Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Xbox 360 Question (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Xbox 360 Question
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The hardrive on the xbox that comes off easily with the button....is that were all your saved information is.

If I took it off my xbox and put it on another xbox would it work. Does it have all my saved games and xbox live info on that?

I ask because I have access to a free working xbox with no ring of death. My xbox has a ring of death.

gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtowned  Ford pictures for gtowned    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yes that will be fine as long as you use your original hard drive.you have to do some migration bs when you transfer everything to new hard drive

--------------------
Taking terminators off the road one at a time...

Posts: 1106 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Send you old one in. MS has extended the warranties you nay still be able to get it fixed for free. If I understand you right this may be what you need.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/console/datamigration.htm

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sweet. So it would be just like nothing happend? This other xbox I have access to will be replace by my bad one [Wink]
gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtowned  Ford pictures for gtowned    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah it will be like you never changed 360's.then get ahold of ms and send in your other one.then youll have an extra

--------------------

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

My hardrive is good the box is bad. So I just want to swap hardrives.

Also how do I prove I bought the xbox,...I haven't got the receipt anymore. How do they check warranty? SN?

gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

you can buy that shit off craigs and send it in.as long as it hasnt been opened up internally then youll be ok

--------------------

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

quote:
Originally posted by gtowned:
you can buy that shit off craigs and send it in.as long as it hasnt been opened up internally then youll be ok

I'm about to go to MS site and read up but do you know if you keep your hardrive when you send in the box or do you need to send in your hardrive with the box?
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You keep the hard drive.
1800 4myxbox is the number. They have a automated thing that tries to help you fix it.

If you bought of cl and it was reported stolen to MS, you will not be getting your 360 back...lol.

[ December 05, 2008, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: N8 ]

gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

yeah you only send in the box.no cables,no hdd,etc.even though one of my buddies went through like 4 in 2 months so he had to send in his power supply too

--------------------

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

thanks for the info...I bought it new from target about 2 years ago
gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

i guess we can see who the gaming nerds are [Big Grin]

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
thanks for the info...I bought it new from target about 2 years ago

Yours should definitely be covered.

Damn straight I am a nerd... [Big Grin]

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

I nerd out all the time. Right now I'm just about to beat GOW II for the second time. Played it on hardcore and took all the right turns when forks in the road come up. Now playing on insane taking all the left turns when forks in the road come up. Next I'll play again on insane taking all the right turns again since things are way different from hardcore and insane. Not just being hard but how the enimies fight you and sequence is different too. I've yet to play it online though, I hate having to learn all the maps.
gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

oh man online is where its at.i havent even finished the campaign yet.all the fps games i get i play about half the campaign just to get used to the game then jump online

--------------------

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

I play the campains so I can master the weapons then father people online. But since I don't know the maps because I'm not playing online I always end up getting my ass handed to me anyway. I can say that out of ALL games that have a sniper rifle GOWII I have finally mastered that gun. I've always hated sniper shit but now....don't fuck wit j remymartin.

GO NERDS

Diamond Dave
¯
Member # 5023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diamond Dave  Ford pictures for Diamond Dave  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol, nerds unite! [Big Grin]

--------------------
1993 Taurus SHO MTX Red/Grey
-Stock hotness DD

Posts: 475 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Okay I switched boxs but the new box wont sign online. I didn't change shit, just the hardrives....keeps saying that the wireless can NOT pick up the IP from the modem. The green light on the back of the wireless thing on my xbox is lit. All the lights and information in my modem are correct. WTF!? I even tried turning off the security on the modem so no password was needed and it still didn't work. WTF
gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

turn off your xbox.reset your modem and network adapter.wait till everything is back up and initialized then turn the xbox back on.should work.and make sure your xbox is set to auto detect your settings for getting online unless you got crazy security settings then youll have to manually input

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

If you are using WEP or MAC Address filtering you will have to set those things back up. The new Xbox will have a diff MAC address.
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

The bitch at actiontec changed my wep password so I don't remember it. When I go to actiontec's page to look at the password it was blank. So I put in one, then went to the xbox and put it in and it still didn't work.

When you make a change to the modem it resets itself gtowned...and it after everything powered back up it still didn't work. Am I doing somethin in the wrong sequece? I don't remember it being such a pain in the ass!

Just beat it on insane during my lunch and I want to play online now.

gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

hit up chris83179.hes really good at all the networking stuff.

--------------------

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Thanks...everything at home is supposed to be idiot proof. When I get home I'll try the laptops to see if it is a wireless issue. If the laptops work then it is clearly a setting at the xbox.

Fuckin WEP and DCHC or whatever the hell that other thing is LOL.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

for future reference I have found that using MAC address filtering works a bit better and is easier to manage in some ways.

Also shouldnt you be able to get to your own router internally by putting 192.168.1.1 into your browser address bar, then check the settings in there? Do you remember the WEP question or answer? Or maybe I am just lost...lol. Also hit up ALSTOCK networking is his bag as well. It is kinda my weak point. But mine is setup with MAC address filtering.

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

I can get to the rounter no problem. As stated everything in there is set up as it was before. Must be a box issue.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com