Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Drunk Driver Hit My Turbo Coupe (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Drunk Driver Hit My Turbo Coupe
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got hit last night by a drunk driver in front of my house in my Turbo Coupe, I just unloaded it from the trailer and was pulling into my driveway. So far it looks like the drivers quarter panel is jacked and it needs a rear bumper and passenger side tail light. I hit my head on the Cage, I felt fine until a few hours after the accident, my head hurt like hell, my shoulders and neck are hurting today. The POS that hit me even tried to take off on me after seeing the damage of his car, so I had to stop him from driving away by blocking his drivers door until the Cops showed up. I had just brought it home from Tobias Motorsport after getting some work done. I was really surprised the guy had a insurance, but so far it looks like he does. Lets see how his Insurance Company takes care of me on the damage on my Coupe.

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Camaro Kid Z/28
¯
Member # 3100

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camaro Kid Z/28  Ford pictures for Camaro Kid Z/28    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That sucks,hope it works out for you in your favor!? [Frown]

--------------------
1973 Camaro Z/28(clone)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2649130
"4-eyes forever essay!"

svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
glad to hear that you are ok man other than being sore.

[ November 23, 2008, 01:56 AM: Message edited by: svt306snake ]

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
Pure Stang
¯
Member # 7251

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pure Stang  Ford pictures for Pure Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow that sucks. glad you are ok! i hate drunk drivers!!

--------------------
HEART BREAKER

R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt) you will be missed brother.
04/24/87 - 11/23/2012

90 lx 347 RIP
86 gt
89 lx- next project

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lee that's what happens when you have nice shit

you bring ok cars in and out of the house for years, then you have a cool car you like and some asshole bashes it [Mad]

how bad is the damage, can it be fixed without being a total loss from a chassis straighness perspective

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

91MSDFox
¯
Member # 8749

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91MSDFox  Ford pictures for 91MSDFox  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hop eeverything turns out for you fine bro

--------------------
quote:
Originally posted by jordan_0806:
jae jae has one but it's usually doing donuts in his car while he's video taping....

Slow05GT
¯
Member # 8408

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slow05GT  Ford pictures for Slow05GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Did you atleast get to punch his punk ass in the mouth before the cops got there he was drunk so he wouldn't remember [Big Grin] !! lol.... But sorry to hear about that hope your shit gets fixed an he gets what he deserves!!!
Posts: 2233 | From: Natomas, ca | Registered: May 2008  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lee, sorry to hear. I'm sure you're aware, but take pics of EVERYTHING. In this day and age, insurance co's try to get out of everything...

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn man that sucks sorry to hear that.

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The funny thing was that the guy actually thought I was going to hit him, he begged me not to hit him, LOL, and he was bigger than me. I dont know if the damage is fixable or not, it was hit after the rear wheel and the trunk opens and closes fine, for a street car it might be fixable but for a track car I might have to get another body, too early to tell. I do have a feeling that the Insurance Company is going to screw me, since the Coupe has no insurance or registration, its a track only car, the Police didnt care since the accident happened in front of my house. Another worry is my Coupe is a 4 cylinder conversion, so a blue book value is very low, so I would say they are going to offer me something very low.

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

its50
¯
Member # 4069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for its50  Ford pictures for its50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn sorry to hear that.i seen u pretty pissed off in person and u sure surprised the hell out of me.that guy must have seen what i saw and shitted bricks and thought u were going hit em with a 2 peice.lol.good luck bro
Posts: 940 | From: 510..fremont.. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That sux! Especailly since you weren't really even driving the car around.. just unloading it [Frown]
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
Rinna90
¯
Member # 6850

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rinna90  Ford pictures for Rinna90    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it cool if u can get money for the car but the real money is in personal injury go to the doctors and all that shit thats where u get money.
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Well he had insurance, but they dont want to pay personal injury because my Mustang is a Race Car and it was on Public Street, even though it was in front of my house, and they only want to pay 70% on the Damage, so it might be time to get an Attorney, here is a pic of the damage.
 -

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i could be wrong but that doesnt look to bad AT ALL.......

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Well, we will see, I will go the body shop this week, only thing that bugs me is that the tire rubs bad on the inside when it didnt before and now the fender gap is real close behind the wheel.

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn that sucks alot... I'm sure a good body shop can get her staight again. I know how it feels to have your stang hit ... Good luck with the other persons insurance [patriot]

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
87Mustang Gt Conv kurgan tuned
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

Cm4hawks
¯
Member # 5231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cm4hawks  Ford pictures for Cm4hawks    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a buddy thats works for Jacks body shop and he is doing side jobs Lee if you want him to look at it

--------------------
2007 Ford Expedition
2004 Dodge Ram 2500

Posts: 1818 | From: Pacheco CA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
514 Mullet
¯
Member # 7402

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 514 Mullet  Ford pictures for 514 Mullet    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by racsirx:
Well he had insurance, but they dont want to pay personal injury because my Mustang is a Race Car and it was on Public Street, even though it was in front of my house, and they only want to pay 70% on the Damage, so it might be time to get an Attorney, here is a pic of the damage.

Does not matter. You should know by now that insurance companies will always try to screw you first on a payout. It would not have mattered if you were driving it around, muchless pulling tnto your driveway. He hit you. Legally, he's the one who cannot be on the road drunk. Even if you had hit him the law would uphold your side based on that alone. But as you said, you are contacting an attorney. It will go much simpler after that is done.
Posts: 215 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2007  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So did the cops cuff and stuff him? Tell his insurance company that their off is a joke and you are forced to contact an attorny. He could have killed someone and they want to pay 70% of damages? F that
solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for solbrothers  Ford pictures for solbrothers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is the car registered and insured? if not, you're SOL
season'd 88
¯
Member # 169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for season'd 88  Ford pictures for season'd 88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB

[ December 16, 2008, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: season'd 88 ]

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sue the shit out of that guy, make him regret ever going out and drinking. Make him feel so aweful he never goes out again because that is what needs to happen before this idiot kills someone.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Well the drunk driver did get arrested, I hate that his insurance company doesnt seem to care about me. I hit my head hard on the 10 point cage, I have had headaches for the first 10 days straight and on/off after that, I ended up seeing a Chiroprator, which seemed to help which I ended up paying for that out of my pocket. So far his Insurance Company sent two agents over to look at the Mustang and spent two hours with me and telling that they will only pay a percentage of the damage, $1800, and that was it, because my Mustang was a Race Car and wasnt street legal, not registered, not insured, and I wasnt wearing my seat belt. I dont have factory seat belts in the car, I just have a 5 point harness, I didnt think I needed to strap in just to pull it off the trailer. I really cant believe this is happening to me.

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

514 Mullet
¯
Member # 7402

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 514 Mullet  Ford pictures for 514 Mullet    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Make your life simple and call an attorney. Do not accept any checks from their insurance company.
Posts: 215 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2007  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com