Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Assault Weapons and YOUR new president (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Assault Weapons and YOUR new president
Hozr
¯
Member # 6196

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for Hozr  Ford pictures for Hozr  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well, since i 'm sitting here a little bored I started reading about our new presidents agenda as found on www.Whitehouse.gov/agenda

Since the topic came up last year regarding the rush on weapons and such and why all the fuss/hurry to buy them up I figured I would share this with you all. Some said it would never happen, well here it is.

Address Gun Violence in Cities: Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent.

Well, there is one Right out the window. What's next, freedom of speech? Oh, that's gone too, anyone that speaks against the messiah gets silenced as well.

Fuck, here we go...and it's only day 1

--------------------
For every winner, there are dozens of losers. Odds are you're one of them.

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They support it...doesn't mean it's gonna happen.

And why exactly does someone need a AR-15? [Confused] Look up the expired ban...it's pretty specific in what's legal/illegal.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Hozr:
Well, since i 'm sitting here a little bored I started reading about our new presidents agenda as found on <a href="http://www.Whitehouse.gov/agenda" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">www.Whitehouse.gov/agenda</a>

Since the topic came up last year regarding the rush on weapons and such and why all the fuss/hurry to buy them up I figured I would share this with you all. Some said it would never happen, well here it is.

Address Gun Violence in Cities: Obama and Biden would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent.

Well, there is one Right out the window. What's next, freedom of speech? Oh, that's gone too, anyone that speaks against the messiah gets silenced as well.

Fuck, here we go...and it's only day 1

This has been the ONLY anti-obama rubbish I've seen since the innaugeration. defenitely made me lol.

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
sac 5.0
¯
Member # 2980

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sac 5.0  Ford pictures for sac 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
They support it...doesn't mean it's gonna happen.

And why exactly does someone need a AR-15? [Confused] Look up the expired ban...it's pretty specific in what's legal/illegal.

why dont you need a ar15?it is my right to have one that is why i own some.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am gonna borrow these from Don for a bit

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

70mach351
¯
Member # 7528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70mach351  Ford pictures for 70mach351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have 3 ar-15 based guns, there fun to shoot and reliable. Most popular long gun in america. There is a lot of shit people dont need but its a hobby. I work with a guy that has 5 thompsons, a belt fed 8mm and belt fed 50 cal, mp5, uzi, m16, grease gun, and the list goes on of automatic weapons. Just fun to shoot, there all in a shop in another state, but makes for a fun trip.

--------------------
70 Mach 1 gettin a make over
2001 Ford F250 Crew Cab 7.3

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
here's the real question, what do you need to be free for??????? just know that it wont stop at assault rifles, when they win one they will push for more. and this my friends is how democrats work, good luck to all of you hopefully we die in 2012!!!!!!

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
Pittsburg Mustang Owner
¯
Member # 6100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pittsburg Mustang Owner  Ford pictures for Pittsburg Mustang Owner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol guns aint that serious.
Posts: 1019 | From: Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
liftedF150
¯
Member # 868

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for liftedF150  Ford pictures for liftedF150    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

[patriot] pritty fucking stupid thing to be crying about to be honest guns are a hoby... back when they made the amendment it was used for pertection not just to have one cause i feel like shooting a gun... get over it

--------------------
GO SHARKS!

Posts: 3259 | From: Discovery Bay | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
John B why do you need a supercharger on your car or a bigger motor??

Maybe you should just give me those since a stock 302 will get the car moving down the road anyways.

I love all of my automatic weapons and the only way anyone will take them away from me will be....

-

-

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
jmcclesk
Member # 1355

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmcclesk  Ford pictures for jmcclesk    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fostang-you took the word right out of my mouth. we dont need supercharged 408's either, but it is your right to have them.

--------------------
Ford trained ASE master tech.

Posts: 4024 | From: marrysville | Registered: May 2002  |  :
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by liftedF150:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

[patriot] pritty fucking stupid thing to be crying about to be honest guns are a hoby... back when they made the amendment it was used for pertection not just to have one cause i feel like shooting a gun... get over it
IMO, owning a gun has everything to do with the 1st amendment and America itself as a nation. Our founding fathers made the 2nd amendment to defend the 1st. Throughout history, citizens that were unable to defend themselves were vulnerable and easily controlled. Our country's government is based on the system of checks and balances, and well, I believe the 2nd amendment is part of that. Keep in mind also, our country is relatively young.. only 200+ years? Who knows what could happen in the near future. God forbid America elects a Hitler one day - but if it does happen, at least citizens would be able to gather a militia to do something about it. The 2nd amendment wasn't primarily created for us because we "feel like shooting a gun."

Just my .02 [patriot]

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
banning guns aren't going to do anything, its just going to piss off lots of good citizens, trust me the drug dealers, gang members etc. will still be able to buy illeagal guns! and furthermore I agree some states gun laws needs to be improved (NEVADA), for california are gun laws are good enough!

Well see what happens?? maybe next they will ban freedom of press, how about religions?

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+ 100 for FOSTANG's comments. [patriot]

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fr5.0:
here's the real question, what do you need to be free for??????? just know that it wont stop at assault rifles, when they win one they will push for more. and this my friends is how democrats work, good luck to all of you hopefully we die in 2012!!!!!!

+1 thats the problem right there....you say "oh just let them take that away", but they will come back for more..it will never just stop there.. nobody ever looks at the bigger picture..

[ January 21, 2009, 11:10 PM: Message edited by: 68dustin ]

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3986 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't think the right to bear arms should be compared to freedom of speech & religion. The right to bear arms affects a niche group of people as opposed to religion & speech.

Not only that but there are many amendments & laws that were obviously dated to the times. It doesn't apear likely in todays U.S. That anoyne would honestly need certain types of weapons the same way we did when the country was in civil unrest.

Also if im reading the quote correctly they are imposing stiffer regulations & banning certain types of guns, not all rights to carry weapons. If u ask me the less weapons on the street the better.

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't know if it true. I heard that the amendment for us to own guns was to protect us FROM our government when it was written.
DLo
¯
Member # 6133

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DLo  Ford pictures for DLo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 50 Deep:
I don't think the right to bear arms should be compared to freedom of speech & religion. The right to bear arms affects a niche group of people as opposed to religion & speech.

Not only that but there are many amendments & laws that were obviously dated to the times. It doesn't apear likely in todays U.S. That anoyne would honestly need certain types of weapons the same way we did when the country was in civil unrest.

Also if im reading the quote correctly they are imposing stiffer regulations & banning certain types of guns, not all rights to carry weapons. If u ask me the less weapons on the street the better.

I had a coworker who shared the same logic as you. I explained to him using another analogy, but he didn't want to listen. How about this: banning weapons = less weapons on the street? I don't think so. For those of us who love our offroad x/h pipes, long tube headers, etc. etc, has that really stopped all of us from using those parts? For the most part, laws keep honest people honest. The ones who have the means and the want to - they'll still do as they please. Now I do agree with some form of gun control, for example, mentally ill people should not be allowed to own firearms for obvious reasons.

If the right to bear arms shouldn't have anything to do with the freedom of speech and religion, then why did the genius men who began this nation make it the very second amendment, immediately after the one that declares our right to freedom of speech? It was to protect it!

Furthermore, if you say there are amendments that are dated to the times, then could that mean some of them should either be changed or annulled? If that's the case, then many of us should be worried. What if one day, some power hungry politician decides that he/she is better than the average citizen, and that our voices shouldn't be heard anymore? What's the next step, then our votes won't mean anything because the politicians have our backs and they know what's best for us?

Like mentioned above, I completely agree with looking at it from the big picture.

--------------------
94 GT

Posts: 1876 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Fostang:
John B why do you need a supercharger on your car or a bigger motor??

Maybe you should just give me those since a stock 302 will get the car moving down the road anyways.

[worship] [worship] [worship] [worship] I'm not into guns at all but they can start banning anything, modifying cars is already a target and its only getting worse.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
here's the real question, what do you need to be free for???????

Give me a break, I've been fighting for your freedom longer than most of this board have had the thought of owning a Mustang, nevermind putting more rounds through a M16 than most of you could ever fathom.

It was a question. No one "needs" a AR-15, it's a want...and yes, a right...but in no way a need. The BS of your right to bear arms is being taken away is an extreme. I am all for the right, as well as the right that the 2nd amendment affords law-biding citizens; I too own a firearm.

It's simple...like any other hobby, all it takes is a few whack-jobs to ruin it for everyone else, thus taking steps (implementing laws) to further remove your ability to obtain said weapons.

Quite obvious that very few here took the time to read the expired ban. It specifically states what is/is not legal and the guidelines on what it applies to. Says nothing about your right to bear arms, nor does it state that you cannot buy them.
Yes, the ban is a joke; only two crimes have been commited with automatic weapons (or semi-autos that have been converted) since 1934 (when the automatic weapon ban was passed)...and one of those crimes was by a police officer, the other was the 1997 Hollywood shootout. As stated above, it only takes a few bad apples, a couple of Democrats on Captiol Hill, and a bill to be passed to screw it up for all.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Pittsburg Mustang Owner:
lol guns aint that serious.

why you think the police are going to protect you? A lot can happen in 8 minutes or however long it takes the first patrol car to get to your house.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone else read about the new law being proposed that makes you get a federal gun license before you can purchase ANY guns? It'll be just like CCW you have to prove why you need a gun and you'll get denied anyway.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

-

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
quote:
here's the real question, what do you need to be free for???????

Give me a break, I've been fighting for your freedom longer than most of this board have had the thought of owning a Mustang, nevermind putting more rounds through a M16 than most of you could ever fathom.

It was a question. No one "needs" a AR-15, it's a want...and yes, a right...but in no way a need. The BS of your right to bear arms is being taken away is an extreme. I am all for the right, as well as the right that the 2nd amendment affords law-biding citizens; I too own a firearm.

It's simple...like any other hobby, all it takes is a few whack-jobs to ruin it for everyone else, thus taking steps (implementing laws) to further remove your ability to obtain said weapons.

Quite obvious that very few here took the time to read the expired ban. It specifically states what is/is not legal and the guidelines on what it applies to. Says nothing about your right to bear arms, nor does it state that you cannot buy them.
Yes, the ban is a joke; only two crimes have been commited with automatic weapons (or semi-autos that have been converted) since 1934 (when the automatic weapon ban was passed)...and one of those crimes was by a police officer, the other was the 1997 Hollywood shootout. As stated above, it only takes a few bad apples, a couple of Democrats on Captiol Hill, and a bill to be passed to screw it up for all.

Yeah i agree but if we let this ban pass whats to stop them to say "oh this person just killed 5 people with a semi-auto handgun, lets do a semi-auto hand gun ban next."
Once they start taking away one right they will start taking away the rest. They start with the one they think is the easiest, AWB would be easy because not many people have them and like you said they aren't needed (unless we're invaded or something else) they are just a want.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

quote:
Originally posted by liftedF150:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

So when they start banning Mustangs cause they don't get good gas mileage and are poluters are you going to cry or just give up your mustang and walk away in shame?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Page: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com