the internet

i use my internet all day long.......

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

six 5.0
¯
Member # 3153

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for six 5.0  Ford pictures for six 5.0  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I love my I-Phone.... I would be lost with out it

--------------------
IwishIwasan03COBRA!

Posts: 4425 | From: SAN MATEO | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i would say the iphone, i had the first gen. jailbroken and had all kinds of shit in there, now i have the 3g and its much better on the hearing and signal, i tell everyone that i would never go back to any other phone. i seen the g1 and play with it and really it feels cheap.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com