Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » work comp question

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: work comp question
SheerSliver03
¯
Member # 6589

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SheerSliver03  Ford pictures for SheerSliver03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my doctor said i have a week off because of a burn on my hand, now my boss is saying it is my responsibility to find a person to cover my shift, is that true?

[ October 23, 2008, 05:54 PM: Message edited by: SheerSliver03 ]

--------------------
2003 Altima SE
1970 Mustang Coupe *Sold

Insurance Guy
¯
Member # 8241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insurance Guy  Ford pictures for Insurance Guy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that is 100% untrue. it is your employers responsability especially considering that they are making you take the time off.

--------------------
01 GT Drop Top (R.I.P.)
02 GT Drop Top (Sold)
17 5.0 GT Coupe

Posts: 597 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
SheerSliver03
¯
Member # 6589

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SheerSliver03  Ford pictures for SheerSliver03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats what i figured, they have been shady about my whole injury anyway

--------------------
2003 Altima SE
1970 Mustang Coupe *Sold

stanger50
20yr club
Member # 1665

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stanger50  Ford pictures for stanger50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
where the fuck do you work at? thats some fucked up shit. companies get shady soon as someone gets injuried.

--------------------
1998 Cobra SVT convertible
Bright Atlantic Blue (1 of 247)

20 year club.

Insurance Guy
¯
Member # 8241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insurance Guy  Ford pictures for Insurance Guy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stanger50:
companies get shady soon as someone gets injuried.

+1

--------------------
01 GT Drop Top (R.I.P.)
02 GT Drop Top (Sold)
17 5.0 GT Coupe

WEST_BAY$_FINE$T_COUPE
¯
Member # 8169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WEST_BAY$_FINE$T_COUPE  Ford pictures for WEST_BAY$_FINE$T_COUPE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
FUCK THAT SHIT CALL HUMAN RESOURCES ON THEM FUCK THAT SUE THEM 2 THATS HELLA FUCKED UP YOUR BOSS IS INCHARGE OF WHO COMES IN TO WORK NOT YOU ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU ARE INJURED WTF KINDA B.S. IS THAT

--------------------
90COUPE
02SALEEN
90HTACKBACK (SOLD)
93 HATCHBACK (SOLD)

**I RIDE HYPHY SHIT**

xvt's 85 5.0
¯
Member # 4765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xvt's 85 5.0  Ford pictures for xvt's 85 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
be very careful of what you say or do, and what ever they tell you to do, you better recorded or ask for it in writing, but if I were you I'd invest in one of those recording players and use it when you talk to them, it could come in handy for the future. I wouldn't complaint to HR if I had no evidence because is your word against theirs, and you know who HR is going to believe.

--------------------
CBR 600RR
CBR 600 F4

SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEMPERFI510  Ford pictures for SEMPERFI510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You do not need to find anyone to take your position. That is his job. [patriot]
Posts: 1766 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
hidnn.o.s.
¯
Member # 1219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hidnn.o.s.  Ford pictures for hidnn.o.s.        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by xvt's 85 5.0:
if I were you I'd invest in one of those recording players and use it when you talk to them, it could come in handy for the future.

Unless you TELL THEM they are being recorded, nothing that's said can be considered. If you tell them they're being recorded after you speak to them, anything said prior to the recording where you tell them about it, is not admissable (sp?)

--------------------
R.I.P. Willie G. You are missed on this forum

WEST_BAY$_FINE$T_COUPE
¯
Member # 8169

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for WEST_BAY$_FINE$T_COUPE  Ford pictures for WEST_BAY$_FINE$T_COUPE    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
THATS TRUE U CANT RECORD SOMEONE WITH OUT THEIR CONSENT SO THAT WOULDNT BE ABLE TO WORK IN COURT

--------------------
90COUPE
02SALEEN
90HTACKBACK (SOLD)
93 HATCHBACK (SOLD)

**I RIDE HYPHY SHIT**

xvt's 85 5.0
¯
Member # 4765

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xvt's 85 5.0  Ford pictures for xvt's 85 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:
if I were you I'd invest in one of those recording players and use it when you talk to them, it could come in handy for the future.

Unless you TELL THEM they are being recorded, nothing that's said can be considered. If you tell them they're being recorded after you speak to them, anything said prior to the recording where you tell them about it, is not admissable (sp?)
Now I know, but regardless you should ask for information in writing, and hope that they're dumb enough to give it to you.

--------------------
CBR 600RR
CBR 600 F4

SheerSliver03
¯
Member # 6589

I have been talking to my boss through text messages, so its all written down.

Im not looking to get money from them, just my times to heal...which the doctor said would be about a week or so. I ccan talk to them tomorrow and see what they say about the sitiuation

--------------------
2003 Altima SE
1970 Mustang Coupe *Sold

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Honestly with the way the economy is going right now, doing the right thing which is to tell these fuckers to fuck off would be just. But if your job is important to you, how hard is it to get somebody? Employer backlash is illegal but in the meanwhile your broke as fuck when your not working. If the job isnt that good of a job, i'd tell them to fuck off, milk disability for as many weeks as you can to fuck them over, then be a punk ass when you get back to get them to fire or lay you off so that you can collect unemployment for 6 months. Then find an attorney to take your case and sue their asses.
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
did the injury happen while on the job, or not?

if it happened on the job, it's on them.

if it happened while you weren't 'on the clock' it's on you, from what I understand

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
adower
¯
Member # 5955

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for adower  Ford pictures for adower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SheerSliver03:
my doctor said i have a week off because of a burn on my hand, now my boss is saying it is my responsibility to find a person to cover my shift, is that true?

I work as a workers compensation assistant adjuster. If this happened on the job they are totally wrong. It is their job to find someone to cover your job. Did you report the injury? If you want I can ask some senior adjuster tomorrow at work.

[ October 24, 2008, 12:05 AM: Message edited by: adower ]

--------------------
98 Cobra
Griggs
S Trim
HRE

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You can record all your conversations involving workmans comp. You also do not have to tell them.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

SheerSliver03
¯
Member # 6589

quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:
Honestly with the way the economy is going right now, doing the right thing which is to tell these fuckers to fuck off would be just. But if your job is important to you, how hard is it to get somebody? Employer backlash is illegal but in the meanwhile your broke as fuck when your not working. If the job isnt that good of a job, i'd tell them to fuck off, milk disability for as many weeks as you can to fuck them over, then be a punk ass when you get back to get them to fire or lay you off so that you can collect unemployment for 6 months. Then find an attorney to take your case and sue their asses.

Honestly i really do not NEED the job, its just extra money for me really for my car. I am trying to avoid a whole big issue involving myself because im going into law inforcement so i dont feel like adding to the hiring process. I just think its wrong up how she is acting.

oh yeah i was on the clock, with the owner standing next to me. when the burn happened she looked and said "that looks like it hurt" and walked off. so i had to give myself the first aid

--------------------
2003 Altima SE
1970 Mustang Coupe *Sold

Insurance Guy
¯
Member # 8241

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Yaterstang:

Honestly i really do not NEED the job, its just extra money for me really for my car. I am trying to avoid a whole big issue involving myself because im going into law inforcement so i dont feel like adding to the hiring process. I just think its wrong up how she is acting.

oh yeah i was on the clock, with the owner standing next to me. when the burn happened she looked and said "that looks like it hurt" and walked off. so i had to give myself the first aid

if i were you i would give her hella parking tickets or something after you become a cop. thats so fucked up of her.

--------------------
01 GT Drop Top (R.I.P.)
02 GT Drop Top (Sold)
17 5.0 GT Coupe

stangless
¯
Member # 1414

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangless  Ford pictures for stangless    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hidnn.o.s.:
quote:

Thank you, i was also gonna bring this up. the whole covert recording deal is a touchy subject, not only for the inadmissibility, but for other possible charges.

quote:
Originally posted by 2stangs69-91:
You can record all your conversations involving workmans comp. You also do not have to tell them.

Really? didn't know. where did you get this info from?

quote:
I have been talking to my boss through text messages, so its all written down.

those tms might not be admissible either, i dunno unless there is some exception like 2stangs69-91 mentioned. Perhaps, one could argue there is some expectation of privacy even through tms. [Confused]

Good luck, bro. shouldn't be your responsibility.

[ October 24, 2008, 07:24 PM: Message edited by: Jmir018 ]

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com