Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » I unlocked my first iPhone today!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: I unlocked my first iPhone today!
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I picked up an iPhone last night that was supposed to be unlocked but when I put my T-mobile SIM card it would lock the phone down. After watching several videos on youtube I decided to try it myself. The phone has to be restored using iTunes but they made it register the phone at the end of the process so it wouldn't work with anything other than ATT. I flashed this thing like 30 times last night trying different things and finally figured it out.... I'm stoked! If anyone needs a phone unlocked let me know, I've got all the files and programs to do it now.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Venomized93
Founding Member
Member # 55

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Venomized93  Ford pictures for Venomized93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its pretty easy huh. Did you use winpwnge?

--------------------
2018 Tesla Model 3 Performance

Posts: 2077 | From: San Francisco, California | Registered: Oct 2000  |  :
Chris C.
¯
Member # 1949

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris C.  Ford pictures for Chris C.    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So what does jailbreaking your phone do exactly? I have att, and havent really seen the purpose of hacking it just yet, with the exception of using another provider, which doesnt apply to me. [Confused]

--------------------
-1990 Coupe

Posts: 636 | From: San Jose, Ca | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
03gtPONY
¯
Member # 5337

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03gtPONY  Ford pictures for 03gtPONY  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
besides being able to use another carrier that uses sim cards, u can use third party applications, add games and what not. u can always put it back to normal with ziphone. but make sure you put it back to the way you got it before you make a warranty claim because it will void it. I had the 2g and went in to replace my battery, but i changed the edge icon to a 3g icon and all the geeks at the apple store were trippin out. so i put it back to normal and went to another apple store [Big Grin]

--------------------
*Sleeper GT* nuff said

drop92
PITUDO
RACING 415
Member # 1323

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drop92  Ford pictures for drop92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i use to unlock iphones on the side, i did about 20 a day when they first came out, ZIPHONE is the easiest way to jailbreak a iphone or touch
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I guess the newer software updates are making it harder and harder to unlock them now. I used quickpwn but even following the directions exactly as posted it wouldn't work. I decided to unplug the cable after doing the restore before the iPhone rebooted and connected to iTunes. I was frustrated and when shit messes with me that bad I obsess on either finishing it or breaking it.

--------------------

Abandon him.

drop92
PITUDO
RACING 415
Member # 1323

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drop92  Ford pictures for drop92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
I guess the newer software updates are making it harder and harder to unlock them now. I used quickpwn but even following the directions exactly as posted it wouldn't work. I decided to unplug the cable after doing the restore before the iPhone rebooted and connected to iTunes. I was frustrated and when shit messes with me that bad I obsess on either finishing it or breaking it.

i have the older firmware for iphone if you need it. it makes it easier to if you have the itunes 7.4 or older, i have those to if u need it
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

quote:
Originally posted by 302DROP:
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:

i have the older firmware for iphone if you need it. it makes it easier to if you have the itunes 7.4 or older, i have those to if u need it
Thanks, I'll hit you up if I run into any problems doing them in the future. I've got a couple people that want me to do phones and an iPod touch for them so that's where I'm starting.

--------------------

Abandon him.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com