Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Cost of tickets have risen???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Cost of tickets have risen???
lightning89mg
¯
Member # 2673

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for lightning89mg  Ford pictures for lightning89mg    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Got a broken blinker? You'd better get it fixed.

Under a little-noted law that took effect Jan. 1, the cost of a fix-it ticket has nearly tripled, and drivers who are tardy taking care of a burned-out headlight or another mechanical problem could pay as much as $100 for an offense that a few years ago didn't cost a penny.

Lacking the funds to renovate nearly 400 court buildings across California, the state Legislature approved a boost in fix-it fines from $10 to $25 under a bill authored by state Sen. Don Perata, D-Oakland. (Perata's term has since ended.)

The bill also raised surcharges on regular traffic tickets by $35, parking tickets by $3 and the court cost to attend traffic school by $25.

The increase in the fine for fix-it tickets — citations issued for a vehicular problem in need of repair — might not seem like much, but other changes in state law have made it potentially much more expensive. Where one such ticket used to cover several violations, the new regulations make each separate violation a $25 fine. So if a cop cites a driver for having a burned-out brake light and broken mirror, the penalty jumps to $50.

Tack on other fees that can be assessed for prior tickets, night court, security and other reasons, and the total bill can easily exceed $100. And if a driver is late in taking care of the problem, you're talking a bill approaching $200.

Full story... http://www.insidebayarea.com/sanmateocountytimes/localnews/ci_11577161?source=rss

NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yep, in hard economic times cops usually write more tickets too. more money for the local government budget

[ January 29, 2009, 03:44 PM: Message edited by: NiftyWhiteFifty ]

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KINGROY  Ford pictures for KINGROY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Is the price of no front plates and tinted windows still the same? 10 bucks if corrected.

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

Posts: 1642 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  :
slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NiftyWhiteFifty:
Yep, in hard economic times cops usually write more tickets too. more money for the local government budget

Calls for service will always take priority over infraction traffic violations. With budget cuts (positions and hiring freezes) every where this unfortunately results in less police services and very delayed response times.

Fire and Medical response is feeling the same effects.

Fine or bail schedules are varied county to county. Most courts were not designed to handle the overwhelming case loads they have.

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by kingroy:
Is the price of no front plates and tinted windows still the same? 10 bucks if corrected.

Nope, its been raised, i recently recieved a fix-it for tinted windows and the chp said its $25 or $35.

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn yesterday I saw at least 5 chp's in 1 mile on 152 comming from gilroy so be careful ! Each officer had some one pulled over or was pulling some one over.

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
87Mustang Gt Conv kurgan tuned
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

Insurance Guy
¯
Member # 8241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insurance Guy  Ford pictures for Insurance Guy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
these fix it tickets are such bs. if the state would just make a proper budget then we would not have to deal with this raise in fines.

--------------------
01 GT Drop Top (R.I.P.)
02 GT Drop Top (Sold)
17 5.0 GT Coupe

Posts: 597 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm just wondering why we put up with all this crap. Imagine if all at once, someone were able to orchestrate that we just stop paying. Would they jail us all? They would have to fix everything all at once or surrender the country. But they get us all in small little incriments, one at a time. The middle class is geting wiped out of existance slowly but surely. [Frown]

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats great, your driving along and a bulb burns out you get a fine. [Roll Eyes] It's not like tint or no plate where its cool to roll around with a bulb out..... maybe it is, I'm not up on all the new trends. Might be a good idea to keep extra bulbs in your glove box so you can offer to throw one in on the spot to get out of the ticket. I used to keep extra bulbs I grabbed out of Pick N Pull.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
Might be a good idea to keep extra bulbs in your glove box so you can offer to throw one in on the spot to get out of the ticket.

Sounds like a great idea

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that's sucks donkey balls I heard about the bs $ increasement for fix it tickets in the paper. I guess my $10 no front plate and tint is now $50? Faaaahk! [Mad]

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com