Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » anyone doing any side detailing (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: anyone doing any side detailing
RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Looking for someone to detail my 2007 Denali. I get the truck washed weekly at the car wash in town but want someone to spend some extra time getting it ready for winter.

What I'd like is a hand wash, clay bar and a synthetic wax. No carnauba please it doesn't last in the snow. Vacuum and clean interior, clean and condition seats. polish wheels etc.

I figure this job is a good 4 hours worth of work. Let me know how much you would charge for something like this.

--------------------
SR

Posts: 2292 | From: San Ramon | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
Slow05GT
¯
Member # 8408

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slow05GT  Ford pictures for Slow05GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It"ll cost about 200 hundred at a dealership... I worked for ford before they close an I Believe if you want an all out job like that ist a couple hundred bucks.
Posts: 2233 | From: Natomas, ca | Registered: May 2008  |  :
RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RiddlerGT  Ford pictures for RiddlerGT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got quoted around 100 at a detailing place down the street that i know does good work. I was looking at it in the sense of helping someone out. I'd rather give my 100 bucks to someone that needs it rather then a ford dealership.

--------------------
SR

Platinum Detail
¯
Member # 8026

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Platinum Detail  Ford pictures for Platinum Detail  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i am a professional detailer mobile too ive had my buisness for 3 yrs now lic & insured
im up dating my site but check it
autoplatinumdetail.com

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by RiddlerGT:
I figure this job is a good 4 hours worth of work.

[BS flag]

x 2+ maybe.....

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

look a wax and clay bar is not 8 hours.. but i'm not here to argue that.. please lets stick on topic

--------------------
SR

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:
I figure this job is a good 4 hours worth of work.

[BS flag]

x 2+ maybe.....

yup!

my boy did my car, it took him like at least 6hrs to wash my car, clay bar, polish, and wax it.....

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

i think you guys are severly missing the point..I dont care if it takes 2 or 6... say you are 16 years old and make 10 bucks and hour before taxes. You work an 8 hour shift you make 80 bucks then after taxes, SS etc you take home 65 give or take. I was targeting this towards someone who was young wanted to make an extra 100 to go take his gf out get druck do bang a hooker i dont really care...

--------------------
SR

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You get what you pay for, when you post about the swirl marks the 16 year old kid polished into your truck in the job he got done in 2 hours, remember..... You get what you pay for....

--------------------

RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

are you slow or something...this post was not intended to have a cheap wax done... obviously you dont have the iq to understand what I was trying to acomplish.

kid needs money, on a car site usually can wax a car.. I give money to kid. kid is happy just made 100 bucks for 6 hours of work- kid takes gf to movies and gets laid...

--------------------
SR

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

quote:
kid needs money, on a car site usually can wax a car.. I give money to kid. kid is happy just made 100 bucks for 6 hours of work- kid takes gf to movies and gets laid...

And you get "what you pay for."

Congrats!

LMFAO, wash, Clay, polish, wax, interior detail, wheel polish, 4 hours, $100 ON A FUCKING SUV.... I'D SAY YOU'RE THE SLOW ONE WITH THE LOW IQ without a doubt, LMFAO

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

[ November 14, 2008, 01:40 AM: Message edited by: hidnn.o.s. ]

--------------------

Daniel50
¯
Member # 5629

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daniel50  Ford pictures for Daniel50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
clay bar can take up to 4 hours. especially on a big suv. then you add wax, interior clean, hand wash, wheel detail your looking at 8-10 hours of work. you really want to pay a 16 year old 100 dollars to your truck up?

--------------------
89 2.3- Sold
91 5.0- 12.7@110 sold
94 5.0- 13.0@105 sold
97 Cobra: Sold
95 5.0- sold
95 5.0-bone stock

Posts: 1017 | From: Discovery Bay, CA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Dre 650:
i am a professional detailer mobile too ive had my buisness for 3 yrs now lic & insured
im up dating my site but check it
autoplatinumdetail.com

that before and after on the pontiac and mr2 are WOW@!

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

thanks everyone..i spoke with Dre 650..

PS this site has severly gone down hill. The days of value add are over. I think my days are done here.

PS...Hidnos if you re read my first post I never put a price on it. I said tell me how much do you want. I was using $100 dollars as a reference.

--------------------
SR

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

PS...Hidnos if you re read my first post I never put a price on it. I said tell me how much do you want. I was using $100 dollars as a reference.

Actually, by saying you were quoted "100 at a detailing place down the street that [you] know does good work." and rather giving your "100 bucks to someone that needs it rather then a ford dealership", you pretty much established how much you want to spend.

I don't detail cars for a living, but trust me, I'm probably way more meticulous that most people. washing clay barring, waxing a car.. and taking care of interior is more than 4 hours of hour. If you do a competent job that is. A Ducky's type of wax job would prob take 2-3 hours.. but i would never do that to one my vehicles.

And to the guy that said to take it to a dealership? wtf? i'd never let a dealership wash my vehicle, most of the time they have underpaid kids doing the washing with dirty rags, who don't, i mean seriously don't, give a crap about your vehicles paint. why would you expose your car to that?

I think you are too busy reading your own posts and not reading the content of other people's replies.
No one said anything about how much you wanted to pay or the intention behind helping a kid out.

people simply stated that a decent job that you requested could not be done in 4 hours.
What's so offensive about that? is it true? yes.
to which you said, i just want some underpaid kid to do it to help him out. Those might be noble intentions, but others simply told you, you get what you pay for, which is yet again, true.

why so offended? why are you done with the site?
What has the site done to you? haha.
At the end, you ended up contacting, not an underpaid kid, but someone who does this for a living. much better choice. Your car will not be full of swirl marks now.

BTW, let me know how it turns out. I need my car washed and i'm not trying to get anyone laid, by hooker or gf, i just don't have the time to do it myself.

[ November 14, 2008, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

--------------------
=(

Slow05GT
¯
Member # 8408

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Slow05GT  Ford pictures for Slow05GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jmir018:
quote:

Actually, by saying you were quoted "100 at a detailing place down the street that [you] know does good work." and rather giving your "100 bucks to someone that needs it rather then a ford dealership", you pretty much established how much you want to spend.

I don't detail cars for a living, but trust me, I'm probably way more meticulous that most people. washing clay barring, waxing a car.. and taking care of interior is more than 4 hours of hour. If you do a competent job that is. A Ducky's type of wax job would prob take 2-3 hours.. but i would never do that to one my vehicles.

And to the guy that said to take it to a dealership? wtf? i'd never let a dealership wash my vehicle, most of the time they have underpaid kids doing the washing with dirty rags, who don't, i mean seriously don't, give a crap about your vehicles paint. why would you expose your car to that?

I think you are too busy reading your own posts and not reading the content of other people's replies.
No one said anything about how much you wanted to pay or the intention behind helping a kid out.

people simply stated that a decent job that you requested could not be done in 4 hours.
What's so offensive about that? is it true? yes.
to which you said, i just want some underpaid kid to do it to help him out. Those might be noble intentions, but others simply told you, you get what you pay for, which is yet again, true.

why so offended? why are you done with the site?
What has the site done to you? haha.
At the end, you ended up contacting, not an underpaid kid, but someone who does this for a living. much better choice. Your car will not be full of swirl marks now.

BTW, let me know how it turns out. I need my car washed and i'm not trying to get anyone laid, by hooker or gf, i just don't have the time to do it myself.

HMM seems you miss read some of the post yourself buddy! If you read his post it says, let me know how much you'll charge for something like this hence I said at a dealership it would cost around 200.... Just giving him a ruff estimat on how much it would cost him. Thank you!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 2233 | From: Natomas, ca | Registered: May 2008  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
i think you guys are severly missing the point..I dont care if it takes 2 or 6... say you are 16 years old and make 10 bucks and hour before taxes. You work an 8 hour shift you make 80 bucks then after taxes, SS etc you take home 65 give or take. I was targeting this towards someone who was young wanted to make an extra 100 to go take his gf out get druck do bang a hooker i dont really care...

in that case, my boy does exterior detailing. he did my car a few weeks ago and came out great!

he can vacum and armor the interior, but he mainly does exterior and not complete interior detailing

we are in san jose, pm me for more details if u are interested

thanks

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

quote:
are you slow or something...this post was not intended to have a cheap wax done... obviously you dont have the iq to understand what I was trying to acomplish.

lol

--------------------
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

RiddlerGT
Midnight King
Member # 113

dre 650 is out doing my truck right now I will let you know how it turns out.

--------------------
SR

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9svtcobra8:
[QUOTE]HMM seems you miss read some of the post yourself buddy! If you read his post it says, let me know how much you'll charge for something like this hence I said at a dealership it would cost around 200.... Just giving him a ruff estimat on how much it would cost him. Thank you!! [Big Grin]

No, i read that.. he says. give me a price for something that should take 4 hours of work.

You gave him a possible dealer's quote... why would even some take it there, or compare the price to that of a dealership i dunno.

To which he replied. got quoted 100 blah blah blah.. reread my long post.

anyways. looking forward to Dre650s review.

--------------------
=(

hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

From Dre's site, I'm sure the truck will turn out great!

--------------------

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
i spoke with Dre 650..

Good Choice [Whoo Whooooo!]
Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
Platinum Detail
¯
Member # 8026

Ford Icon 10 posted      Profile for Platinum Detail  Ford pictures for Platinum Detail  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ha ha i got the $$$ im not sixteen but im gettin laid 2 night lol nice to meet you RiddlerGT wish i had more time to talk but i had 2go
5.0_707
¯
Member # 5893

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5.0_707  Ford pictures for 5.0_707    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
any pics? [Whoo Whooooo!]
Monte
¯
Member # 7536

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monte  Ford pictures for Monte    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
damn i just detailed my whole car this saturday. started at 9am ended at 330pm washed it, clay bar, clean whole interior and wax. Good work is well worth it though!
Posts: 606 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Mar 2007  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com