Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » State Ref??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: State Ref??
drop92
PITUDO
RACING 415
Member # 1323

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drop92  Ford pictures for drop92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
has anyone got a state referee ticket? i just got one today for my xhaust.. i was mad [Mad] [Mad] i was driving hella slow and the CHP pulls me over for my xhaust. he took pictures of everything in my hood, under neath the car, he even pulled out a measuring tape and measured the bumper to the ground.......

i never had a ticket before. what are the consequences?

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
fix the ghetto shit, make appointment with ref, pass inspection, go on with life...don't do the same ghetto mods that attract cops.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
BOOSTED92GT
¯
Member # 8650

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOOSTED92GT  Ford pictures for BOOSTED92GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what exhaust does your car have?

[ November 10, 2008, 02:15 AM: Message edited by: BOOSTED92GT ]

--------------------
71 f250
68 coupe, soon to have terminator motor/trans/irs

drop92
PITUDO
RACING 415
Member # 1323

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drop92  Ford pictures for drop92    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BOOSTED92GT:

loudmouth with no cats
Justa2V
¯
Member # 3749

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Justa2V  Ford pictures for Justa2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That's funny I had the same setup but all I got was a fix it ticket, you must of been doing something to attract the attention.

--------------------
2014 GT500 Blk/Blk PP - On the way
2014 GT500 DIB/Blk PP
2006 Explorer XLT
2003 Lincoln Aviator
2002 Mustang GT
2000 Mustang
1998 Stg. 1 Roush

Posts: 1015 | From: The Valley | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
drop92
PITUDO
RACING 415
Member # 1323

it was the chp, i was doing like 7MPH.. i was looking for a address
illwill510
¯
Member # 3788

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for illwill510  Ford pictures for illwill510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That sucks bro. I would try taking it to court(if you can) and hope he dosent show up. I have been pulled over for other things than loud exhaust, fought everyone and the cops never showed up for court.
Posts: 785 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
drop92
PITUDO
RACING 415
Member # 1323

quote:
Originally posted by illwill510:
That sucks bro. I would try taking it to court(if you can) and hope he dosent show up. I have been pulled over for other things than loud exhaust, fought everyone and the cops never showed up for court.

yeah but now n days cops always show up, i have a way to get out of it and getting the ticket dismissed,
JOEFOX87
¯
Member # 8331

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JOEFOX87  Ford pictures for JOEFOX87    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
fix the ghetto shit, make appointment with ref, pass inspection, go on with life...don't do the same ghetto mods that attract cops.

true, true. I think you gotta go and have a noise test with another exhaust setup. Pay $10 and send the ticket with the ref noise back to court. Put back your old exhaust setup back and walla! , then go on with life until you get ticketed again.

[ November 10, 2008, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: JOEFOX87 ]

Posts: 824 | From: Union City, California | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by *302DROP*:
quote:

loudmouth with no cats
With this setup you do give the cop a reason to pull you over. The lm's sound great, especially with no cats, but this is the price you have to pay. Even at idle this setup is still loud.
badazlx
¯
Member # 4899

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for badazlx  Ford pictures for badazlx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if ya look on the back of the ticket there is an option to trail by written declamation or something like that, basicly you write out your side of the story and send it in "dont have to show up to court" and then the officer has to fill out a bunch of paper work and fill out his story and thats it, most of the time the officer doesnt even bother, so a search on it, this has gotten my cousin out of 5 tickets [Eek!]

--------------------
03 mach bolt ons/125 shot

Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
weren't you going to buy hood locks just for this reason?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 532Fastback:

OWNED -

Marvin-la-dora, see what happens when you be thinking your shits a lowrider in SSF. Stop bumping that " la-koo-karacha la-koo-karacha" track with the top down and youll be coo!!

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
has anyone got a state referee ticket? i just got one today for my xhaust.. i was mad [Mad] [Mad] i was driving hella slow and the CHP pulls me over for my xhaust. he took pictures of everything in my hood, under neath the car, he even pulled out a measuring tape and measured the bumper to the ground.......

i never had a ticket before. what are the consequences?

Just swap back to stock exhuast parts (headers, pipes, cats, airbox) and take it to the state ref.

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
Wicked Motorsports
¯
Member # 8702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wicked Motorsports  Ford pictures for Wicked Motorsports  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
CHECK MY POST

--------------------
92Fobra GT40/E303/BBK/Mac's (sold)
89notch 306HO/TFS1/BBK lt's
89CHP 331/5spd/LT's/LM1's (RIP)
65 331/HCI/TCI trans/SOLD

Posts: 2604 | From: 831salinas | Registered: Oct 2008  |  :
Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:

loudmouth with no cats
if you run an annoyingly loud exhaust system setup what do you expect? just put some flowmasters on and be done with it. just my 2 cents

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :
1sic50
¯
Member # 6684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1sic50  Ford pictures for 1sic50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 532Fastback:

yeah marv you should of got those hood locks
LOL... that does sucks that you got pulled
over for that it happen to me to but i got no
ticket good luck on yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------
90 gt W/Vortech S-Trim power adder
99 Explorer W/5.0
87 crx honda WNP!!!!

Ford 4 Life Enough Said Don't Hate

Posts: 534 | From: GOTHAM CITY | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com