Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » CAFords Member who buys/rebuilds Transmissions?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: CAFords Member who buys/rebuilds Transmissions?
SlowFiveOh94
¯
Member # 2404

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowFiveOh94  Ford pictures for SlowFiveOh94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A few years back I remember selling a transmission to a CAFords member who bought and rebuilds transmissions...he had a whole setup in his garage to do the rebuilds. I can't recall the members name or info though. Does this ring a bell for anyone? I believe he was in his 30's or 40's.

--------------------
2001 Mustang GT (Faleen Speedster)

Posts: 1184 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
89Rodknocker
CAFords OG
Member # 2951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89Rodknocker  Ford pictures for 89Rodknocker    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It probally wasn't me but i have overhauled a couple of them. Not that hard to do. Ase. certified though.

--------------------
89 lx (stolen and stripped)
94 gt runner (sold)
89 lx Stock(sold)
86 gt T-trim (sold)
73 Camaro BBC
01 5.0 Explorer limited Borlas (sold)

BlueOvalRacing
¯
Member # 1531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueOvalRacing  Ford pictures for BlueOvalRacing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I work for Ford as an auto trans tech. I have a couple of friends at work that build manuals. Did I pick up a T5 from you?

[ July 25, 2008, 12:50 PM: Message edited by: BlueOvalRacing ]

SlowFiveOh94
¯
Member # 2404

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SlowFiveOh94  Ford pictures for SlowFiveOh94    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BlueOvalRacing:
I work for Ford as an auto trans tech. I have a couple of friends at work that build manuals. Did I pick up a T5 from you?

No sir. I've never sold a T5. I work at Sacramento Mustang, and can get a Ford Racing T5 94 piece Rebuild kit for cost, so I was hoping to have mine rebuilt and keep my fingers crossed the gears are good. I also live in Orangevale. Any idea how much your friend would charge? Would it come with any kind of warranty or anything?

--------------------

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Are you talking about Bruce out of San Jose?

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
SlowFiveOh94
¯
Member # 2404

quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:

Yup, that sounds like him. I remember going to the San Jose area to drop off my T45 at his house.

--------------------

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SlowFiveOh94:
quote:
Originally posted by turbo50:

Yup, that sounds like him. I remember going to the San Jose area to drop off my T45 at his house.
Excellent rebuilder.

He moved on to open up a shop in the local San Jose area, only to move to Idaho. He still buys cores, rebuilds etc.

I contacted him recently for an input shaft.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
BlueOvalRacing
¯
Member # 1531

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlueOvalRacing  Ford pictures for BlueOvalRacing    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SlowFiveOh94:
quote:
Originally posted by BlueOvalRacing:

No sir. I've never sold a T5. I work at Sacramento Mustang, and can get a Ford Racing T5 94 piece Rebuild kit for cost, so I was hoping to have mine rebuilt and keep my fingers crossed the gears are good. I also live in Orangevale. Any idea how much your friend would charge? Would it come with any kind of warranty or anything?
If you work at Sac Mustang, you work with my co-worker George's son. I would have to ask how much my friends would charge, but there wouldn't be a warranty unless the failure was due to him building it incorrectly (not likely). It's kinda hard to warranty a T5 when doing a side job - there is too high of a chance of someone abusing a manual trans.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com