Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » sacramento mustang is for sale

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: sacramento mustang is for sale
lambonotch
¯
Member # 5758

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lambonotch  Ford pictures for lambonotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/bfs/870457186.html

if that really does include land, building, inventory, and the actuall buisness i dont think thats a bad deal at all.

[ October 07, 2008, 11:27 PM: Message edited by: lambonotch ]

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I didn't see it listed but I'm wondering if they are including the shitty service in the deal? [Confused]
Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I didn't see it listed but I'm wondering if they are including the shitty service in the deal? [Confused]

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Dave50
¯
Member # 5238

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave50  Ford pictures for Dave50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:

Good question! I stopped going there strictly due to the attitudes, and yes, it was so bad Id wait for my parts for a few days.

--------------------
Obama 09 "YES WE CAN!"

lambonotch
¯
Member # 5758

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lambonotch  Ford pictures for lambonotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well who ever buys the place can hire and fire who ever they want. isnt there a shop in the back that sub leases space from them?
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

quote:
Originally posted by Dave50:
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:

Good question! I stopped going there strictly due to the attitudes, and yes, it was so bad Id wait for my parts for a few days.
I quit going there because of the prices and the attitude some of the employees have. I remember when they were in that little tiny shop over off Auburn Blvd toward Manzanita Ave.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
249K, people are having trouble putting food on the table let alone trying to fit in the carbon fiber hood in the budget. They do usually have some douchebag running the counter, and they're only open on the weekdays. No weekends, so no wonder they're going under. I was sad when national cycle went under but not this place.
Stangman@SM
¯
Member # 6223

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangman@SM  Ford pictures for Stangman@SM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I’m not sure where you read Sac-Mustang was going out of business. The owner is simply exploring the option of finally retiring after 28 years of being in business.
A lot of changes have been made this year within the company and it has been run with different management. There are many reasons for us not being open on weekends. I have been working for Sacramento Mustang for over 10 years and I remember the days when Saturdays were very busy. But I am sure you have to admit that 10 years ago most of you were not purchasing as much online. We have all become very comfortable shopping online and we feel more secure using our credit cards on the internet. This along with the increased gas prices made it very unprofitable and most people stopped needing to come in on the weekends. Most of our business like a lot of others these days in online. If most of you still came in on weekends, I would be there to work and help you out.
I know you are going to say you stopped coming in because prices are too high or we never had what you wanted in stock or for whatever reason you think I’m a “douche bag”.
I don’t feel that I have wronged any of you. There are always two sides to a story and I have bit my tongue for many years on a lot of the postings.
We sell parts for 1964-2009 Mustangs and most of our competitors specialize in one generation or the other. It is very hard to have EVERYTHING for 44 years for Mustangs. But again, we have stocked a lot more than earlier years and our prices have been adjusted since new management took over at the beginning of the year.
So, if anyone wants to have a mature intelligent conversation about this, I am willing to talk about it. If you want to just join the trash talking band wagon, then I have better things to do.

--------------------
www.sacramento-mustang.com/

Posts: 103 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2005  |  :
*EPIK*
¯
Member # 7481

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *EPIK*  Ford pictures for *EPIK*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its sad to see that the owner is trying to sell, but Its hard times right now, & its hard to compete with Ebay or larger companys like Summit....

For what its worth, I have never ever had any issues with any of the employees @ Sac Mustang. I will admit some of the prices are a bit high, but most internet or ebay prices are based on places that have no overhead or employees to pay, so its very hard to match those prices... I have been going there since early 2004, & everyone there has always been cool, & have never pressured me to buy anything at all. Most of the times, I would usually just stop by to chat with Steve, or Yoni, & wouldnt buy anything at all, & they were always cool about it....I even DJ'd their annual Car show....

Steve, I hope everything works out for you & all the employees at Sac Mustang & dont worry about all the haters.... [patriot]

[ October 08, 2008, 08:27 PM: Message edited by: EPIK ]

--------------------
=91 Notch:12.31@110 **Under Construction**
=05 CTS-V: 418rwhp/393rwtq=13.01@111

http://www.djepikmusic.com

Stangman@SM
¯
Member # 6223

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stangman@SM  Ford pictures for Stangman@SM    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks Dustin. I appreciate the good comments. Most of the guys and myself at Sac Mustang are enthusiasts and I love talking about Mustangs with anyone, even if you don't buy anything. It’s cool to check out customer’s rides and talk.
(By the way Dustin, you need to bring over that coupe your building. I saw the pics, it looks sweet. I actually like the red interior. Its time to mix it up a bit. Too many black interior cars!)

--------------------

Poisond Pony
¯
Member # 5141

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Poisond Pony  Ford pictures for Poisond Pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn, that sucks. I hope they find a new owner and stay open. I have always had excellent service when I went there. I even spoke with someone who had a silver '99-'04 GT about cams.

seperate note, did they already have their car show this year?

--------------------
1997 SVT Cobra
very stock, very lame

Posts: 1089 | From: Portland, OR | Registered: Dec 2004  |  :
Diamond Dave
¯
Member # 5023

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Diamond Dave  Ford pictures for Diamond Dave  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by ArmyStang:
Damn, that sucks. I hope they find a new owner and stay open. I have always had excellent service when I went there. I even spoke with someone who had a silver '99-'04 GT about cams.

seperate note, did they already have their car show this year?

That would actually be Steve, the guy above you, who has the silver GT. And we never had a car show this year.. Mostly because the old management dug the store into a hole with his different (IE dumb) thought process. Hopefully we can get the store back up and in better shape than before, and give Sac Mustang a better name. Car show would be more likely to happen next spring time or so if everything works out. But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

--------------------
1993 Taurus SHO MTX Red/Grey
-Stock hotness DD

Posts: 475 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sac mustang is a good shop, and good thing is they have lots of parts in stock. They always have treated me well, but in reality there prices are crazy.

The add on craiglist is removed so what are they asking for it? Is land and inventory included?

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wow, it is sooo funny to hear that people are STILL having a bad experience with this place. Last time I dealt with them was 15 years ago and vowed never to do business with them again.

It is always sad to see someone's loss.. but even sadder that they did not change their ways after so many years [Frown]

At any rate... J&K Mustang in Sac was a good shop. Did business with them quite a number of times and they were cool... wonder if they are still around [Confused]

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
Stangman@SM
¯
Member # 6223

quote:
Originally posted by NavidR:
sac mustang is a good shop, and good thing is they have lots of parts in stock. They always have treated me well, but in reality there prices are crazy.

The add on craiglist is removed so what are they asking for it? Is land and inventory included?

What’s up Navid? I haven't seen you in a long time. Come by sometime, I promise you our prices have come down a lot, I am working on lowering them all the time.
Give me a call if you need something, I will see what I can do on a good fair price. If we are too high on something, let me know and I will do my best to make it fair.
But Like Epik said, it is hard to compete with eBay and dotcom stores with no overhead.
If I can't get a good enough deal to match or beat another price, I'll be honest, but give us a chance.
(This goes out to all, not just Navid)

Also I think the owner is asking $249,000.00 for business

--------------------

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Been there PLENTY of times, never had a issue. [patriot]

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Stangman@SM
¯
Member # 6223

quote:
Originally posted by 92stangLX:
Wow, it is sooo funny to hear that people are STILL having a bad experience with this place. Last time I dealt with them was 15 years ago and vowed never to do business with them again.

It is always sad to see someone's loss.. but even sadder that they did not change their ways after so many years [Frown]

At any rate... J&K Mustang in Sac was a good shop. Did business with them quite a number of times and they were cool... wonder if they are still around [Confused]

LOL...Hmmm, name 1 business that has zero complaints from anyone....
Anyone that has ever worked in retail knows you will never make everyone happy.
I'll await your response!

--------------------

j0eyabs
¯
Member # 1026

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for j0eyabs  Ford pictures for j0eyabs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I stopped ordering from them just because if i order from out of state i dont pay sales tax.
Posts: 767 | From: California | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com