Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Well, my store is finally closing.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Well, my store is finally closing.
87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You have all probably heard on the news that the Home Depot Company had many lay offs today. We announced that the Expo Design Center, HD Design Center, and Yardbirds are all closing as of April 1. We got word that everybody was to be on a conference call last night. Not only managers but regular associates as well. I knew then it was not a good thing. Good news is that I get a 4 month severance package since I am a salaried manager. Bad news is that I will have no job since Home Depot is not taking on any of us. 12 years of service with the company for nothing. Oh well, life goes on.

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ouch bro sorry to hear...this economy is so lost right now... [Roll Eyes]

[ January 27, 2009, 02:41 AM: Message edited by: SIC9250 ]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thats horrible... Two of my friends that work in a huge corporation (Eaton & Microsoft) are in the works of lay offs.

Hopefully you get into something soon [patriot]

2009 doesn't look too good, my company is doing well, we just hired salaried graphics/animation guys but nothings for granted..

As i say, stay on top of your game, education is infinity, learn as much as you can and advance into your career, never satisfy yourself, always strive for more and more.

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
to a company your just a number.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
djlopez916
¯
Member # 8787

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for djlopez916  Ford pictures for djlopez916  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol i worked for home depot in lumber/building materials worse job ever!!

--------------------
89 GT VERT work in progress
05 v6 stang
97 Ford expedition

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Bigjerry916:

Same here, i worked BOTH! My first job was at Lowes as a Building Materials..

How did it feel getting there at 6am and having a frikken customer lined up for 5 palets of concrete on his truck? THEEN of course, you would hand load 10-15 90lb or 60lb bags at 6:10am..

Ahhhhhh those days are well over.. NEVER going back..

P.S Wood cutting was hell, all sawdust and shizznit in your ears and clothes...

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
93ReefBlue5.0
¯
Member # 5780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ReefBlue5.0  Ford pictures for 93ReefBlue5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
to the OP sorry to hear [Frown] i worked at the HD on power inn for almost 4 years. back then we were living the good life... the economy f'ng blows today.... i've been outta work since december...
Posts: 1535 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
rgtrahn
¯
Member # 7133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rgtrahn  Ford pictures for rgtrahn    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry to hear your loss. I just resigned from The Home Depot on the 14th. My store was in a lot of trouble, although my store never did very well. We had to keep having our sales plan adjusted to make plan. I think it is just a matter of time until they have to actually start closing HD stores and laying off more employees.

haha, I left HD for a county job, the second day in I get a memo stating that I am going to have my hours cut starting Feb 1, 2009. Go figure... [Roll Eyes]

[ January 27, 2009, 06:35 AM: Message edited by: rgtrahn ]

SLPR93
¯
Member # 8769

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLPR93  Ford pictures for SLPR93  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
KEEP UR HEAD UP BEST OF LUCK TO YOUR FAM.
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
crossing my fingers for my company to stay open as well.... only 3 of us now..
Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 95GTConvtACE:
You have all probably heard on the news that the Home Depot Company had many lay offs today. We announced that the Expo Design Center, HD Design Center, and Yardbirds are all closing as of April 1. We got word that everybody was to be on a conference call last night. Not only managers but regular associates as well. I knew then it was not a good thing. Good news is that I get a 4 month severance package since I am a salaried manager. Bad news is that I will have no job since Home Depot is not taking on any of us. 12 years of service with the company for nothing. Oh well, life goes on.

Sorry to hear that man. The economy is really bad right now. I worked at home depot in 96-99 and got laid off as well. Try to get on with Smud or a city job. They seem to be pretty stable.

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
man that sucks but FU** Home Depot..... Im a vendor for them, or was i should say. Not naming my company but about 2 1/2 years back they wanted us to go exclusive to them (some district manager wanted to test his idea) and we didnt. And they booted us out of his district which is pretty much all of nor cal. Whats funny is the guys plan failed, we made 2 mill more just selling one product to various small companies AND he ended up quiting some short time after. And we're still not back in HD.

Side note, i know Almost all the Lowes Store managers in the bay and their District Manager. If you consider that route hit me up and ill put in a good word for you. [patriot]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That sucks.
They are opening a new Home Depot in Auburn they are hiring 150 poeple...

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hate hearing about this stuff. I may have to lay-off a couple of my employees soon if things do not pick up. I actually took a pay cut as did my partner and cut back on a few things to keep a few employees. Last thing I wanna do is lose quality people that I have come to have love for. Almost like family.

But best of luck to you. If you haven't already hit Monster.com, Careerbuilder.com, dice and all the others. There is also a big career day ting happening in Stockton.

87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks to all of you. I have been struggling to keep my head up at work knowing that I have nothing lined up in the near future. I have been networking to try and get into a Home Depot, but there is a hiring freeze with them as well. As for the Auburn Home Depot, they have all of their slots filled except for Part Time Temporary positions. Maybe I will just take this time to go to school. I heard that Obama just extended unemployment to two years today. Woo Hoo. 2 Year vacation for me.... I can always start selling drugs.lol. [Whoo Whooooo!] [patriot]

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry to hear Allen if I see something come up I'll let you know.
87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

I can be an informant.

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
allen hit me up tomorrow i just told the wife and she said to have you call me so i can tell you about an opening. you know where my wife is corporate for so hit me up . 916 600 4909 i got you

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
djlopez916
¯
Member # 8787

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for djlopez916  Ford pictures for djlopez916  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AL STOCK:
quote:

How did it feel getting there at 6am and having a frikken customer lined up for 5 palets of concrete on his truck? THEEN of course, you would hand load 10-15 90lb or 60lb bags at 6:10am..

lol ya seems like HD is always under staffed i eventually got fired for safety violations. i would have customers waiting for over a hour waiting for a pallet to be brought down. i would get fed up with paging mod's and drive that big bitch fork lift with no spotter gates lmao in bring that shit down!! They were on my nuts when the dpt hit budget till they found out i violated every possible rule to make shit happen. o well retail blows i was with best buy before for a few years to and it wasnt much better. I am in healthcare now and sad to say as long as their ill people i have full time hours that dont rely on a stores budget. And the best of all no more concrete in my nose!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
89 GT VERT work in progress
05 v6 stang
97 Ford expedition

87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

quote:
Originally posted by svt306snake:
allen hit me up tomorrow i just told the wife and she said to have you call me so i can tell you about an opening. you know where my wife is corporate for so hit me up . 916 600 4909 i got you

Thanks T., I left you a message.

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by AL STOCK:
quote:

yo bish that be my concrete you talkin about lol... and its 60s 80s and 94s lol..... i lift it on a daily basis [Razz]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

5LiterSpeeder
¯
Member # 8234

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5LiterSpeeder  Ford pictures for 5LiterSpeeder    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Unemployment isn't paying to bad, sign up while your looking for more work its definetly worth it! Good luck man im in the same boat.

--------------------
93'Ex 4cyl Notch TFS H/C/I 3.55s 4 wheel Cobra brakes, V2-SQ, 14 psi
RIP BRANDON, SILVERLX-

Posts: 561 | From: Healdsburg | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
Stevo
¯
Member # 972

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stevo  Ford pictures for Stevo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know for a fact Dish Network is hiring. Dish Network Careers Tell them Stephen Johnston tech #1592 Conroe, TX sent you.

--------------------
Av8er for life.....

Myspace is ghey!

Posts: 1072 | From: Conroe, TX | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yea my best friend works for the expo here in san jose. Luckily she still has a 2nd job where I work otherwise she'd be totally SOL. Hope you can find another job soon!

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

slidewayz94
CAFords OG
Member # 3101

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for slidewayz94  Ford pictures for slidewayz94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 95GTConvtACE:
I can be an informant.

Specialized positions are getting cut and realigned along with a hiring freeze. Hiring freeze started a couple months ago.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com