Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » yup so umm F(&yt paypal

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: yup so umm F(&yt paypal
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so yeah...paypal blows ass. just took $315 from me on the buyers word that they didn't get their product as described. So I have no product in my hands and am out $315. WTF!? [Mad]
90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check out www.paypalsucks.com

I went through something where I was selling a used electronics product that I had sitting around fro THREE years, advertised it as used and sold as is.

Short story, Paypal put a 180 hold on the 3k dollars because I couldnt show a reciept of purchase FROM THREE YEARS ago, and that I was tryng to sell the product as NEW. No once did i say it was new, the buyer said he recieved it and it was happy with it. The buyer told paypal that it was used and said it in the add.

Paypal is horrible. just check that site if you have any doubt.

Mike

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

http://www.110octanephotography.com

90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90gtvert  Ford pictures for 90gtvert    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
According to PayPal accepting their ToS (Terms of Service) in effect means you waive your rights to credit card consumer protection laws if you want to use their service, and that you may not issue a chargeback for unauthorized use of your credit card and PayPal account, or if you do, then they have the right to limit your account.

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I guess the buyer has until the 22nd to send back what he got and provide paypal a tracking number for it. If he doesn't by the 22nd then he forfits the $315. If he sends them a tracking number then he gets the $315. Basically when I get it back I'm just going to tell paypal he mailed me a bunch of news papers and submit a claim. Fuckin bitches.
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Before a dispute is claimed, you should have been able to state your side of the story. If you sold it as is or stated the condition with pictures they can't take your money. I am almost certain they are required to return the product to you. It's happen to me once and they denied the charge back dispute because I listed exactly what I had with pictures and stated that I got it a sealed replacement from the manufacturer and I had no means of testing the product any problems should be directed to them.

But there are trolls out there that will get you and if you trade a lot online the chances are you ran into one of them. Even if you did a cash deal, the other person could hound you all day saying they want a refund, so the outcome is relatively the same.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maybe he paid you by credit card through paypal. No win there. Paypal will bend over for Credit card companies. Sorry it went bad for you.
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

I did give my side of the story. Sent them copy of signed shipping label from the buyer, sent them the original ebay posting stating, used, as is, NO RETURNS. Still didn't matter. I don't know what the fuck they based it on but I got shafted. They litterally took his word for it and gave him back his money. So bascially they are telling sellers....doesn't matter what you do you will be screwed. I followed all of paypal's shipping "TIPS" to protect myself as a seller.
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
I did give my side of the story. Sent them copy of signed shipping label from the buyer, sent them the original ebay posting stating, used, as is, NO RETURNS. Still didn't matter. I don't know what the fuck they based it on but I got shafted. They litterally took his word for it and gave him back his money. So bascially they are telling sellers....doesn't matter what you do you will be screwed. I followed all of paypal's shipping "TIPS" to protect myself as a seller.

Unfortunately it's not the first time I have heard this happen. Have you tried calling them about it? But I feel for you. It's happen to me also.
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what was the dispute anyways? what was the exact complaint from the buyer..just curious.

fyi, ebay as you know owns paypal and recently made it mandatory to use paypal for payments unless you pickup. its pretty jacked up.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

They claim item was not as described. Thats it. Then I read paypals claim policy and I did everything they say to do and the buyers claim is nothing of what they say it should be when filing a claim "not as described".

Not as described ebay says example: bought a book and received a empty cd case.

This guys says I sent him different model numbered item. Fuckhim...I'll just re-sell it on ebay when I get it back and try again.

TR1
98COBRA.COM
Member # 296

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TR1  Ford pictures for TR1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Paypal stole $60 from me because I did not cash it out in time or something. I will never use it again.

--------------------
Yep.

Posts: 1381 | From: Bay Area, CA. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
Basically when I get it back I'm just going to tell paypal he mailed me a bunch of news papers and submit a claim. Fuckin bitches.

Do it! Keep us all posted on what happens, I use PayPal quite a bit and am always worried about this happening. I thought they wouldn't do anything if you can prove the item was shipped and it was sent to a confirmed address. I always print my shipping labels and pay for the shipping right there on PayPal so there's no doubt to them it was shipped, when it was shipped and where it was sent. Good luck and please let us know what happens!

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Got my money back. Buyer had until the 22nd to send paypal shipping confirmation of returning the item to me. They never did so paypal closed the case and refunded my money. Buyer was full of shit the whole time. He knew, I knew it, paypal still took his side though but I know for a fact the buyer was scared I'll just say I never got it. Which was my plan all along. Bastard. Still mad at paypal though. They gave the guy 10 days and sent him two reminders to send it back. Bitches.
mustang928
¯
Member # 2123

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for mustang928  Ford pictures for mustang928    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Same thing happen to me, earlier this year... Sold some wheels for $250($310 total shipped) on ebay and the buyer said they weren't as described(LIAR). He filed a claim with paypal and told them they were the wrong part #.

Paypal found in his favor, I paid $140 to ship them and I guess after finding out how much it would cost to send them back, scammer changed his mind, and only left me NEG feedback. I haven't sold anything since, had 100% feedback prior to this and had been on ebay since 99. So, the seller is basically screwed now!!!

Posts: 333 | From: CALIFORNIA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  :
90gtvert
¯
Member # 8697

Everyone really needs to visit:

www.paypalsucks.com

Not a joke site at all and is 100% serious.

Paypal royally screwed me and I found other people that have been boned, and are now in a class action lawsuit with Paypal.

Mike

--------------------
90 GT Vert
93 GT

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Yeah I'm thinking he didn't want to take the chance of me filing my own claim AND he would lose his shipping fee's from KS to CA. I know I'll keep using paypal though. From my 270+ transactions this is the only one gone wrong so far.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com