Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » what do you guys think???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: what do you guys think???
FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoRdGiRl  Ford pictures for FoRdGiRl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im gonna give my expo back bc its at that point where its only gonna cost me more and im tired of paying 600 a mo for a car not to add its old to me [Smile] so i found a honda on craigslist for super cheap and wrote the guy bc something had to be wrong w this car and below is what i got back from him. I have never bought anything off of ebay so have no idea how that all works but i think the guy is full of shit and figured you guys would know more so let me know what you think...thanks [patriot]

Hello,
I`m Sgt. Mark J Loranty. You have to know that the 2003 Honda Accord EX 4 Cyl Automatic I am selling is 100% working and great looking, no flaws or dents, no scratches or any kind of damage. The title is clear. It has 37,391 miles. The VIN# is 1HGCM56603A136574. This vehicle engine runs very, very smooth. No electrical problems on this beauty. This detailed vehicle makes the exterior looks like it just came off the assembly line.
Options
CD player Leather seats Sunroof
Driver airbag Passenger airbag Side airbags
Anti-lock brakes Air conditioning Cruise control
Power locks Power seats Power windows
Here are the pics of the car :
http://s288.photobucket.com/albums/ll191/2003haccW/
(if the above link does not work copy and paste it into a new web browser window)

As I know that my current situation is pretty special I want the deal closed only through eBay's Buyer Protection Program in order for you to be 100% protected. You will make the payment to eBay and they will hold the money until you receive the car. ONLY AFTER you receive the car and inspect it (for 10 days) eBay will release the payment to me; in this way we are both protected. Anyway i am sure that if you won`t be satisfied with the car i will surely find another buyer in your area and there will be no need for you to ship the car back.
I am located in Zagreb,Croatia and I was sent here to improve the military relationships between our country and Croatia. One month ago, my wife moved here with me and brought the car with her, but now we have to sell it back in the United States because In order to be able to register this car here, I would have to pay very high import/custom taxes. My final price on it is $ 2980. If you will take it for this price, I am willing to handle the shipping. It will be shipped from here by plane with US Air Military Cargo so it will not cost me anything. You will get it to the nearest airport in your area and then it will be trucked forward to your place. You will receive the car in about 4 days. Please get back to me asap if you decide to buy, and include in your e-mail your full name and address where you want it shipped so I can start the deal with eBay. You will receive all the transaction payment and shipping details from them.
Thank you, and have a nice day,
Sgt. Mark J Loranty

--------------------
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

Cobraboy
¯
Member # 7826

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobraboy  Ford pictures for Cobraboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Scam. Scam. Scamscamscam scam sca-sca-scam
Posts: 552 | From: California | Registered: Aug 2007  |  :
Monte
¯
Member # 7536

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Monte  Ford pictures for Monte    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
honestly as good of a deal it sounds, i think it has scam written all over it! there's a lot of people who scam through ebay. Goodluck!
Posts: 606 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Mar 2007  |  :
Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Real people dont talk like that. Thats a Nigerian dressed up to be a sargeant.

-

MrDgroze
¯
Member # 6800

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MrDgroze  Ford pictures for MrDgroze  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I am located in Zagreb,Croatia - That says it right there... If you cant physically hand them the money for the car, then I wouldnt do it...

[ July 23, 2008, 12:52 PM: Message edited by: Pop N Sons Bar-B-Que ]

Yaterstang
¯
Member # 7659

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yaterstang  Ford pictures for Yaterstang  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dood, why would they want us dollars, our money is worth like a peso.
FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoRdGiRl  Ford pictures for FoRdGiRl    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I figured it was bs they just are getting better at their scams:) I just wasnt sure and again have never purchased a car off ebay so figured someone else would know more plus its some what entertaining since he did such a good job explaining himself and his situation [Smile]

thanks [patriot]

--------------------
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.

N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow he put a new spin on a old scam. Credit to the scammer.
Cobraboy
¯
Member # 7826

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobraboy  Ford pictures for Cobraboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ivfordgirl posts pictures of herself in a bikini???

[worship]

86BackInBlack
¯
Member # 5372

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 86BackInBlack  Ford pictures for 86BackInBlack    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wow his grammer is really good for a scammer

--------------------
http://i.imgur.com/go1nj.gif

xcessive50
¯
Member # 2995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for xcessive50  Ford pictures for xcessive50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hell naw. i know someone who sent 7500 to a deal very similar and never heard another peep. although i guess he's willing to use paypal which is supposed to be solid. the guy im talking about sent western union. DOH!

[ July 23, 2008, 03:18 PM: Message edited by: xcessive50 ]

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just in case you missed it........ THIS IS A SCAM, DON'T SEND THAT FUCKER ANYTHING!

It sucks you have to give it back after selling the GT to save it.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
Cobraboy
¯
Member # 7826

don't send them anything.
NorCalRydaz
¯
Member # 3233

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NorCalRydaz  Ford pictures for NorCalRydaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobraboy:

[worship]

hahahahaha [patriot]
Insurance Guy
¯
Member # 8241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Insurance Guy  Ford pictures for Insurance Guy  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NorCalRydaz:
quote:
Originally posted by Cobraboy:

[worship]

hahahahaha [patriot]
lmfao

that was so uncalled for but funny anways!

--------------------
01 GT Drop Top (R.I.P.)
02 GT Drop Top (Sold)
17 5.0 GT Coupe

Posts: 597 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
JOEFOX87
¯
Member # 8331

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JOEFOX87  Ford pictures for JOEFOX87    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Scaaaaaaaaaaam!! but hey, if you want to have fun, lead him or her on and have a good laugh. [Big Grin]

Check this out, a lot of reading, but hilarious none the less: www.ebolamonkeyman.com

Posts: 824 | From: Union City, California | Registered: Apr 2008  |  :
LQ9SN95
¯
Member # 7080

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LQ9SN95  Ford pictures for LQ9SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thats cool, they are comin up with new ones. havent heard that one before.

--------------------
http://www.fastgms-teamfast.com
http://www.facebook.com/aop.fresno?ref=ts&fref=ts
Lq9 swap
102 fast intake
Trick flow heads
T rex cam

Posts: 8031 | From: Fresno, Ca | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
FoRdGiRl
¯
Member # 6279

quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
Just in case you missed it........ THIS IS A SCAM, DON'T SEND THAT FUCKER ANYTHING!

It sucks you have to give it back after selling the GT to save it.

yea it does i just am giving them so much a mo and doesnt seem to be paying shit off plus im to that point where im going to have to put money in it so would rather just say fuck it not deal w it and have something else and 600 more a mo:)
I wish i could get the gt back:(

--------------------

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hell just look at that ad. A 2003 accord with 37k for 2900 shipped? Shipping across the country is going to be at least $1000 can you imagine what it would be like from Croatia? Hell tell him you want Mikro Crocrops autograph too!!

If you want a cheap honda you should have asked me I have one for sale.

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
If you buy a used car make sure its from someone you can meet in person and see the car in person. If I can't see the car in person and drive it then I won't bother.

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
All I have to say is SCAM, that guy could get 7-8K easy for that car.

Look if the price is too good to be true, its a SCAM.

If the guy is out of the country, ITS a scam,

I would report that to ebay!

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :
Gnari-Garage
CAFords OG
Member # 3164

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gnari-Garage  Ford pictures for Gnari-Garage    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
one more thing,

If you really want to make sure, shit for that price I would fly were ever the car is and drive it back. Email the guy back and say you want to see the car in person and you will bring Cash and see what he says?

--------------------
2017 McLaren 570GT
2019 Audi S5
2017 Tundra 7" Lift, 37" Tires

Posts: 4017 | From: 916-sacramento | Registered: Aug 2003  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com