Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » I got HID's for my car

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: I got HID's for my car
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I found a good deal on the retrofit HID light kits from a guy off the Volvo board. These aren't the $59 eBay kits but Apexcone brand. He has sold tons of these to the guy on the board over the years and everyone has had nothing but great things to say about him and his product. I got them for $90 a pair shipped to my door and have a lifetime warranty. He has the sale going on till the end of the month if anyone is interested I'll post up the link to his site. I got the 6000k and am really happy with the fit and quality of the kit.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
t top freak
¯
Member # 6269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t top freak  Ford pictures for t top freak  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what all is involved in the swap to HID? ive thought about doing this to my daily driver. theres no lights in my neighborhood and wild turkeys and deer have no fear of cars lol

--------------------
1994 cobra - sold!
1986 t top gt - parted out and sold!
on the hunt for another

Posts: 1023 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by t top freak:
what all is involved in the swap to HID? ive thought about doing this to my daily driver. theres no lights in my neighborhood and wild turkeys and deer have no fear of cars lol

I'm finishing the install right now and its so simple, all plug and play. Just order the kit to replace whatever bulb you have stock. The ballast plugs into the original plug for the bulb, then 2 wires plug into the bulb. The bulb will go in just like the stock ones. I've got them all in and working, just need to finish installing the trim around the headlights. If you order before the end of the month you'll save $20 and get a kit much better than the cheap ass ebay ones.

--------------------

Abandon him.

RED@7kVERT *8850GT*
¯
Member # 5909

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*  Ford pictures for RED@7kVERT *8850GT*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ive got the 6k's on my cobra....

best thing ive ever done. i love them!!

--------------------
02 Z06-11.0 @ 132 1.9 60'
_ _ _ _ _ ____ _ _ _ _ _
Sold:05 CTS-V-13.1@114
Sold:01 Cobra Vert-12.0@119

essasin
¯
Member # 4741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for essasin  Ford pictures for essasin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Have you thought about retrofitting, otherwise you'll just blind everyone and have an uneven disperse of light which defeats the purpose of hids. But at the end if it works for you that is all that matters.
95Stangman
¯
Member # 6020

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 95Stangman  Ford pictures for 95Stangman    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
whats the link i have been wanting to put HID's in my mach 1 and cobra

--------------------
2003 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
03 Mach 1 (sold)
98 Cobra vert (sold)
95 GT (sold)

Posts: 212 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
Lemonade
¯
Member # 3692

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lemonade  Ford pictures for Lemonade    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Single or dual beam?

Lems

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

quote:
Originally posted by essasin:
Have you thought about retrofitting, otherwise you'll just blind everyone and have an uneven disperse of light which defeats the purpose of hids. But at the end if it works for you that is all that matters.

Retrofit what? I have stock projector headlights now, just had Sylvania Silverstar bulbs and these are way brighter. Here's the link, they have all the different types but the 55watt kits or dual beam bulbs cost more. I've got my lights in and it looks bad ass, I'm very happy with the quality and fit of the kit. The guy also has a reputation for taking care of any warranty issues very quickly. web page

--------------------

Abandon him.

everyday normal guy
¯
Member # 8560

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for everyday normal guy  Ford pictures for everyday normal guy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

what part of sac is that

--------------------
i make pretty good spaghetti muthafuca
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PsnxDQvQpw

happygmore
¯
Member # 7159

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for happygmore  Ford pictures for happygmore    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
projector for halogen lights and HID's 2 diff things.
Posts: 421 | From: west san jose | Registered: Oct 2006  |  :
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
similar to wat essasin is saying;...
HIDs are tight but the drawback of using them in a stock housing that wasnt designed for HIDs is that you run the risk of blinding oncoming traffic. on a properly designed projector housing the light is cut off at a certain height whereas on a stock setup with HID retrofitted result in scattered light. ppl have lessened the amount of blinding light by directing the lights slightly down. for the most part it works in that the light output greater than stock but you wont get the same result as for instance an infiniti or any other car that comes with stock HIDs unless you retro the projector/housing as well. someone on the coral or svtperformance did this same retro using a tsx light setup i believe.

t top freak
¯
Member # 6269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t top freak  Ford pictures for t top freak  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stupid_doodoo_dum:
quote:

what part of sac is that
el dorado hills

i fed a dear some bread last year coming home from work in my neighborhood

--------------------
1994 cobra - sold!
1986 t top gt - parted out and sold!
on the hunt for another

Posts: 1023 | From: sacramento | Registered: Dec 2005  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

I know my lights aren't scattering the light or blinding anyone. Its a very clean beam. I made the mistake of trying to adjust one of the driving lights while it was on and it shined right in my eye.... those things are brutal up close. A guy did the TSX projectors in his stock BMW housings and the light output is awesome. I didn't see it till I ordered my kit or I might have waited to try and snag a pair of those projectors and the correct bulbs to fit them.

--------------------

Abandon him.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I take it this is not a fox swap?
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

quote:
Originally posted by N8:
I take it this is not a fox swap?

No, but you can get them for a Fox though. That corner light is clear with a regular bulb in it. I had the Silverstar bulbs in it and the corner lights were more white than the headlight.... fucker turned yellow.
 -

-

-

[ August 27, 2008, 01:58 AM: Message edited by: asskickn88 ]

--------------------

Abandon him.

STREETFIGHTER50
¯
Member # 2973

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for STREETFIGHTER50  Ford pictures for STREETFIGHTER50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How much for a Fox kit? & Was shipping & tax included?

--------------------
'89 Coupe-Kurgan Tuned 498/491RW, Vortech SI, 351W

Posts: 3925 | From: SF Bay Coastin' to Rocklin | Registered: Jun 2003  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

quote:
Originally posted by STREETFIGHTER50:
How much for a Fox kit? & Was shipping & tax included?

You just need to order the 9004 retrofit kit. The 35 watt kits were $90 to your door, no tax. The 55 watt kits are a bit more but I'm WAY happy with the 35's I got. I can't get over how far you can see with these things and I didn't have one person flash their lights at me once last night or today. Remember, these aren't the cheap ass China junk kits off eBay. I just pulled one of those kits out of my friends car because it killed 4 bulbs already. His kit is a couple months old and they wont warranty it..... $69 turns into $220 real quck with replacement bulbs then getting smart and buying a good quality kit.

[ August 27, 2008, 08:54 AM: Message edited by: asskickn88 ]

--------------------

Abandon him.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com