Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Suspension

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Suspension
j0eyabs
¯
Member # 1026

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for j0eyabs  Ford pictures for j0eyabs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just wanted to get some opinions on a suspension upgrade on my 08 Bullitt. The car is a street car and a daily driver so I dont need something outrageous like the Eibach R2's but i do want the car lower. I was looking at either getting H&R Street-Perf. Coil-Over for about 1100 or Steeda Ultra Lite springs and a set of shocks from them. Is it worth the extra cash for colilovers or is there something better in that range?
Posts: 767 | From: California | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
03gtPONY
¯
Member # 5337

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03gtPONY  Ford pictures for 03gtPONY  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
daily driver = springs and shocks

occasional track days = coilovers

u can do either one for a DD but i'd go with a springs and shocks setup. if you want it to handle even better lca, uca, etc.... coilovers give you the option of how low you want to go. but everytime you change the ride height you change your camber and will need alignment. its up to you. if you do go coilovers KW's are the way to go.

[ November 23, 2008, 05:03 AM: Message edited by: 03gtPONY ]

--------------------
*Sleeper GT* nuff said

j0eyabs
¯
Member # 1026

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for j0eyabs  Ford pictures for j0eyabs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Arent KW's pretty expensive?
Posts: 767 | From: California | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com