Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Cobra #4868 r.i.p. turn 2 laguna Seca (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Cobra #4868 r.i.p. turn 2 laguna Seca
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I lost my black baby at Laguna Seca Dec. 23rd and wanted to post some pics. I had massive break failure and only suffered whip lash for a few days so I feel very lucky. I was wondering if someone could tell me how to post pics here as I'm sure I'll be sellling some parts as well. Got it all on incar cam as well. Any help would be appreciated

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
www.photobucket.com

under each pic is 4 links, choose the forum link, click on it, copy it.

paste that link into a post here, it starts with [img]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
1Sicgt
CAFords OG
Member # 714

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1Sicgt  Ford pictures for 1Sicgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
man that sucks. Any clue of what caused the failure yet?

--------------------
14 Focus TS ST3 full Stg3, ready for bigger Turbo
2003 Cobra Track Car

Posts: 8145 | From: Hitting the Apex | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn, sorry to hear that, but glad you're OK [patriot] I was really thinking about going to that even too when you PM'ed me. I would have hated to see something like that happen in person [Frown] Hope you get back in a stang soon [burnout]

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is the before and after. Thanks for the info on the photo bucket you guys, I hope it works. [Frown]

-

-

-

--------------------

WickedStang
¯
Member # 7692

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WickedStang  Ford pictures for WickedStang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
SUCKS to see happened! Looked like a really clean Cobra.

--------------------
04 mach1 BASSANI EXHAUST/C&L INTAKE
67STANG/CHP 347/BUILT C4/MOROSO DRAG SUSP.

Posts: 1581 | From: salinas831 | Registered: May 2007  |  :
93ReefBlue5.0
¯
Member # 5780

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93ReefBlue5.0  Ford pictures for 93ReefBlue5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that cobra looked super clean! good thing you are ok though, cars can always be replaced... got any plans for a new stang??
Posts: 1535 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
50 Deep
Jockin 03 Cobras
Member # 6216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50 Deep  Ford pictures for 50 Deep  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dude that sucks. Glad your ok though.

On a more selfish note What kind of hood were u running? What suspension mods did u have as I want my cars stance to be like yours? Also what u gonna do with that black interior? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Signature Wheel Ford Representative
Email: Terrance@Signaturewheel.com
Instagram: @Signature_Wheel_Mustang
Web: www.SignatureWheel.com

Posts: 6043 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Thanks for the sympathy everyone...I need it [Frown] The brake failure was all my fault because I was giving rides that day and sat in the pit lane to long when I came in hot. Totally heat soaked the brakes (which is Motul 600 fluid) when I was helping someones nephew strap in and got to preoccupied with there safety to forget about the obvious...my freakin brakes. I was doing about 90 down hill when the only thing I could say was "oh shit". Any one who has been to Laguna Seca knows how much brake you need here and it's not the place to lose them. It could've been a lot worse because if I hadn't come into the pits I would've been at speed and lost them at about 125 mph which I would be in much worse condition. Once I went through the run-off area (gravel traps) I hit the wall at about 40 mph which I've watched over and over on the in-car. One thing I am getting for safety is the Hans Device no matter how much they cost for me and any passenger. I did also get some strap bruising from the 5 points on my shoulders which worked phenominally...the only thing that moved was my head and neck. Yep, the first thing on my list is another mustang and of course money. I can't say enough about Griggs suspensions and the reliability of this car since I bought it bone stock in June of 99. It's never broken at the track and has done thing things at race tracks that just wow any passenger or GM rival.

--------------------

89bluenotch
¯
Member # 7454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89bluenotch  Ford pictures for 89bluenotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sorry about your ride thats too bad....but its good to hear your ok and you will be back at laguna beating your lap times before you know it!!!!! [patriot]

--------------------
-Gunnar
89 coupe
54 f100
R.I.P. SILVERLX

Posts: 1857 | From: HEALDSBURG | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

quote:
Originally posted by 89bluenotch:
sorry about your ride thats too bad....but its good to hear your ok and you will be back at laguna beating your lap times before you know it!!!!! [patriot]

Best recorded lap at Laguna Seca 143:53. I'm very proud of that one. Stock motor, the usual bolt on's, a computer tune and of course exhaust work. [burnout]

--------------------

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
also i dont know about your insurance coverage, but i heard a while back in another thread that some insurances will cover road race accidents, but not drag. You said you have an in car video, post that up [Razz]
aside from that, glad to hear youre ok [patriot]

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

quote:
Originally posted by bottled95GT??:
also i dont know about your insurance coverage, but i heard a while back in another thread that some insurances will cover road race accidents, but not drag. You said you have an in car video, post that up [Razz]
aside from that, glad to hear youre ok [patriot]

I'm going to call the insurance co. tomorrow but it doesn't look good for me. I've talked to many people about this which is why I haven't called yet and thanks for the advise. As far as the in-car goes, I'm going to try and put it up for you all so you can learn from my mistake. I'm gonna try to figure out how to post up video now and thanks again for all the advise people

--------------------

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Major ouch! Glad to hear that you and your passnger are ok though!

I have had a Griggs tubular k member/a arms on my car for years and love it. My car is setup for drag/street use but when I got the Griggs setup I bought it because it is super light weight and if guys like you are beating the hell out of it, hanging turns at high speed, it will surely hold up to what I'm using it for.

Good luck on the insurance and finding a new car.

[burnout]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sorry to hear about the accident!

I'm another Griggs guy that uses a Griggs K and A-arms on a daily driver...

So far so good.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Stevo
¯
Member # 972

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stevo  Ford pictures for Stevo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can upload videos to photobucket. Just FYI

--------------------
Av8er for life.....

Myspace is ghey!

Posts: 1072 | From: Conroe, TX | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn...sad to see the pictures [Frown] You planning to rebuild the car or start over? Don't mean to add salt to the wound, but are you going to be selling your Griggs parts?

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Here's how to talk to the insurance company

9cobra7: Hi, I'd like to report a claim on my car
Ins Co: Sure, can you explain what happened?
9cobra7: Yeah, I hit a wall at about 40mph
Ins Co: Where was the incident?
9cobra7: Monterey area.
Ins Co: Was there a police report filed?
9cobra7: No, the accident happened on private property

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well that sucks. I've spun twice, but haven't hit anything yet, knock on wood. Once coming out of turn 6 at Infineon on the first lap with about 30 cars right on my ass and another time at Thill on the back straight trying to out brake an M3. Glad to see you had the right safety equipment and walked away.
FoX GT
¯
Member # 4587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoX GT  Ford pictures for FoX GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Glad to hear you're okay. Can't wait to see you back out there!

[ January 08, 2009, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: FoX GT ]

--------------------
- AED -
03 Cobra 10th anni 3.4 Whipple 9.47@141
2012 Mustang GT 10.98@125
2015 Mustang GT

Bring what you got and hope its enough!

9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

I will be parting out alot of parts and will keep you all posted on this. Beleive it or not my k member (so far) looks to be intact but if you look at the pics closely, the other side of the car is totaly bent. My goal is to be at Button Willow Raceway in a new car by November 09 with a bunch of my friends and some of you road race guys on here. Passing a Z06 on a road course puts a big [Big Grin] on your face every time

--------------------

SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Consider getting just another body/frame and move the parts over.
Posts: 578 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I actually had a friend flip his car at the track and his insurance covered it. Because its not classified under racing but under some driving school and his insurance totalled his car and paid for it.

-GOOD LUCK

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you've got a tow vehicle, this would make one mighty fun track car. Although, there would be less satisfaction passing a Z06 in a race-only car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=110335278763

Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

quote:
Originally posted by NavidR:
I actually had a friend flip his car at the track and his insurance covered it. Because its not classified under racing but under some driving school and his insurance totalled his car and paid for it.

-GOOD LUCK

Yeah thanks for the insurance info, I'm gonna give it a shot and see if they cover this somehow. This was just a fun day at the track with an open track group so it might work. I ripped out the air bags and most of the interior and all the rear so it might look kind of funny to them. I just hope I get a cool adjuster

--------------------

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com