Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » rant on a seller

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: rant on a seller
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
man, whatever happened to a man keeping his word. i contacted STEED about his coil-over kit and was first in line to buy it(so i assumed). i live in tracy and he lives in south sj, far drive. i ask him to ship it if possible and i would pay for shipping. i offered to paypal him upfront, but he refused. i understand that so i asked him if we can meet this saturday when i'm in the area. he says "sounds good" and now he updates his post and says it's sold. i mean if he needed money right away, i would have probably gone out there to pick it up late at night or something.

the thing is, he seems to not want to deal with flakers, but then he pulls a move like this. now that i don't get. i definitely will not deal with him again. lame seller.

http://www.californiafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=059959

badazlx
¯
Member # 4899

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for badazlx  Ford pictures for badazlx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sucks but what ya gonna do? move on. [patriot]

--------------------
03 mach bolt ons/125 shot

stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by badazlx:

all i can do is rant and then move on [Wink] . just letting others know the type of person they're dealing with.
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Weaksauce. I've had that happen before. It's a huge PITA.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
STREETFIGHTER50
¯
Member # 2973

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STREETFIGHTER50  Ford pictures for STREETFIGHTER50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah that's pretty wack! Foul coz u could've made other plans for the day. Sucks waiting around for shit that don't happen+a waste of time & gas [Mad]

--------------------
'89 Coupe-Kurgan Tuned 498/491RW, Vortech SI, 351W

Posts: 3925 | From: SF Bay Coastin' to Rocklin | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
TOPnotch
¯
Member # 1340

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TOPnotch  Ford pictures for TOPnotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Yeah move on. You mean like the deal we had that you never made good with me over a year ago. You know what I'm talking about. badazlx your a little too good at moving on with things if you ask me. [BS flag]

--------------------
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgoten!!!

1QWKCHP
1QWKDRP

STEED
¯
Member # 4787

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STEED  Ford pictures for STEED    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Listen, i've been burned on this site plenty of times. I even bought a set of heads that later had the spark plug threads stripped out. Not only was I out of the money, but I sent a pm and got his friends threats in return.

So everyone understands,
This wasn't one of those "have a guy make a drive out to meetup and you flake" things.

You said you give me a call in 2 days when you were in my area.
I told everyone I will not be shipping(you weren't the only to ask). I've had the old "i'll call you", "i'll be there tomorrow" stories 3 times with these parts specifically.
96mysticman called me and said he was on his way, showed, and I was glad to exchange.

I'm sorry if things didn't go your way.
I could've just said nothing and ignored your calls this coming sat, like others have done to me, but I updated the post.

But again, i've been burned on this SPECIFIC part by 3 different members in a span of 1 week.
The part cost $260 and I was selling for $75, and I had people telling me to lower the price.

I've learned that on this site if you're selling something, sell it to the first person who shows.
Or you'll be waiting around wondering what happened.

I've also bought and sold quite a few things here, and if anyone wants to NOT do business with me because of this post I am fine with it.

You are the first in the 8yrs i've been on this site to complain.

[ December 05, 2008, 04:50 AM: Message edited by: STEED ]

--------------------
Jason McCallum
TPS Motorsports GM
Origonal Stallions Member
89LX: Built, Stroked, & Blown
07GT: Blown
www.TPSmotorsports.com
408-370-1477

Posts: 892 | From: Cambell, CA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Well if he said he wouldn't ship, shame on you to ask. But really it doesn't sound like he did anything bad really. He didn't make you a promise. Maybe he should have called you and said hey I am selling it. But you didn't really lose anything by him not doing it. It has a hint of shady, but I wouldn't cast a super shadow on his word or anything.

Just my .02

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sounds fair to me. Granted you may have been first in line but someone local and a sure bet to sell in this economy was wiser on his part. I'm sure if you came out with money asap it would have been yours.

Paypal, shipping requests no matter how good your intentions are, are never easier than someone that shows up with cash.

I know if I find something I really want I'll do whatever I need to in order to get it. I've offered more money when I knew the item was wanted by others, I've skipped out on work to drive 2 hours for a $50 item....just depends how bad you really want it I think. I'll tell the seller I'm avail. whenever they are and then make myself avail.

But distance between the buyer and seller always makes it harder for both parties...sorry you didn't get the item but you aren't out gas or money.

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm going to have to agree with the seller here. He didn't do anything wrong. There are tons of flakes on this site, not saying the buyer is one, but when someone says "I'll call you tomorrow" or "we'll meet in a couple days" I take it with a grain of salt. The first person to show up with the money gets the item. It's the nature of this site that screwed the buyer on this one, too many flakes=sell to the first person who puts money in your hand.
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

all STEED had to mention was first come first serve and i would have made the drive out. the fact that he didn't mention that in the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd PM to me, i automatically assume his word was good and that we were meeting this coming weekend.

you only mentioned about not shipping after the i asked you about it and i assume others did too. it was not in the original post.

seriously though, if this site is that bad to deal with, maybe you shouldn't sell your parts here. i mean, i wouldn't if i think people here are all flakers.

i'm just bitter and a little ticked [Razz] . it was a great deal that could've have been mine if i was better informed by the seller.

have a great friday everyone [burnout] .

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like Philly Cheesesteak....

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by TOPnotch:
quote:

Yeah move on. You mean like the deal we had that you never made good with me over a year ago. You know what I'm talking about. badazlx your a little too good at moving on with things if you ask me. [BS flag]
I know exactly what you're talking about. [Roll Eyes] ---->badazlx

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
badazlx
¯
Member # 4899

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for badazlx  Ford pictures for badazlx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

ya like the 200 i gave you plus those bear brakes spindles that you told me that were worthless fox spindles that were worth noitheing but then turn around and sell them, the wheels i got from ya were ran on loose lugnuts and the holes were all ovaled out! but hey i have plenty of people that have had good deals with me. so ya im over it! [Big Grin]

--------------------

badazlx
¯
Member # 4899

quote:
Originally posted by svfreerider87:
quote:
quote:

and ya sorry i backed out of that but at first you didnt tell me that thing had 13 to 1 pistons with my heads, and plus my duaghter had been in the hospital so i had some unexpeded bills, and again i opologize.

--------------------

TOPnotch
¯
Member # 1340

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TOPnotch  Ford pictures for TOPnotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

and ya sorry i backed out of that but at first you didnt tell me that thing had 13 to 1 pistons with my heads, and plus my duaghter had been in the hospital so i had some unexpeded bills, and again i opologize.
WOW I sold you a set of wheels and tires, that has nothing to do with 13:1 pistons? I never had any dealings with heads or pistons with you. I thinkk you have burned too many people and can't keep your story straight. What the hell are you talking about? Yeah the deal was you traded me $200 + some sn 95 spindles & brakes. The spindles turned out to be some modified stock fox body spindles that were crap and I sold on E bay fo $60 And those wheels were never ran with loose lugnuts. Your so full of shit its amazing. This guy badazlx is full of lies and fabricated stories. CA ford members be ware!!!

--------------------
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgoten!!!

1QWKCHP
1QWKDRP

badazlx
¯
Member # 4899

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

WOW I sold you a set of wheels and tires, that has nothing to do with 13:1 pistons? I never had any dealings with heads or pistons with you. I thinkk you have burned too many people and can't keep your story straight. What the hell are you talking about? Yeah the deal was you traded me $200 + some sn 95 spindles & brakes. The spindles turned out to be some modified stock fox body spindles that were crap and I sold on E bay fo $60 And those wheels were never ran with loose lugnuts. Your so full of shit its amazing. This guy badazlx is full of lies and fabricated stories. CA ford members be ware!!!
the quote was suppose to be for svtfreerider, sorry for the confusion, and as far as buring britches your the only one that has a problem, the wheels were fucked up, but ohwell.

--------------------

svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

No worries, but a return to my pm, texts, and phone calls would have been common courtesy, it's bad business in my book, nothing personal, sorry to hear about your daughter btw hope all is well.

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
96mysticman
¯
Member # 8327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 96mysticman  Ford pictures for 96mysticman    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
man im kinda on the fence here i understand both sides and i agree with both sides all i can say is thanks steed and sorry stangin money talks [patriot]
JOEFOX87
¯
Member # 8331

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JOEFOX87  Ford pictures for JOEFOX87    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Look people, just be very blunt in your business dealings and both parties will be allright. Let people know what you have and what is wrong or could go wrong with the parts you are selling.

Buyers need to let know if they are coming, is it ok for the seller to wait, and anything else possible. I have sucessfully traded on Ebay and craigslist with no problems.

Again, be straight with your item description and buyers be straight on how and when the deal is to go down.

Posts: 824 | From: Union City, California | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

quote:
Originally posted by 96mysticman:
man im kinda on the fence here i understand both sides and i agree with both sides all i can say is thanks steed and sorry stangin money talks [patriot]

96mystic, there's no need for you to be sorry. it wasn't your fault. you're good, i hope you enjoy the c/o kit. actually let me know how it rides and handles when you get it installed. i still plan to buy the same kit, most likely direct from MM [Wink] . unless you decide not to use it, then let me know.

i hear ya on the money talks and BS walks, but i never BS that's why i needed to make this post.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com