Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Got pulled over for speeding this morning

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Got pulled over for speeding this morning
BCINGUU
¯
Member # 2397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BCINGUU  Ford pictures for BCINGUU  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Driving to work in Pleasanton, talking on my cell phone (with a headset) and apparently doing 55 in a 40 zone (according to the cop), I got pulled over just as I was about to turn into the office parking lot.

The cop was very cool, even after seeing the flask of vodka in my glovebox (that is for emergencies only). He told me to keep the flask in the trunk, slow it down next time, and only gave me a warning. This was in the flashy black convertible stang with gold stripes. Today must be my lucky day. Or else being a middle aged white guy paid off. Damn what a relief!

--------------------
93 Cobra #4563 347ci 12.0@118 505rwhp 524tq
90 GT "Saleen Cobra" style convertible 347ci
67 GT "Eleanor" style coupe 347ci

Posts: 1425 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
solbrothers
¯
Member # 7524

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for solbrothers  Ford pictures for solbrothers    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i love getting away with shit because im white. [patriot] [Razz]

--------------------
2100+ posts, 15 useful

BUKSING
¯
Member # 6594

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BUKSING  Ford pictures for BUKSING    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats what im sayin...you guys are lucky. i remember back in high school got pulled over with my white friend that was a son of a cop in the same city and as soon as they found out his last name and confirmed he was the son...we were off the hook [Big Grin]
everyday normal guy
¯
Member # 8560

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for everyday normal guy  Ford pictures for everyday normal guy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BUKSING:
thats what im sayin...you guys are lucky. i remember back in high school got pulled over with my white friend that was a son of a cop in the same city and as soon as they found out his last name and confirmed he was the son...we were off the hook [Big Grin]

leme guess if he woulda gave you a ticket you woulda said he did it cuz i was black gimme a brake america is so diverse you are a moron for even emplying that.........cuz im black...... hahahahahahaha ya and thats what i say everytime the bitch didnt pick me go figure

--------------------
i make pretty good spaghetti muthafuca
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PsnxDQvQpw

essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
My half white cousin got pulled over going 70 mph in a 50 mph. She even flirted with the cop and he responded back but he still wrote her a ticket. Later that day she goes to dinner party and she sees the same cop that wrote her a ticket and he still had the nerve to ask her for her number. I laughed my ass off.
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by essasin:
My half white cousin got pulled over going 70 mph in a 50 mph. She even flirted with the cop and he responded back but he still wrote her a ticket. Later that day she goes to dinner party and she sees the same cop that wrote her a ticket and he still had the nerve to ask her for her number. I laughed my ass off.

He probably did that just to show her that flirting with a cop when you really have no intention of dating them is worthless.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

SheerSliver03
¯
Member # 6589

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SheerSliver03  Ford pictures for SheerSliver03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by solbrothers:

haha very true

--------------------
2003 Altima SE
1970 Mustang Coupe *Sold

SheerSliver03
¯
Member # 6589

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SheerSliver03  Ford pictures for SheerSliver03    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

haha very true

--------------------
2003 Altima SE
1970 Mustang Coupe *Sold

z pyro
¯
Member # 3745

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for z pyro  Ford pictures for z pyro    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I only half get away with shit cuz I'm Whitexican [BS flag]

--------------------
'95 Integra LS
'08 Buell XB12R Firebolt
'65 Mustang 289 - soon to be 306

Posts: 1732 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
Insurance Guy
¯
Member # 8241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insurance Guy  Ford pictures for Insurance Guy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i am not white but i have noticed i get away with speeding when i just do not bs with the cop and be honest. i can not tell you how many times i have been let go for speeding. occationally some cops are dicks but for the most part i am ususally let go.

the worst speed i was let go for was when i was caught doing 95 and the san mateo bridge. (i was going way faster but i got clocked at a curve) and the coped asked me why i was speeding and i told him i just got this mustang and i wanted to see what it could do. he laughed and told me to slow down on the way home.

--------------------
01 GT Drop Top (R.I.P.)
02 GT Drop Top (Sold)
17 5.0 GT Coupe

Posts: 597 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEMPERFI510  Ford pictures for SEMPERFI510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am Mexican American and have got out of many tickets for being honest and possibly the Marine Corps stickers on all my cars [Wink]
Posts: 1766 | From: San Francisco, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
87Fox916
¯
Member # 6399

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87Fox916  Ford pictures for 87Fox916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
He would have hauled me off to jail and hit my head as he threw me in the back of the car.lol

--------------------
87 Mustang GT

Posts: 1652 | From: SACRAMENTO | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
9cobra7
¯
Member # 2812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobra7  Ford pictures for 9cobra7    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Marine Corp stickers work very well and if you wanna spend some money ahead of time, join the CHP 1199 Foundation and your definitely getting away with it.

--------------------
If you can't walk and chew gum at the same time, don't walk.

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 9cobra7:
Marine Corp stickers work very well and if you wanna spend some money ahead of time, join the CHP 1199 Foundation and your definitely getting away with it.

My uncle has one of these "500 dollar's is what He paid" but it comes with a matching carring case that You put Your reg. and ins. in just in case the cop does'nt see Your licence plate cover [Razz] . Just another advantage for the wealthy [dance] .

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SEMPERFI510  Ford pictures for SEMPERFI510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Beware though they only work well if you've actually been in. [Big Grin]
Cobraboy
¯
Member # 7826

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobraboy  Ford pictures for Cobraboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Putting stickers and shit all over your car saying you have anything to do with law enforcement is a good way to get your car fucked with. Seen it happen to people before.
Posts: 552 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2007  |  :
Impact 5.0
¯
Member # 2805

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Impact 5.0  Ford pictures for Impact 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SEMPERFI510:
quote:

Beware though they only work well if you've actually been in. [Big Grin]
You hit that on the head.... some will actually ask to see your I.D.... I always carry my old ID with me just in case.
Posts: 2173 | From: Tracy, CA | Registered: May 2003  |  :
TR1
98COBRA.COM
Member # 296

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TR1  Ford pictures for TR1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Not true most of time. A sticker on your car will not do a thing. As for 1199... The members are not to flash any type of ID if they get stopped. The membership can be revoked if being abused like that.

--------------------
Yep.

Posts: 1381 | From: Bay Area, CA. | Registered: Jun 2001  |  :
96mysticman
¯
Member # 8327

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 96mysticman  Ford pictures for 96mysticman    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you either got good luck or bad luck as for me good luck driving the cobra for a year and a half with no license and aint got shit thats with o/r xpipe no cats and 1 camber flows tap on wood [patriot] [burnout]

[ September 10, 2008, 07:07 PM: Message edited by: 96mysticman ]

SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Had some ass in a huge truck pull over and pass Me "at about 50 mph"on a 2 lane stree "35 mph speed limit" and I was rolling at about 40. The lanes were closing from 2 to 1 in less than a 1/4 mile so I thought about speeding up a bit and not letting Him by but I kept myself in check and let Him roll by and sure enough a motorcycle cop comes fling by me and pull's His ass over [Razz] so if i would have gunned it and denied Him I would have gotten a speeding ticket and possibly worse [Embarrassed] . Sometimes it's good to keep Yourself in check and let the assholes do their thing [Big Grin] .

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

not just white, but i loved getting away with shit because i was older and in college/alumni. everytime i got pulled over, the cop came up to the window expecting to see a young punk behind the wheel but even getting caught on radar doing 37 in a 25 i always got off...after bullshitting about cars for 20 mins or so. there are soo many cops who are gearheads it isn't even funny!

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"
1967 Lime Gold 289 coupe "Ethel"

SEMPERFI510
¯
Member # 627

quote:
Originally posted by TR1:
quote:

Not true most of time. A sticker on your car will not do a thing. As for 1199... The members are not to flash any type of ID if they get stopped. The membership can be revoked if being abused like that.
It's not the sticker that gets me out its actually being fomer military and a Veteran that helps. Many cops are former military. I've gotten out of countless tickets. [Wink]
drews50
CAFords OG
Member # 2670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for drews50  Ford pictures for drews50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SEMPERFI510:
quote:
Originally posted by TR1:
quote:

It's not the sticker that gets me out its actually being fomer military and a Veteran that helps. Many cops are former military. I've gotten out of countless tickets. [Wink]
exactly, when i worked for the Butte County Probation dept. all i had to do was show my badge and i got a "talking to" and let go. man i miss those times!

--------------------
*shiftylx*

2013 Race Red 5.0 "Lucy"
1967 Lime Gold 289 coupe "Ethel"

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com