Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » How man responsible Pit Bull owners on this board? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: How man responsible Pit Bull owners on this board?
90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just seeing how many are out there....breed gets a bad rap from irresponsible owners.

Also how many people cross the street when your walking your dogs? Or come up to you and tell you your dog will "Snap and kill you" when it hits age three?

2 Year old NALA:

-

6 Month old Rampage:

-

Mike

[ December 02, 2008, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: 90gtvert ]

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

SPIDER_STANG
¯
Member # 8658

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SPIDER_STANG  Ford pictures for SPIDER_STANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have 2 a blue nose girl & a red nose boy!! People tell me how nice they look but they don't say anything neg. They do assume that since their a pit that their mean!! They are very loyal & a great family dog!! People have just used them for fighting so they get a bad rap!! German shepherd, Blk Lab, Doberman have more bite cases then Pitt bulls do. I love my dogs & would want any other dog!! But on the real my dogs will bite someone in that ass if they come on the property!! LoL but their just protecting their home!! Why have a dog that nobody is scared off? I mean they don't have to be scared off your dog like that but just in case something went down & I wasn't home I would want my dogs to try & protect the house rather than wag their tall to some robbers looking for a treat!! LoL

--------------------
02 GT Conv Sold
92 LX coup Sold
94 Gt Conv
Spurs, Saints, Dodgers! We win baby!!

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ya, I'm out in Livermore, so its kinda gotten upscale, especially downtown. I take my dogs for walks down there, and people will either say something or hurry themselves and or kids across the street.

I even put 49er jerseys on them to try and make people less scared.

But ya, best family dogs period. If they are people aggressive there is probably something wrong with them and/or protecting there home.

My dogs get protective over my son when new people are around, all they do is bark and look mean, but if you yell or stomp your foot they go running off and hide under me lol

Mike

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

89bluenotch
¯
Member # 7454

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89bluenotch  Ford pictures for 89bluenotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my dad has a blue nose, one of the best dogs i have ever been around. its all about the owner imo and if that person gives a shit about training it and not abusing being an owner of a dog. i think all dogs have the ability to be a good dog.

i am picking up my new dog on friday. it is a newfoundland/lab mix should be on the plus size of 120 pounds maybe bigger when its full grown.

--------------------
-Gunnar
89 coupe
54 f100
R.I.P. SILVERLX

Posts: 1857 | From: HEALDSBURG | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
t top freak
¯
Member # 6269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t top freak  Ford pictures for t top freak  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i love pitbulls.

however they can be a handful just like with dalmatians and other dogs with a lot of energy. but in a loving environment with experienced owners they will be just like every other dog out there.

my neighbors had a damn flock of them and i used to wrestle with all of them when i was a kid. no bites or anything.

the only problem i have with them is when they turn into lap dogs...they aren't very graceful and my balls take a beating

--------------------
1994 cobra - sold!
1986 t top gt - parted out and sold!
on the hunt for another

Posts: 1023 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2BlueGeeTees  Ford pictures for 2BlueGeeTees    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have a red nose girl and a blue nose girl and they are sweethearst. the whole nieghborhood loves them the mail man brings them treats and the ups guy stops to play with them, i have between i and 3 people on there walk route that give them treats or stop and pet them, they are huge wusses i don't think the would attack somebody if they ran up in my house, thats okay though thats why we have so many guns, the dogs are great though
Posts: 2316 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
00NIGHTMARE
¯
Member # 1010

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 00NIGHTMARE  Ford pictures for 00NIGHTMARE  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90gtvert:

Also how many people cross the street when your walking your dogs? Or come up to you and tell you your dog will "Snap and kill you" when it hits age three?

2 Year old NALA:

-

That one looks like a humper. [Wink]

--------------------
00 black GT w/saleen kit & rims
T-Trim 597RWHP 475RWTQ 1.79 60. 11.2 @ 131.9 on 91 tune, not me driving. Built and tuned by Nextgen.

Posts: 533 | From: Livermore again | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Pittsburg Mustang Owner
¯
Member # 6100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pittsburg Mustang Owner  Ford pictures for Pittsburg Mustang Owner    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a "red nose" APBT, he just turned 1 on friday. Great dog but people always think he is a female cuz I named him shelby. I wanted to name him sir Charles. I need to get him fixed soon so if anyone wants some puppies lemme know! I want him to bust a nut before the scissors come out
Posts: 1019 | From: Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I do not have a pit, but was raised around them and a family that bred them. I think most problems with pits is their owners and the lack of knowledge and understanding of what type of dog they possess. One thing is for certain almost all breeds of dogs have some inherent tendency for aggression and confidence. But by nature and genetics the Pit tends to be on the higher end of the spectrum of aggression along with dobermans and shephards. I think that is where the irresponsibility starts. Pit owners must/should understand this. Also not knowing your dogs lineage is another point of irresponsibility. You might get the cutest pit ever and name him spot. But if his father was named Cujo and is 90-0 with shaking dogs out and his mother is big bertha with a even more impressive record. Than chances are you have a dog with a greater tendency for aggression. So buying a pit from your homie's back yard who supposedly breeds them is not always the best course. This breed is also susceptible to the fad of today. Which leads to mistreated, abandoned and abused dogs. Kinda like mustangs. Kids think they are cool so subject them to all kinds of crap.

Pit's are a extremely loyal, confident and protective breed. And if raised in the right home, can be very loving. So I am not saying they are killing machines. But because of the irresponsible owners who seem to outnumber the responsible ones the breed gets that bad rap. So you cannot blame the mother who walks the long way around to avoid your dog.

warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have 2 pitts. one black nose porsche & one red nose saleen. they are mother and daughter. many people on this broad have been to my house and know my dogs. they are super loving and attention whores. porsche (the mother) is very well trained and will attack only on commmand. she has never bit anyone...ask 96mysticman.. haha. saleen is a 110 lbs. baby. all she wants is to be petted. people see her and think that she is a killing machine. but soon as people get to know them they all just fall in love. in 8 1/2 years of owning them they have never bitten anyone. but that doesn't stop miss informed people of thinking they are blood thirsty dogs that will kill anyone that comes into my yard. one of the biggest problems with pitts is they are very animal agressive. that plus stuipd owners gives the dogs a very bad rap. their are alot more breeds that bite more often than pitts. but pitts are prey dogs and have been bread to fight/kill.(blanket statement) so when they do go bad. it's much worse than a few stiches.
n8 i don't blame the mother that walks the long way around. i blame the piece of shit that turned my dog.(in the eyes of some people)into a blood thristy dealer of death. pitts in the wrong hands is the same as a mustang a killing machine. [patriot]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

96mysticman
¯
Member # 8327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 96mysticman  Ford pictures for 96mysticman    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah the dogs dont bite but will scare the shit out of you lol [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!] [BS flag] im yelling for john to get his fucking dogs and he sits there laughing his ass off
90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

lol good stuff

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Most peeps that have pit bulls have them because they want to be tough and look cool. I go to the dog parks all the time and I can tell you that most of the bad incidents revolve around pit bulls being aggressive toward other dogs. The breed is aggressive and dominant by nature. I guess this makes the owners feel secure or tough or something. I also notice that most of the owners are mexicant or black. Its the dog that most ghetto people own. Hell they even spay/neuter them in cokeland for FREE because there's such a big problem with them. And they are the most common dogs found in the shelters. All because these idiots want to be bad ass and tough with their dogs. Lame.

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Well:
1) I'm not Black or Mexican
2) The breed is pre-disposed to dog aggression NOT human aggression, but a proper owner with responsible training, and socializing the dog from the get go eliminate this. However, pit bulls are not NEARLY as dog aggressive as some breeds, such as POODLES (not miniature ones).
3) I can iterate this enough. Pit Bulls are NOT people aggressive. If they show mild forms of this it is due to neglect/abuse, but can be trained out. if they show severe forms of this, then something is wrong with the dog from severe abuse/neglect and needs to be put down.
4) If you buy a dog to look tough, then indeed you need to give the dog up as that is starting things off irresponsibly.
5) They Spay and Neuter pitbulls for free in ALL of Alameda country, not just Oakland. This is due to the MANY irresponsible owners who just drop the dogs off. A lot of pitbulls in the shelters are also there because they DO NOT SHOW the amount of dog aggression dog fighters are looking for.

Please get your facts straight, as this is the type of ignorance I was pointing out with my initial post.

Thanks,

Mike

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

Blue91LX
¯
Member # 8320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue91LX  Ford pictures for Blue91LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I worked at a place in Fair Oaks today, Tearing down and rebuilding a fence shared by five nieghbors. My boss and i tore down the runs separating two of the houses. When we got to the third part that separates yet another yard from the one we are working in. My boss cut a hole in the fence with the skillsaw, stepped through than all the sudden this Pit start freakin the fuck out on the other side. He owns a PB thats mean but only when you come to his house and she doesnt know you. Anyway that dog fricken ended up being a pussy and just barked our ears off all day. Still made me a bit uncomfortable because we took down the fence that held it in the yard.

--------------------
Late Model High Performance
AEDHP.COM

Posts: 164 | From: Cameron Park California | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Actually cummins it all depends on where you are at. And many counties spay or neuter pits for free. If you are in a predominantly black city then yes you will have the owners be predominantly black. But I can tell you. I have a condo in San Diego and my neighbors all have pits it seems. Some are wanna be gangsters, some are wanna be bikers, some are wanna be artists. But all are white and equally irresponsible with their dogs. So stupidity know no color bounds. But yes like I said this breed is subject to the fads O' the day.

I think backyard breeders of this breed are a very big problem.

Just to note, my Pomeranian is pretty vicious too. Borderline bad-ass.

[ December 04, 2008, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: N8 ]

Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rigo5.0  Ford pictures for Rigo5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
Most peeps that have pit bulls have them because they want to be tough and look cool. I go to the dog parks all the time and I can tell you that most of the bad incidents revolve around pit bulls being aggressive toward other dogs. The breed is aggressive and dominant by nature. I guess this makes the owners feel secure or tough or something. I also notice that most of the owners are mexicant or black. Its the dog that most ghetto people own. Hell they even spay/neuter them in cokeland for FREE because there's such a big problem with them. And they are the most common dogs found in the shelters. All because these idiots want to be bad ass and tough with their dogs. Lame.

Most owners are black and Mexican huh?

LOL, it seems you have a tendency to say things to start internet squabbles and never have real input on the topic. But this one is really stupid!

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

Posts: 1454 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
1990GT50
¯
Member # 2119

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1990GT50  Ford pictures for 1990GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah I want to look cool.... Anyways I have some old pics of my teddy bear on this half-assed site I made. Hes 10mos in the picsa and a year and a half now. He has survived near death experiences twice already. Pure beast
http://www.remymartinpitbulls.com/

Edit: wait I forgot Im trying to look tough too... just thought I would let everyone know that... [Wink]

[ December 04, 2008, 10:45 PM: Message edited by: 1990GT50 ]

svfreerider87
¯
Member # 5748

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svfreerider87  Ford pictures for svfreerider87  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 1990GT50:
Yeah I want to look cool.... Anyways I have some old pics of my teddy bear on this half-assed site I made. Hes 10mos in the picsa and a year and a half now. He has survived near death experiences twice already. Pure beast
http://www.remymartinpitbulls.com/

Edit: wait I forgot Im trying to look tough too... just thought I would let everyone know that... [Wink]

Remy is the cleanest/ least agressive pit i've ever seen. [worship]

--------------------
Dreamspeed Motorsports

Posts: 1685 | From: Sunnyvale | Registered: Jun 2005  |  :
91LxStang
¯
Member # 8378

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91LxStang  Ford pictures for 91LxStang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got a blue nose and he's about 10 months now and all my neighbors tell me that your dog is going to snap and there mean dogs. My dog is a champ and hasnt done one thing yet to make me think that he is going to snap, but we trained that mofo good.
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90gtvert:
Well:
1) I'm not Black or Mexican
2) The breed is pre-disposed to dog aggression NOT human aggression, but a proper owner with responsible training, and socializing the dog from the get go eliminate this. However, pit bulls are not NEARLY as dog aggressive as some breeds, such as POODLES (not miniature ones).
3) I can iterate this enough. Pit Bulls are NOT people aggressive. If they show mild forms of this it is due to neglect/abuse, but can be trained out. if they show severe forms of this, then something is wrong with the dog from severe abuse/neglect and needs to be put down.
4) If you buy a dog to look tough, then indeed you need to give the dog up as that is starting things off irresponsibly.
5) They Spay and Neuter pitbulls for free in ALL of Alameda country, not just Oakland. This is due to the MANY irresponsible owners who just drop the dogs off. A lot of pitbulls in the shelters are also there because they DO NOT SHOW the amount of dog aggression dog fighters are looking for.

Please get your facts straight, as this is the type of ignorance I was pointing out with my initial post.

Thanks,

Mike

You just backed up a lot of what I said. Thanks buddy!

--------------------

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
Actually cummins it all depends on where you are at. And many counties spay or neuter pits for free. If you are in a predominantly black city then yes you will have the owners be predominantly black. But I can tell you. I have a condo in San Diego and my neighbors all have pits it seems. Some are wanna be gangsters, some are wanna be bikers, some are wanna be artists. But all are white and equally irresponsible with their dogs. So stupidity know no color bounds. But yes like I said this breed is subject to the fads O' the day.

Not singling you out but you said some thing that I mentioned earlier. So why is it that places neuter/spay pit bulls for free? Why is it that almost all homeowners insurance won't insure if there's a pit bull in the house? Why is it that its hard to find a place to rent if you have a pit? Its because the breed is considered dangerous and trouble. I don't care if who's pit is a good doggy I have friends that have well behaved pits too. But in general pits aren't dogs that just anyone should own. I think there should be a screening process to own one, but that's just unrealistic.

Yes they are very dog aggressive and they are mostly the ones starting fights in the dog parks. I saw this pit attack my friends dog, my friend grabbed the pit by the collar and hammer threw the sucker over the 5 foot fence and out of the dog park. Then the owner of the pit finally gets his ass up off the bench. Lo and behold, it was a mexican trying to act tough. Oh and don't mind all the stuff you hear in the news about some kid being attacked by a pit. I'm sure the kid deserved to get mauled. [Roll Eyes]

I do think that there's a lot of responsible pit owners out there. Anthony Johnson the UFC fighter goes to the same dog park as I do and he is a responsible owner. He even started some kind of pit bull association where they help with their behavior. But the majority of problem pits I see are owned by young mexicans or blacks thinking they are tough by having this "bad ass" pit bull. Then people like my friend throw them over the fence and out of the dog park. If pits in general were such good dogs then there wouldn't be all these behavioral reformation associations, difficulties getting home owners insurance, or problems renting.

[ December 05, 2008, 03:22 AM: Message edited by: cummins ]

--------------------

N8
¯
Member # 6048

quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

Not singling you out but you said some thing that I mentioned earlier. So why is it that places neuter/spay pit bulls for free? Why is it that almost all homeowners insurance won't insure if there's a pit bull in the house? Why is it that its hard to find a place to rent if you have a pit? Its because the breed is considered dangerous and trouble. I don't care if who's pit is a good doggy I have friends that have well behaved pits too. But in general pits aren't dogs that just anyone should own. I think there should be a screening process to own one, but that's just unrealistic.

Yes they are very dog aggressive and they are mostly the ones starting fights in the dog parks. I saw this pit attack my friends dog, my friend grabbed the pit by the collar and hammer threw the sucker over the 5 foot fence and out of the dog park. Then the owner of the pit finally gets his ass up off the bench. Lo and behold, it was a mexican trying to act tough. Oh and don't mind all the stuff you hear in the news about some kid being attacked by a pit. I'm sure the kid deserved to get mauled. [Roll Eyes]

I do think that there's a lot of responsible pit owners out there. Anthony Johnson the UFC fighter goes to the same dog park as I do and he is a responsible owner. He even started some kind of pit bull association where they help with their behavior. But the majority of problem pits I see are owned by young mexicans or blacks thinking they are tough by having this "bad ass" pit bull. Then people like my friend throw them over the fence and out of the dog park. If pits in general were such good dogs then there wouldn't be all these behavioral reformation associations, difficulties getting home owners insurance, or problems renting.

I actually agre with everything you said, beyond the most owners are black or mexican. But you cleaned it up by now saying "But the majority of problem pits I see are owned by young mexicans or blacks thinking they are tough by having this "bad ass" pit bull." So if that is your experience who am I to say anything different. But prior you stated as a well known global fact. But I can tell you. My place in SD overlooks a popular dog park and yes the owners with the pits seem to be in more problems than the others. So I agree there. It is just that none of them are black or mexican.

So all in all I agree with you Cummins, just not on the demographic of pit owners. The knuckleheads with these dogs gives the breed a really bad name.

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Since the misconceptions seem to be flying left and right here (except about irresponsible owners) please see:

http://www.badrap.org/rescue/myths.cfm

and www.badrap.org

I'm a member! [Whoo Whooooo!]

Responsible owners and knowledgable people FTW!

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

N8
¯
Member # 6048

I tend to not agree with a few points in that badrap myths link. But the big hinge is owners who are not responsible. So everything no matter what circles back to that, no matter the argument. But to say that a pitbull does not have a more natural disposition to protecting in territory/owners in a violent manner or it is not on the higher end of the aggression chart (along with other breeds). Is like saying a Golden Retriever does not possess the natural instinct to retrieve. Be it a good owner or not. If you do not understand this, there is a mild form of irresponsibility there. Not saying nothing bad about you 90vert.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com