Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Elite XC, bankrupt? (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Elite XC, bankrupt?
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://msn.foxsports.com/boxing/story/8702128/Reports:-EliteXC-closing-up-shop?MSNHPHMA

All because of one comment made by the dude that whooped Kimbo. I hope they didnt get paid with post dated checks.

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that show was a make it or break it for elitexc. the drama that ensued after the kimo debacle left a sour taste in cbs’s mouth despite the good ratings. they were actually in talks in purchasing elitexc. the fighters get paid for sure as the athletic commission requires that a certain amount of money is secured before the event can start to cover the fighters pay. the bright side of this is that their top fighters will go to other organizations and have better fights.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good. Fuck that show.
AL STOCK
Its All Stock
Cuzzon
Member # 1852

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AL STOCK  Ford pictures for AL STOCK  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Maybe they should start a new organization called "Youtube Elite"

--------------------
.:: FANATICS ::.

93 Cobra Teal
93 Cobra V Red
90 SSP
SVT Raptor
Huracan Rosso Mars
E63s W213 Selenite Gray
C7Z M7 Daytona Sunrise

Posts: 6498 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Sep 2002  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Funny.

I think it is ridiculous to think, however, that there is no fixed fights going on now that ELITE is outta the picture..

[Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by N8:

All because of one comment made by the dude that whooped Kimbo. I hope they didnt get paid with post dated checks.

i don't think his comment was a big part of their collapse. they just don't have the fighters like ufc does, different leagues of fighters. it's kind of like the nba and d-league. elite fighters are up and coming, but not quite "there" yet.
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:
Funny.

I think it is ridiculous to think, however, that there is no fixed fights going on now that ELITE is outta the picture..

I gaurantee that UFC has fixed fights

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
quote:
Funny.

How can you make that gaurantee? No one has leaked anything ever. They match up fighters how they want sure but I doubt people are taking falls for money in the UFC.
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
quote:
quote:
Funny.

How can you make that gaurantee? No one has leaked anything ever. They match up fighters how they want sure but I doubt people are taking falls for money in the UFC.
Come on Jdub, how can you say that? Money makes the world go around bro, anything is possible.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jdub07:
quote:
quote:
Funny.

Any and every sport in world history has had "fixed" events. Baseball, Boxing, Basketball Football etc. The UFC is no different. Not saying every fight is fixed but I bet some have been. I

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

All I'm saying is it is possible. Just as it's possible they have been fixed. I'd like to think my $44.95 is going toward fights that are legit. [patriot]
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what was that guys negative comments? That he was "told" to fight Kimbo?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 532Fastback:
what was that guys negative comments? That he was "told" to fight Kimbo?

I took it as, he was told to abandon his game plan/normal way of fighting and just stand a trade Bolos with Kimbo. Which in turn suggests a slight tip in the playing field as Bolos is Kimbos Soup Du'Jour if you will. Which turned out to be the best advice ever...lol.
04cobra408
¯
Member # 4025

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04cobra408  Ford pictures for 04cobra408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
and i was looking forward to seeing Edie Alvarez Whoop Diaz ass in Reno on the 8th, that sucks.

I hope Ufc signs alvarez. They could throw him against Bj penn, that would be a sick fight. Alvarez was ranked # 2 or 3 in the world after the Dream event's where he took out the # 2 guy at the time. hes ranked right behind Bj

[ October 22, 2008, 01:47 PM: Message edited by: 04cobra408 ]

--------------------
Willie Guzman
RIP lil brother
11-23-12

Juan Moya
"The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05

Posts: 1945 | From: san jose ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 04cobra408:
and i was looking forward to seeing Edie Alvarez Whoop Diaz ass in Reno on the 8th, that sucks.

I hope Ufc signs alvarez. They could throw him against Bj penn, that would be a sick fight. Alvarez was ranked # 2 or 3 in the world after the Dream event's where he took out the # 2 guy at the time. hes ranked right behind Bj

yeah alvarez is a bad ass and i think he wouldve beaten diaz, similar to how noons took him out on the feet. taking out hansen and kawajiri is no easy task. alvarez vs gomi would be a dream match

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

RSCapri
¯
Member # 6177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RSCapri  Ford pictures for RSCapri    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That means no more Gina Carano fight?? that sucks.. I do agree about the Alvarez and Penn Fight, that would be an epic fight.

--------------------
03 DSG Mach 1*SOLD
82 GT-5.0, 5spd, IRS *SOLD
79 Coupe*SOLD
84 Capri RS
94 GT *SOLD
82 Mercury Capri 5.0 *SOLD

Posts: 855 | From: Las Vegas, NV | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
SPIDER_STANG
¯
Member # 8658

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SPIDER_STANG  Ford pictures for SPIDER_STANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah I bet a few fights are fixed to get top dollar & to set up a bigger money matches aswell!! Remember its entertainment so anything could happen!!! The whole point is to get the most money out of every fight & to set up another bigger better fight at the same time!! Kimbo's head is to big to bet dropped by a punch that small!! Anyone can get knocked out but that hit was weak as fuck!!

--------------------
02 GT Conv Sold
92 LX coup Sold
94 Gt Conv
Spurs, Saints, Dodgers! We win baby!!

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so seth said he was told to stand with Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson in the main event of the third installment of "Saturday Night Fights" on CBS.
By who????????? maybe im off but he could be talking about anyone right even his trainer?
SPIDER_STANG, kimbo got knocked the fuck out, face it.

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
elite xc has been close to turning belly up for so long. i doubt the so called findings are the reason for filing bankruptcy.

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
SPIDER_STANG
¯
Member # 8658

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SPIDER_STANG  Ford pictures for SPIDER_STANG    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah ok he got knocked the fuck out but I'm still trying to see what you going to do about this Word Bitch you like to throw out Fr5.0?? Since in 2 threads you so happy to call me a bitch whats up?? Just tell me when & where? Real men don't talk shit on a thread but I had to reply to your comments, I havent said 2 words to you but for some reason you want to take it their so lets see whats up tuff guy?? I don't play that bull shit!!

--------------------
02 GT Conv Sold
92 LX coup Sold
94 Gt Conv
Spurs, Saints, Dodgers! We win baby!!

Cm4hawks
¯
Member # 5231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cm4hawks  Ford pictures for Cm4hawks    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by fr5.0:
elite xc has been close to turning belly up for so long. i doubt the so called findings are the reason for filing bankruptcy.

CBS pulled a 55 million dollar deal when they heard what Seth said.

--------------------
2007 Ford Expedition
2004 Dodge Ram 2500

Posts: 1818 | From: Pacheco CA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

it was part of it as cbs was planning on purchasing elite xc but after the controversy with the after antics during and after the event they pulled out. its not the entire reason but it sure was a part of it. elitexc was hoping for someone to buy them out to fund future events. after cbs pulling out, funding came short for their next nov even so they were forced to close shop.

as far as seth being told to stand and being compensated for it, seth in his own words stated taht the execs paid him to stand and this was later confirmed by one of their associates that there was some sort of arrangement.

elite is history now...

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

quote:
Originally posted by SPIDER_STANG:
Yeah ok he got knocked the fuck out but I'm still trying to see what you going to do about this Word Bitch you like to throw out Fr5.0?? Since in 2 threads you so happy to call me a bitch whats up?? Just tell me when & where? Real men don't talk shit on a thread but I had to reply to your comments, I havent said 2 words to you but for some reason you want to take it their so lets see whats up tuff guy?? I don't play that bull shit!!

dont let it bother u too much.by reacting, it feeds into the game some ppl like to play on here.
just ignore it.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

00NIGHTMARE
¯
Member # 1010

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 00NIGHTMARE  Ford pictures for 00NIGHTMARE  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I still crack up that some people dont believe a dude who beat up fuckin construction workers in a back yard can lose to a trained fighter, a bottom of the barrel fighter. Behind that thick beard of Kimbo's is a weak chin. Rumor was Forrest even KO'd him with a head kick in sparring, of course denied by Kimbo.

--------------------
00 black GT w/saleen kit & rims
T-Trim 597RWHP 475RWTQ 1.79 60. 11.2 @ 131.9 on 91 tune, not me driving. Built and tuned by Nextgen.

Posts: 533 | From: Livermore again | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
N8
¯
Member # 6048

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/news/story?id=3660628

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com