Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » The 2010 mustang is UGLY!!! (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: The 2010 mustang is UGLY!!!
Saleenssc14
¯
Member # 7791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saleenssc14  Ford pictures for Saleenssc14    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i went on the ford mustang webpage and am really disappointed. The mustang on has 315 hp!!! WTF camaros are gonna smoke us!!! I really felt let down.

--------------------
Carlos Munoz

Posts: 1156 | From: Union City | Registered: Jul 2007  |  :
Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The real race is the number of cars sold. And I just don't see GM selling many V6 Camaros which is where the money is.

As far as performance goes, the Mustang already has strong aftermarket support. With the economy the way it is, who knows how well the V8 Camaro will sell. Parts manufacturers may be slow to develop for it until they see there is a viable market.

In any case, when a kid finds out what his insurance premium will be with a 422hp car, they may end up buying a cheaper-to-insure Mustang instead.

--------------------
1985 Mustang GT: 351W, Griggs, Baer, etc etc

Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
drop92
PITUDO
RACING 415
Member # 1323

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drop92  Ford pictures for drop92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
here are some pictures of the new stang. it looks alot like a europian car IMO

http://www.stangnet.com/2010-Ford-Mustang/At-Last-the-2010-Ford-Mustang-081117.html

Insurance Guy
¯
Member # 8241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insurance Guy  Ford pictures for Insurance Guy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
unfortunatly with the way the world is everyone is so crazy about mpg. they only way in the future to get a lot of horse power is to add aftermarket stuff to your ride.

and if thats gonna be gone then i am switching to motorcycles.

--------------------
01 GT Drop Top (R.I.P.)
02 GT Drop Top (Sold)
17 5.0 GT Coupe

Posts: 597 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
Slow05GT
¯
Member # 8408

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slow05GT  Ford pictures for Slow05GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
not really my buddys corvette comes factory with 400hp an gets 32 mpg im a ford man but they really need to step there game up!
Posts: 2233 | From: Natomas, ca | Registered: May 2008  |  :
87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn I can't wait to see the saleens and cobras!!! I kinda like it

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
87Mustang Gt Conv kurgan tuned
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

Insurance Guy
¯
Member # 8241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insurance Guy  Ford pictures for Insurance Guy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9svtcobra8:
not really my buddys corvette comes factory with 400hp an gets 32 mpg im a ford man but they really need to step there game up!

they do need to step it up

--------------------
01 GT Drop Top (R.I.P.)
02 GT Drop Top (Sold)
17 5.0 GT Coupe

Posts: 597 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
saleen_freak
¯
Member # 6521

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saleen_freak  Ford pictures for saleen_freak    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like the way it looks tho. Definately a nicer look in my opinion.

I have a S-351 and I put in like 8k before I felt like it was fast. 480rwhp. I think that is Mustangs intention. So that we can do our own upgrades to make each mustang our own unique mustang.

Posts: 211 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Feb 2006  |  :
92_5.0
¯
Member # 7624

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92_5.0  Ford pictures for 92_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it looks kinda like an infinity G35 from the back [Big Grin]

--------------------
Infineon/Sears point? same difference!
11.8 @ 115 mph @ Sac Raceway
411 rwhp 402 trq (old set up)
540 rwhp 517 rwtrq (new set up)
ET's to come

gtowned
¯
Member # 8156

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for gtowned  Ford pictures for gtowned    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfie351:
Parts manufacturers may be slow to develop for it until they see there is a viable market.

the problem here is they are using a lsx based engine so the aftermarket parts for these camaro's already has more available parts than any modular mustang.

--------------------
Taking terminators off the road one at a time...

Posts: 1106 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jan 2008  |  :
Daniel50
¯
Member # 5629

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel50  Ford pictures for Daniel50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the 2011 mustang will have more than 315hp. they will switch to the 5.0 soon

--------------------
89 2.3- Sold
91 5.0- 12.7@110 sold
94 5.0- 13.0@105 sold
97 Cobra: Sold
95 5.0- sold
95 5.0-bone stock

Posts: 1017 | From: Discovery Bay, CA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  :
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 92_5.0:
it looks kinda like an infinity G35 from the back [Big Grin]

+1
ugotsmoked
¯
Member # 6069

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ugotsmoked  Ford pictures for ugotsmoked    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i like it. i dont care how much hp it has. you can make pretty much anything fast. Looks WAY better to me.

--------------------
02 GT - Fully built and blown - RIP
'00 C5 Frc - Cammed and tuned - sold
66 Nova - Restored - 6.0 In the works

Posts: 1585 | From: Rocklin, Ca. | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
iron281
¯
Member # 80

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iron281  Ford pictures for iron281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It looks better than the 05-09, but its still too bloated– without any real style of its own. The 05-10 cars look like a facsimile of a Mustang. The front end of the 67-68, and the rear end of 69-70. But with none of the muscle, or originality of body line of the older cars. In short, its boring to look at. The 94-98 cars are still the best looking modern era Mustang.

Since the newer Mustang is suppose to be reminiscent of the 67-70 cars, lets see what the real thing looks like by comparison.

-

[ November 18, 2008, 11:12 PM: Message edited by: iron281 ]

Posts: 385 | From: San Jose, California | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
TR1
98COBRA.COM
Member # 296

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TR1  Ford pictures for TR1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Not really into it. Kind of ugly just a twist on the 05. Kind of like they were too lazy to put any real thought into it.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/the2010mustang/

--------------------
Yep.

Posts: 1381 | From: Bay Area, CA. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will be the first to say that I think it has potential. Take away those gay rims and add a nice Saleen kit with suspension and I think that you have a winner. I am interested to see the cobra version.

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by iron281:
The 94-98 cars are still the best looking modern era Mustang

ditto
Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like it [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

75 chevy
¯
Member # 6717

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 75 chevy  Ford pictures for 75 chevy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like it...Its called evolution & change.

Horsepower issue... Yes Ford may have less horsepower than Chevy. BUT, The Chevy's are heavier. Thats why they need more horsepower.

When I raced GM's products with my S197. I did beat them. And in some situations the GM's had more mods then me. And I still won. Yes, I did loose as well. But that wasn't my point. [patriot]

--------------------
2009 prius
1975 monza

Posts: 1917 | From: california | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
NiftyWhiteFifty
¯
Member # 4320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NiftyWhiteFifty  Ford pictures for NiftyWhiteFifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
For the most part i like it. The front end looks more "muscle car-esque" more defined body lines. over all good job on the design [patriot]

only part i don't like is the taillights

--------------------
'05 F150 4x4

Rinna90
¯
Member # 6850

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rinna90  Ford pictures for Rinna90    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Kinda looks like the new maro mixed with a 05-09 and really fat and heavy lookin.
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
not a fan of the new body styles at all, there ok but I think ford needs to step it up with the HP but again MORE HP means more $$$$$ up front!

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
AbominableSnoman...
¯
Member # 8290

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AbominableSnoman...  Ford pictures for AbominableSnoman...    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i LIKE it..

its sick.. definitely has potential!

dropped with wheels.. super sick...

--------------------
"I aint no crip, but i bleed blue..."

essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't think it's much of a change but every girl I spoke to you thinks it's "cute." As someone touched those V6 cars is where the money is at and I think they targeted their market well.
iceman302
¯
Member # 7180

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for iceman302  Ford pictures for iceman302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like some angles and not others. I will wait to see the real thing before passing final judgement. Pictures can be funny sometimes.

Is the Boss/Hurricane 6.2L V8 finally a thing of the past or has it been revived again? I had heard that they were going to introduce the new Mustang and F-150 with the current engines and then bring in the new engine around 2011. Is this off the table again?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Boss_engine

--------------------
'65 Mustang Fastback

Posts: 4171 | From: Rancho Murieta | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com