Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » early football picks

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: early football picks
Insurance Guy
¯
Member # 8241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insurance Guy  Ford pictures for Insurance Guy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
who do you think will win each division? and who do you think based on thier week one play has the greatest chance to win the superbowl?

My picks are below

AFC East
Bills

AFC North
Steelers

AFC South
Colts

AFC West
Broncos

NFC Eact
Eagales

NFC North
Bears

NFC South
Saints

NFC West
49ers

My early superbowl pick is the Steelers. this is becuase of thier experince and the play of thier defence.

In the AFC East i know a lot of poeple want to go with the Jets but i still think their play was not as good as the Bills. The AFC north has a strong ravens team but thier rookie qb will enevtually be thier down fall against the steeler defence. the colts win the afc south more by default becuase i didnt see strong enough performances from any other team. i picked the broncos in the afc west becuase the chargers should have won thier game and since they didnt i view them as underachivers (as of right now).

In the NFC east i picked the eagales becuase i think the coyboys are too overconfident and i think that the many premadana's on thier team will come back and bite them. in the north i picked the bears becuase despite the pakcers play i think they are too young and lack experince compared to the bears. in the south i picked the saints beucase i belive reggie bush is now over is softmore slump and he will be a force in the nfl. and last i picked the 9ers in the west really beucase the rams and seahawks were a disapointment and i do not think arizonia is a good enough orginization to be good for long.

what do you think? keep in mind that its just week one and we will probally all be wrong by the end of the season. but who cares pick a team and say why!

--------------------
01 GT Drop Top (R.I.P.)
02 GT Drop Top (Sold)
17 5.0 GT Coupe

Posts: 597 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
uh0h50
CAFords OG
Member # 3125

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for uh0h50  Ford pictures for uh0h50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i agree with most, but definitely disagree with that last one lol

--------------------
AP1 S2000

Posts: 2926 | From: Bay Area 510 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Insurance Guy
¯
Member # 8241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insurance Guy  Ford pictures for Insurance Guy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
do you mean my superbowl pick or my nfc west pick?

--------------------
01 GT Drop Top (R.I.P.)
02 GT Drop Top (Sold)
17 5.0 GT Coupe

Cobraboy
¯
Member # 7826

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobraboy  Ford pictures for Cobraboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Over confidence? Haha... Only person on their team who has any problem like that is TO... and he still delivers every game.

It's very likely you will see the Cowboys in the superbowl if they keep playing like they did this weekend.

Posts: 552 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2007  |  :
Insurance Guy
¯
Member # 8241

quote:
Originally posted by Cobraboy:
Over confidence? Haha... Only person on their team who has any problem like that is TO... and he still delivers every game.

It's very likely you will see the Cowboys in the superbowl if they keep playing like they did this weekend.

maybe so they did have one the sronest games this weekend. but i still think the eagales performance was better. we will see which one of us is right on monday night!

imo i think the coyboys are one or two seasons away from being real contenders of the superbowl. i may change my opinion when i see them play someone else besides the browns.

--------------------
01 GT Drop Top (R.I.P.)
02 GT Drop Top (Sold)
17 5.0 GT Coupe

Rigo5.0
¯
Member # 5247

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rigo5.0  Ford pictures for Rigo5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1 or 2 seasons away [Confused]
Cowboys now have experience, have the most talent, they are well coached, good team synergy, they just have to win in the playoffs. The eagles beat the rams who are garbage!

Remember that the Cowboys just handled the Browns without having their best corner(Newman).The Browns were ranked amongst one of the top offenses last year and almost made the playoffs, in what was a deep AFC!

Unless what happened to Brady happens to ROMO, Cowboys will be traveling to Tampa next Feb

AFC west = Broncos (did u guys see Cutler?)
AFC south = Jags
AFC north = Ravens
AFC east = Jets (Favrrrrrrre)

NFC east = Cowboys (of course)
NFC south = Panthers
NFC north = Bears
NFC west = 49ers (i guess, LOL)

[ September 09, 2008, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: COBRAreflection ]

--------------------
91 5.0 [331|T56]
87 Grand National
02 Z06
08 Challenger SRT8
13 Shelby GT500
00 Lightning
14 Camaro SS

Posts: 1454 | From: Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
Cobraboy
¯
Member # 7826

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobraboy  Ford pictures for Cobraboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Insurance Dude:
quote:

maybe so they did have one the sronest games this weekend. but i still think the eagales performance was better. we will see which one of us is right on monday night!

imo i think the coyboys are one or two seasons away from being real contenders of the superbowl. i may change my opinion when i see them play someone else besides the browns.

Good point with the browns... lawlz...

But then look who McNab was throwing against? Not like that was the pick of the litter defense either... The Rams? Come on... lol. Not surprised that game went the way it did. Their defense and offense is horrible.

The Browns have a way better defense than the Rams and the Cowboys still put 28 points on the board. And the browns don't have too bad of an offense either... Jamal Lewis and Derek Anderson are both pretty good... Yet the Dallas defense still only held them to 10 points while being able to put up 28 on them.

The Eagles might as well have been playing the Raiders. The Rams are horrible.

Next week will be evidence of all this...

[ September 09, 2008, 07:02 PM: Message edited by: Cobraboy ]

Insurance Guy
¯
Member # 8241

do not get me wrong i think that the rams suck big time. but what i was most impressed with about the eagales what the fact that thier two starting recivers were injuryed and thier back up steped up and played the way they did. i do think that they coyboys by far have the most talented team in the league. if i am not mistaken they had 19 probowlers on their team. but talent does not equal wins. i think that the coyboys could win thier division and could win the superbowl and even have a good chance to do so. but i default to the eagales since thier team has won in the playoffs recently and the coyboys have not. i just need to see a big win from them before i jump on the band wagon. if they beat the eagales and giants at the egales and giants they will be my fav to go to the superbowl but not untill then.

by the way isnt it kind of funny how no one thinks the giants will win thier division. with thier injuries it isnt surpising but it just shows how crazy the league is as of late that a superbowl team of the privious year can be counted out before the season starts!

[ September 09, 2008, 07:22 PM: Message edited by: Insurance Dude ]

--------------------
01 GT Drop Top (R.I.P.)
02 GT Drop Top (Sold)
17 5.0 GT Coupe

Cobraboy
¯
Member # 7826

I am not a band wagon fan... I follow stats and numbers closely... I am just a fan of Football and certain players in the game.

I think the giants looked very good on sunday. Littlemanning is starting to get a good idea of how to get things done. Much like his brother. Hell Eli had a better game than Payton did.

There are a LOT of good teams this year... and with the Patriots on edge and now set to only a good team instead of an onslaught steaming rolling fucking own everybody in the ass team, it is all up in the air. Anything can change, though, from now to week 16... this will be an exciting year I think.

Insurance Guy
¯
Member # 8241

quote:
Originally posted by COBRAreflection:

AFC west = Broncos (did u guys see Cutler?)
AFC south = Jags
AFC north = Ravens
AFC east = Jets (Favrrrrrrre)

NFC east = Cowboys (of course)
NFC south = Panthers
NFC north = Bears
NFC west = 49ers (i guess, LOL)

Jags? do you think they can really beat the colts? i mean they let kerry Collins beat them after vince young went down.

and i am actully rooting for the ravens but i just do not think they stand a chance against the steelers. the reason i say that is becuase all rookies get extremly winded at the end of the football season. its a hard transistion from playing 12 games to 18. and if you qb makes mistakes you lose. flaco is the real deal (so far) but he cant play that way the whole season.

your other pick i can see happening

[ September 09, 2008, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: Insurance Dude ]

--------------------
01 GT Drop Top (R.I.P.)
02 GT Drop Top (Sold)
17 5.0 GT Coupe

Insurance Guy
¯
Member # 8241

quote:
I am not a band wagon fan... I follow stats and numbers closely... I am just a fan of Football and certain players in the game.

I think the giants looked very good on sunday. Littlemanning is starting to get a good idea of how to get things done. Much like his brother. Hell Eli had a better game than Payton did.

There are a LOT of good teams this year... and with the Patriots on edge and now set to only a good team instead of an onslaught steaming rolling fucking own everybody in the ass team, it is all up in the air. Anything can change, though, from now to week 16... this will be an exciting year I think.

sorry bro i wasnt trying to imply you were a band wagon fan. i am just saying if dallas wins aginst thier division then they should be able to go to the superbowl. and i agree this nfl season will be very exciting since there is no true defined number 1 team.

--------------------
01 GT Drop Top (R.I.P.)
02 GT Drop Top (Sold)
17 5.0 GT Coupe

Cobraboy
¯
Member # 7826

I could honestly see the Steelers and the Cowboys for this superbowl. That would be a good one
1sick65
¯
Member # 3957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1sick65  Ford pictures for 1sick65    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Jets FTW
Posts: 1457 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
KINGROY
¯
Member # 7736

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KINGROY  Ford pictures for KINGROY    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Raiders all the way!!!

--------------------
2003 Cobra Vert
2005 Prius

Posts: 1642 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  :
2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
since I am the #1 Steelers Fan and authority around here lol,I have to pick them for the superbowl, which I do every year. The nice thing is I have been correct just about as many times as anybody else. Cowboys looks good on week 1 (so did the Steelers)what do you win for that?

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

Insurance Guy
¯
Member # 8241

that would be really interesting if the steelers and coyboys met in the superbowl. i belive the have already met in the superbowl 3 times. that has to be some kind of record. the steelers won superbowl 10 and 13 agisnt the coyboys and the coyboys won superbowl 30 agianst the steelers.

--------------------
01 GT Drop Top (R.I.P.)
02 GT Drop Top (Sold)
17 5.0 GT Coupe

2stangs69-91
¯
Member # 1951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2stangs69-91  Ford pictures for 2stangs69-91    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yep 3 times I watched them all. Steelers should be 3-0 in those match ups [Frown] thanks to Neil O'Donnel they are 2-1. I could see that happening it would be a good one.

--------------------
69 Mustang on hold
1991 LX hatch getting a make over
1994 F150 4X4 351
2006 Yamaha V-max 1200 Modded

HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by kingroy:
Raiders all the way!!!

to last place!!!
Posts: 22469 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :
aslowdodge
¯
Member # 854

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for aslowdodge  Ford pictures for aslowdodge    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by HaulinAss Motorsports:
quote:
Originally posted by kingroy:
Raiders all the way!!!

to last place!!!
lol and so it starts [Smile]

--------------------
97 Viper GTS
Supercharged & a bit of juice
last dyno on 100 shot-770rwhp/908lb torque
tree stump pulling anyone?

Posts: 641 | From: pleasanton | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com