Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Assemblyman Dave Jones - Why you should hate him

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Assemblyman Dave Jones - Why you should hate him
Hozr
¯
Member # 6196

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for Hozr  Ford pictures for Hozr  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just to expand on what I posted on another forum:

For all you Sacramentans as well as the remainder of you concerned drivers:

Last year Sacramento Assemblyman Dave Jones introduced Assembly Bill AB616 that would require all cars older than 15 years to undergo ANNUAL smog checks. ALL cars every year. Period. Well i got shot down big time by the voters thank god.

In February Dave Jones introduced Assembly Bill AB3053 regarding dissolution of marriage here it is as introduced:

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/07-08/bill/asm/ab_3051-3100/ab_3053_bill_20080228_introduced.html

On august 22, after the Bill had passed the assembly and was days away from final Senate approval Jones changed the entire bill and substituted all language to that of failed bill AB616. Yep, at the last second before final vote he rewrote the entire bill to something completely different than what it was introduced and discussed as. see here:

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/07-08/bill/asm/ab_3051-3100/ab_3053_bill_20080228_introduced.html

What Jones tried to do was use the inherent confusion that occurs at the end of the assembly period, when lawmakers are rushing to finish the work they should have been doing all year in a final last push. This is not uncommon.

Luckily SEMA caught wind of this and the action network was put in motion and able to stop this sleight of hand.

I bet most of you didn't know your Fox'es were only 2-3 days away from mandatory annual smog checks huh? As well as every other vehicle that was previously exempt.

Next time Jones is p for re-election here in Sacramento remember his underhanded activities that threaten our hobby.

Here's the complete Bill history: http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/postquery

[BS flag]

--------------------
For every winner, there are dozens of losers. Odds are you're one of them.

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are you fuckin serious? A DEMOCRAT wants to fuck people with bullshit smog laws..... No fuckin way! Again, going after us to clean up the air when there are much bigger sources of air pollution.... push around us, the easy target because they are fuckin weak ass pussies.

Here is one of the huge reasons NOT to vote Democrat!! How many Jew's would vote for Hitler? It makes the same sense as anyone that loves to modify cars voting for a Democrat, they want to put an end to what we love to do.

**I'm not trying to offend anyone who is Jewish, just tying to make a point.... Democrats don't care about us, why give them our vote? Sorry, I just wanted to dumb this down for the dumb people.... shit, there I go again....**

[ September 27, 2008, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: asskickn88 ]

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
did you expect any more from a DUM-ocrat

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Posts: 2913 | From: sacramento | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
Dave50
¯
Member # 5238

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave50  Ford pictures for Dave50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I dont understand why politics are being discused on car forums? Geez I come here to talk cars and find this BS.

--------------------
Obama 09 "YES WE CAN!"

fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fr5.0  Ford pictures for fr5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hahahahahaha you better hope N8 dont see this

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
A DEMOCRAT wants to fuck people with bullshit smog laws.....

I didn't hear any yelling and screaming when Arnold (a REPUBLICAN) revoked the 30 year rolling smog exemptions.

The whole republican vs democrat thing is BS. They want you to think that one side is to blame for everything because that keeps your attention off the real problem. Wake up, they are ALL on corporate and special interest's payroll.

Only ignorant people vote 100% along party lines...think for yourself

--------------------
1985 Mustang GT: 351W, Griggs, Baer, etc etc

Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
fr5.0
¯
Member # 8652

hahahahahaha Ya and the government is waching you, look out dont speak to loud!!!!

--------------------
MAGA
TRUMP TRAIN!!!!

Hozr
¯
Member # 6196

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hozr  Ford pictures for Hozr  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Dave50:
I dont understand why politics are being discused on car forums? Geez I come here to talk cars and find this BS.

You obviously didn't read the initial post. I couldn't give a shit about Republican vs. Democrat because I'm neither and think they are all corrupt. You should give a shit about the people who make your laws though, especially when they try to fuck you over and take away the things you love.

The only thing worse than ignorance is apathy... [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
For every winner, there are dozens of losers. Odds are you're one of them.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com