Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Got a Saleen Speedster Tonneau Cover for my 94 Vert Paint Questions/Opinions

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Got a Saleen Speedster Tonneau Cover for my 94 Vert Paint Questions/Opinions
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So I finally got a speedster tonneau cover that I have been drooling to get since I got my car 9 years ago. I'm going to get it painted tomorrow and I was thinking about getting the humps painted black and the rest Dark Forrest Green (car color) or just all have it painted the same body color. What do guys think? Have you seen any other cool schemes? I want to keep it clean.

Does anyone know what the two metal clips on the side do?
 -

lambonotch
¯
Member # 5758

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for lambonotch  Ford pictures for lambonotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if the metal clips are the same as the soft cover, they hold the cover inplace so it doesnt fly off at freeway speeds. one syle of painting that looked cleen was having the whole thing body color but the front of the humps (beind the head rest) painted black.
SlowFiveOh94
¯
Member # 2404

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowFiveOh94  Ford pictures for SlowFiveOh94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I say paint it all body color. Good choice by the way! I looove tonneau covers. [patriot] [worship]

--------------------
2001 Mustang GT (Faleen Speedster)

Posts: 1184 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think black would only look good on it if you had black interior, but with peanut butter seats I would vote make it all body color.
Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm not sure how the soft covers are like but I don't think I described the piece that I'm talking about very well. They are not really metal clips. Its more of a metal 90 degree piece on the underside with one side attached to the tonneau cover. It does not clip to anything but I think you are right about it being there so the tonneau cover does not fly off.

Thanks I have really wanted this cover for years but could not justify the price tag since I was and still am a student and money is prioritized to that. Tuition is killer.

I do eventually want to get black interior but for sure I do want to get a nice pair of recaro bucket seats since my driver leather is starting to tear.

I think I will go body color and keep it nice and clean with smooth lines. Thanks for the opinions guys, I really appreciate it. [patriot]

87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -
 -
Do the body color and a satin or matte black on the inside. The clips are used to slide in for additional support other than the two back clips and seat belts.

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Thanks for the pics! I am still debating on the black trim near the seats. There is a clear division there but I have no seen any that are all one color. I'm not sure if it'll look too plain or nice and clean. Like Blind said it's the tan interior that gets me.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com